WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Skater 368, from the beginning.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Like I said before..... I really dig the white belly.... sitting on YOUR trailer that'll show nicely!

precisiondetails

Reaction score
Wow I love how your deck line graphic on the side blends well. I feel too many of the high graphic line takes away from the shape of the boat. Hope you guys know what I’m trying to describe.

Skater368

Upon My Request This is all Folks Skater368/nganga
Reaction score
Skater crew is absolutely committed to get me outta there next week. Lake tested on Easter Sunday. Thanks Skater.

deckwater.png

precisiondetails

Reaction score
Interesting props turning out .
Yep that’s what they like. As these tunnels create so much lift on their own now, turning out gives stern lift and more speed. But everything else needs to be dialed with prop diameter etc otherwise the rear will be loose.

575cat

Reaction score
My M31 and other s turn in , true full ,wide tunnels , like a kite dont need more tail lift .

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
Steve
Are you still leaving tomorrow to go get it or was it delayed a bit?

Tank

Reaction score
Came across this pic of the Skater @Duramax owned running hard in the pacific ocean when my buddy owned it. Made me think of the conversation on here about skaters handling snotty / ocean water (white caps in the back ground and confused water). Skater's in flight is a beautiful site!

Widow%20Maker.jpg

Skater368

Reaction score
Came across this pic of the Skater @Duramax owned running hard in the pacific ocean when my buddy owned it. Made me think of the conversation on here about skaters handling snotty / ocean water (white caps in the back ground and confused water). Skater's in flight is a beautiful site!

View attachment 989700

That's "Widowmaker" I think? I didn't know that was his. Rad, thanks for posting.

Duramax

Reaction score
Yep, I replied to you in another thread. That was when I got it, and although it looked cool, it was junk, with a lot of history behind it. The history that people don't tell you, but the kind you piece together and go, WTF. The kind that makes you walk away from the sport for 12 years. I put my heart and soul into the rebuild. One of the first negative deck 40's. That boat was -

The Chase is on
X-Men
Never Late
Hitman
Widow Maker

Skater368

Reaction score
Yep, I replied to you in another thread. That was when I got it, and although it looked cool, it was junk, with a lot of history behind it. The history that people don't tell you, but the kind you piece together and go, WTF. The kind that makes you walk away from the sport for 12 years. I put my heart and soul into the rebuild. One of the first negative deck 40's. That boat was -

The Chase is on
X-Men
Never Late
Hitman
Widow Maker

What year was it built? and what is "negative deck?"

Skater368

Reaction score

The Chase is on
X-Men
Never Late
Hitman
Widow Maker

From where I live, Widowmaker was behind a wall at a residence right by the Pinnacle Peak Circle K. Was that storage or your home? or a different boat?

Duramax

Reaction score
From where I live, Widowmaker was behind a wall at a residence right by the Pinnacle Peak Circle K. Was that storage or your home? or a different boat?
That was the owner after me. At that point it had Teague motors and older wet sump 6's I was told.

Skater368

Reaction score
That was the owner after me. At that point it had Teague motors and older wet sump 6's I was told.

I had to look at it everyday on the way to work. 😂

Duramax

Reaction score
I had to look at it everyday on the way to work. 😂
When I see you I will tell you the journey I had with that boat. Let me share this....I had taken it back to Skater a couple years in to owning it. It had many issues, but one of the main ones was the deck bubbling, so on the to do's was a new paint job. Little did I know at that point was that at some point in the boats life the deck hatch had been left open and a decent amount of water sat up inside the bulk heads.....which made the deck literally rot from the inside out. There was a gentlemen named Chris back then who ran the place. To make a long story short, one morning I woke up to an email with a picture of my boat with the WHOLE DECK cut off. Canopies forward..

Skater368

Reaction score
When I see you I will tell you the journey I had with that boat. Let me share this....I had taken it back to Skater a couple years in to owning it. It had many issues, but one of the main ones was the deck bubbling, so on the to do's was a new paint job. Little did I know at that point was that at some point in the boats life the deck hatch had been left open and a decent amount of water sat up inside the bulk heads.....which made the deck literally rot from the inside out. There was a gentlemen named Chris back then who ran the place. To make a long story short, one morning I woke up to an email with a picture of my boat with the WHOLE DECK cut off. Canopies forward..

"Oh...by the way, we had to cut your boat, pretty much in half. But don't worry".....:cool:

Tank

Reaction score

I heard that story. That boat has had a lot of history. I saw it running through the channel last (not) Desert Storm in 2020. It still commands all the attention though. If you bought it from Scott, it was probably Scott that had the water intrusion. I think when Justin owned it, it was pretty squared away as it was after you owned it.

40SKATER-6sm.jpg
40SKATER-37sm.jpg
40SKATER-39sm.jpg
40SKATER-40sm.jpg
40SKATER-47sm.jpg

Last edited:

Duramax

Reaction score
I heard that story. I do believe it was whomever owned it after Scott Conrad that let it fill with water. That boat has had a lot of history. I saw it running through the channel last (not) Desert Storm in 2020. It still commands all the attention though.
Yes it does. Mercedes pearl, all silver carbon dash with silver Autometers, brand new interior, deck, hatches, tanks, engines, drives, wiring, switches, new trailer, winch, jack, wheels, tires.....everything and everything I had.

Yes, that was all of my doing, and yes, Scot f**ked me over on it, like he f**ked over so many other people.

The trim gauge was the only thing left from the original dash. The Sterling's both smoked after the second trip, the dry 6's were put together with used parts, the port side even had two bearings missing. You think Bravo's are pricey, try rebuilding two 6's.

Last edited:

Tank

Reaction score
Yes it does. Mercedes pearl, all silver carbon dash with silver Autometers, brand new interior, deck, hatches, tanks, engines, drives, wiring, switches, new trailer, winch, jack, wheels, tires.....everything and everything I had.
I edited my reply. I thought you owned it after it was redone. Sounds like maybe Scott had the water issues.

Thing is beautiful. Sucks it mentally and financially drained you and soured you on boats. A good friend, long time boater that had some KILLER rides (Nada Chance Fountain, 42 #6 Tiger, 38 TS Gun, etc) bought the 46 Cigarette American Muscle II. It mentally broke him and made boating no more fun. He was so over fixing that thing and making it run right he sold it and hasn't bought another boat in like 8 years.

Singleton

Reaction score

Yes, that was all of my doing, and yes, Scot f**ked me over on it, like he f**ked over so many other people.

i remember the rebuild you did. Still one of my favorites
great attention to detail from a Tucson AZ Skater owner at that time

Duramax

Reaction score
I heard that story. That boat has had a lot of history. I saw it running through the channel last (not) Desert Storm in 2020. It still commands all the attention though. If you bought it from Scott, it was probably Scott that had the water intrusion. I think when Justin owned it, it was pretty squared away as it was after you owned it.

View attachment 989729 View attachment 989730 View attachment 989731 View attachment 989732 View attachment 989733
I edited my reply. I thought you owned it after it was redone. Sounds like maybe Scott had the water issues.

Thing is beautiful. Sucks it mentally and financially drained you and soured you on boats. A good friend, long time boater that had some KILLER rides (Nada Chance Fountain, 42 #6 Tiger, 38 TS Gun, etc) bought the 46 Cigarette American Muscle II. It mentally broke him and made boating no more fun. He was so over fixing that thing and making it run right he sold it and hasn't bought another boat in like 8 years.
I edited my reply too. That is exactly what happened to me, looking at the water literally made me sick. Also, my father was dying from Parkinsons, and nothing made him happier at the end then driving through the channel and being in the first row at Desert Storm. After that, I was done. 12 years away.

Duramax

Reaction score
i remember the rebuild you did. Still one of my favorites
great attention to detail from a Tucson AZ Skater owner at that time
I appreciate that. I took alot of pride in it.

Ok, now back to the original thread! Sorry to get off track bud!

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score

View attachment 989700
Boy that is some "confused" water.... and in addition he's taking it parallel to swells. Wheeeeeeeeeee! Elbows and feet you said right Tankster!!

Tank

Reaction score
I appreciate that. I took alot of pride in it.

Ok, now back to the original thread! Sorry to get off track bud!

Thanks for the explanation. Didn't mean to side track the thread. But still interesting (and bummer :( ) story. I'd heard the story before but didn't put it together that it was you.

Duramax

Reaction score
Thanks for the explanation. Didn't mean to side track the thread. But still interesting (and bummer :( ) story. I'd heard the story before but didn't put it together that it was you.
Of course. There is more too it (that I don't want to publicize) and some things that you wont believe. We will get together sometime and I will tell you the whole story. For now, my little twin Eliminator is a hoot!

Skater368

Reaction score
Well, nobody else said it so I will..... Steve, I feel like somebody just slept with your girl before you got first crack.... we'll let it slide this once hee hee

Well, there's always gonna be a first time. It just wasn't with me. I'd rather it get tested while its 1950 miles away. One of the riggers tested it. he did most of the work so, good choice.

Duramax

Reaction score
Well, there's always gonna be a first time. It just wasn't with me. I'd rather it get tested while its 1950 miles away. One of the riggers tested it. he did most of the work so, good choice.
You would rather fix a leak or something with them, not get all the way home.

precisiondetails

Reaction score
Of course. There is more too it (that I don't want to publicize) and some things that you wont believe. We will get together sometime and I will tell you the whole story. For now, my little twin Eliminator is a hoot!

Good to hear Erik, I remember when you were doing that redo. We were on our way to Loto With Gary Smith back in 2010z we even ended up on the same flight out there. Not sure you remember but then we drove to the lake. It was my Father and I. You were with Gary, Cookie and John. Those were good times. Also remember hanging with you in Tahoe. Hope to hear that whole story one day as well.

-Chad