WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Heading up river.

e911

Reaction score
Can any of you fine lads tell me the best lines to go up river from Havasu. Have the lines changed since summer 2019? I want to head up river Tuesday. Thanks guys

HPBoats83

Reaction score
Am I the only one that’s too chicken to run up there? I get stuck almost every time! [emoji2357]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your ad here

Reaction score
Am I the only one that’s too chicken to run up there? I get stuck almost every time! [emoji2357]

If you hug the island it's bad. If your going up river you need to be West of the island and when you get to the island shoot over to the East side and hug it. Only time it gets tough is when some jackass is floating across the path forcing you to go close to the island or sandbar. I usually keep distance from other boats but sometimes it gets close...

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Is the no wake area on the west side a no-go anymore? I didnt make it up river all last season. The year b4 it was doable on that west side .

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Well, the levels have been up a bit if that helps your headset.

If you are not comfortable with it, stay back and follow someone.

I stay close to the grass, keep head on swivel and watch boat traffic, if it seems busy I slow down and fall back patiently.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Is the no wake area on the west side a no-go anymore? I didnt make it up river all last season. The year b4 it was doable on that west side .

I couldn't get through it last season... may have been water level related...but its just full of silt. I just take the "zig zag" (only way I can describe it..I don't deviate) and hope the fucking rental jet ski's aren't playing around there..About ran one of them over in November.

e911

Reaction score
If you hug the island it's bad. If your going up river you need to be West of the island and when you get to the island shoot over to the East side and hug it. Only time it gets tough is when some jackass is floating across the path forcing you to go close to the island or sandbar. I usually keep distance from other boats but sometimes it gets close...

Do you mean like this?

Attachments

• 73F430FE-980C-4E35-898B-4EF4A3ACECD9.jpeg
    73F430FE-980C-4E35-898B-4EF4A3ACECD9.jpeg
    81 KB · Views: 299

wet hull

Reaction score
I always hug the reed island going up and back down. Just remember everyone does as well. Coming down yesterday had a guy coming straight at me and wouldn't change his line. I let off throttle and he passd on my right. He was in the wrong a 100% but I saw it and acted accordingly. When I go up river I immediately cut to the right just past the island in case traffic is coming down river as that is their proper path. It is becoming a dangerous line in that regard.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Yeah . . . listen to the advice given here and take your time . . . tune-out all the bullshit going on and stay safe.
Once you've 'got a line', stay comfortable with it . . . it's just a small section, but can be a critical one.

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
Never had a problem using the no wake side the past 7 years.

Last year was low but still doable from Easter to October.

I’m usually crossing around 10am and 3pm

e911

Reaction score
Will do , thanks again guys

HCP3

Reaction score
Just be aware that everyone "hugs the island" going up and down and it can be difficult to see the other boat coming at you around the corner... I am surprised there aren't more accidents there.

JFMFG

Reaction score
Just be aware that everyone "hugs the island" going up and down and it can be difficult to see the other boat coming at you around the corner... I am surprised there aren't more accidents there.
It’s not that difficult to see other boats going around the island in my opinion.

farmo83

Reaction score
It amazes how lakes have area's you just have to "know where your going."