Boat over at lake pleasant

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
IMG_9859.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

69hondo

Reaction score
Sad! I hope for the best but not sounding good.

Tank

Reaction score
Dude burns used to take his big boat there and be able to go through the gears The lake is plenty big.🤔

I know big boats run on pleasant. But it’s a pretty small lake. Ive run on it numerous times. I don’t think the lake size had anything to do with this incident though and my comment was only an observation as I marvel at some of the sizes of boats that run on it.

JayBreww

Reaction score
I know big boats run on pleasant. But it’s a pretty small lake. Ive run on it numerous times. I don’t think the lake size had anything to do with this incident though and my comment was only an observation as I marvel at some of the sizes of boats that run on it.

Ever been to Parker? Lol

Tragic, hoping for a miracle for the wife.

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
That's not good. I don't know if it's the same one, but last summer there was a couple in a similar Outerlimits that I saw at Pleasant when we were putting the boats back on the trailer. The man driving seemed to know how to handle the boat well and was friendly when we chatted a little bit while wiping the boats down. I hope that the wife is found and that both are OK.

Last edited:

rrrr

Reaction score
Water calm. What happened?

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
No new updates released yet? Sad story here at the beginning of another boating season.

Thoughts and prayers.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
One of the local Phoenix news channels mentioned something about running aground, don't know.:(
Prayers to all.

cakemoto

Reaction score
I’m watching the news now.. nothing yet.

OLDRAAT

inadequate member
Reaction score
Wasn't Pleasant where the cat rolled several years ago?

Sad for sure, prayers sent. :(

havasuhusker

Reaction score
Sad deal for sure. Prayers go out to the involved parties and their families.

DWC

Reaction score
Any updates on why it rolled? What a nightmare.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Horrible news.

hope the husband can recover and RIP to the wife ;(

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I haven't been to many lakes. That said though, Pleasant is the only one I've been to with bouy signs saying "Danger, submerged object"...in seemingly the middle of the lake. Get close a see it's a hilltop with trees from the previous valley.

I don't know what happened, but it was obviously bad.

$hot

To say what? :)
Reaction score
I haven't been to many lakes. That said though, Pleasant is the only one I've been to with bouy signs saying "Danger, submerged object"...in seemingly the middle of the lake. Get close a see it's a hilltop with trees from the previous valley.

I don't know what happened, but it was obviously bad.
Those islands pop up towards the end of the summer after they drain the lake for the CAP. They are well underwater right now

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Thoughts and prayers for the family and friends. What a tragedy!

This needs to remind all of us, things happen fast and are out of our control. Let’s keep our boating community as safe as we can.

Just recently I witnessed a very nice new boat pull up to a dock with a few passengers, one of them being an infant that was being held by another passenger, no form of safety vests or jacket for the infant. Sometimes we take take life for granted too often. It’s fine until... it’s not.

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Thoughts and prayers for the family and friends. What a tragedy!

This needs to remind all of us, things happen fast and are out of our control. Let’s keep our boating community as safe as we can.

Just recently I witnessed a very nice new boat pull up to a dock with a few passengers, one of them being an infant that was being held by another passenger, no form of safety vests or jacket for the infant. Sometimes we take take life for granted too often. It’s fine until... it’s not.

I wanted to say more, but I'm going to just say I agree with you 100%. I have two kids..one is 11 months old today.. My thoughts are with them and their families..I hate to see these things happen...the boating community may be big, but its also very small...My thoughts are with their friends and family.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Investigators said Michael and 51-year-old Shannon Hitchcock were going south on Lake Pleasant near south Barker Island in their 44-foot Outer Limits Off-shore high performance power boat.

Hats off to the divers and LE crew. They stayed with it until it was done, and the lady's body recovered.

If the gentleman is to recover, I hope he's sedated for now. If not, I hope the news doesn't kill him. Losing friends or loved ones is hard enough. Knowing they were beside you before things went black...and not seeing them again...😢