WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

So what would you do? Happened this morning (with video)...

kurtis500

Reaction score
(Turn up the volume to hear the screaming.!)
So I’m in my shop and hear screaming like someone’s being murdered. I look at my cameras to see a car pull around my alley with the passenger door open and stop in front of the shop. I could see people struggling in the front seat and it looks like a person or someone with a kid in the passenger seat. At the time I thought someone was out the passenger door and pinned or something. I looked around the back and saw nothing and could barely see the drivers head. Walked up next to the door and it drove away. Not sure if this was a dv, rape, kidnapping or etc. crazy stuff but I wasn’t going to watch and do nothing. I also wasn’t going to point a gin at anyone. This is the same alley I was attacked in by a guy with a knife a few years ago. Phoenix PD came and watched all the videos I had. Said good work and left. This is similar to the many reasons we moved and I come back occasionally to work. A nice neighborhood just get too much crap passing through.

Last edited:

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Good on you for showing up. If there was dire need you were there.

What more can anyone ask from a stranger in America? This is what the country was founded on. Everyone helping each other.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Good on you for having the testicular fortitude to atleast check and make your presence known. Nowadays far to many ppl are hiding behind a cell phone and too afraid to act when needed. Makes me smile to know there are still a few of us out there

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

lbhsbz

Reaction score
On one hand, you're clearly dealing with people that are having a bad day....who knows what they'll do if you approach? On the other hand, something bad may have been happening and you might have prevented something worse from happening. On yet a 3rd hand, you could have been arrested for brandishing a firearm. I'd like to say I'd have dragged the driver out of the car and put a stop to the situation until the cops arrived because I had good reason to believe that one of the 2 occupants was in distress and I simply wanted to delay it until more qualified authorities showed up, but I bet that would have not ended well for me one way or another....and since I wasn't there and I've had a few minutes to think about my response while you didn't....it probably wouldn't have gone quite the way I described.
You had yourself reasonably protected while you did what you could on short notice with a lot of unknowns. At the end of the day....whatever problem they were having was their problem and not yours. You kept it that way and notified LEO who's job it to handle things like this. Nicely done.

kurtis500

Reaction score
I could barely. thats why I stayed behind the driver. Once I got a look inside the car took off. Looked like the driver was hitting/punching or etc. Unfortunately the head on video couldnt get it from the reflection.

Last edited:

WYRD

Reaction score
Is that an airsoft rifle? Looked cute.

Good on you for stepping up although I would have had a much more defensive approach then you did. I know it's armchair quarterbacking but I definitely think you could have put yourself In Harm's Way

kurtis500

Reaction score
On yet a 3rd hand, you could have been arrested for brandishing a firearm.
Exactly why i took care not to point it at at the car or anyone.. The yelling/screams of distress where enough to exit the shop armed. Ive also been assaulted by a guy with a knife in the alley a few feet from this exact spot.

I knew if the guy had a pistol and shot through the window I would be at a disadvantage. I kept my space behind the driver and tried to confirm nobody was being stabbed or choked or etc. Then they took off.

Last edited:

kurtis500

Reaction score
Is that an airsoft rifle? Looked cute.

Good on you for stepping up although I would have had a much more defensive approach then you did. I know it's armchair quarterbacking but I definitely think you could have put yourself In Harm's Way
Browning BLR .308

The door is the only exit from my shop to the alley. Was kind of stuck using that route. Either that or watch it on video as it happened

WYRD

Reaction score
Browning BLR .308

The door is the only exit from my shop to the alley. Was kind of stuck using that route. Either that or watch it on video as it happened
Well you did a good thing by stepping up the majority of people nowadays would have hid behind their phones recording

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
So to play devils advocate....

Some poor dad is having a terrible day because his little brat kid is throwing the mother of all temper tantrums because he took the 7yr olds phone away. The kid is acting so badly that the dad decides to turn around and go back to where he was coming from using the nearest turn around which happens to be an alley. Then that little brat kid decides they want to get out of the moving car and then proceeds to almost rake dads door down the alley wall. Dad decides to pull over to try and get the little shit under control when some psycho starts walking towards him with an assault rifle. Out of fear the dad takes off, after all he is in an alley that is known for people being mugged 😁

kurtis500

Reaction score
I had to look up the ARS but to address the 'brandishing a weapon' its NOT brandishing a weapon. Theres a difference. I exited my shop with the gun knowing it might get used. I chambered the first round walking out.. If I didnt think I was in danger or wouldnt be in danger I wouldnt have had the .308 in my hands. I couldnt quote the statute but this is dead on with what I saw and heard. What I saw and heard is fortunately on video and audio. I was careful not to threaten the driver directly or stand still or anywhere I was an easy target. I could have been shot first, I knew that. I honestly thought someone was on the ground between the wall and car so I went there first to look.

Anyways, heres the law..
ARS 13-406 - A person is justified in threatening or using physical force or deadly physical force against another to protect a third person if, under the circumstances as a reasonable person would believe them to be, such person would be justified under section 13-404 or 13-405 in threatening or using physical force or deadly physical force to protect himself against the unlawful physical force or deadly physical force a reasonable person would believe is threatening the third person he seeks to protect.

Water Romper

Reaction score
Kudo's for making sure someone isn't getting killed/raped/mugged etc. But I have a question- Lets say (another devils' advocate) A dude is slapping a female around, what are you going to do with a .308? Cant shoot him, cant lay the rifle down and drag him out for fear the fights on and he gets the rifle -OR- he is armed.
Kind of a dammed if you do/don't situation. Its easy to second guess while I am sitting on my couch but I think I would have done the same thing you did. Was it right/wrong who knows but when producing a weapon, it possibly could take a situation to the next level. Your camera is your best friend next to the .308.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Sounds like a kid throwing a tantrum in the car? Then the dad maybe saying “bitch lighten up.” ???

kurtis500

Reaction score
Sounds like a kid throwing a tantrum in the car? Then the dad maybe saying “bitch lighten up.” ???
Not sure why the video sounds like it was a kid, but definitely a woman sitting in the passenger seat. I heard bitch let go. I could see his right hand either Holding the shirt neck or had his hand on the persons neck. Never heard a peep after that. You can see a hand cone out in the second video. Creepy

Last edited:

riverroyal

Reaction score
im blaming the woman in the car.....lol. Ballsy move going out there.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Kudo's for making sure someone isn't getting killed/raped/mugged etc. But I have a question- Lets say (another devils' advocate) A dude is slapping a female around, what are you going to do with a .308? Cant shoot him, cant lay the rifle down and drag him out for fear the fights on and he gets the rifle -OR- he is armed.
Kind of a dammed if you do/don't situation. Its easy to second guess while I am sitting on my couch but I think I would have done the same thing you did. Was it right/wrong who knows but when producing a weapon, it possibly could take a situation to the next level. Your camera is your best friend next to the .308.

Fucking a you can shoot them. Protecting another civilian. He's not in pussyland CA.

WYRD

Reaction score
Fucking a you can shoot them. Protecting another civilian. He's not in pussyland CA.
Is pussyland some sort of amusement park?

I may have to rethink my stance on them if so..

Water Romper

Reaction score
Just heard back from Phoenix PD. Driver was arrested after this incident. Waiting to hear more...
Nice to know YOU may have prevented somthing horrible. karma is a bitch, unless your on the positive side, good for you

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
No CCW needed in AZ either. Plus that wasnt concealed. He did nothing wrong IMO. The second video where he was in front of the dark window...YIKES!

keep us updated.

good job on stepping up. I am sure that woman appreciated what you did.

Last edited:

Deckin Around

Reaction score
So to play devils advocate....

Some poor dad is having a terrible day because his little brat kid is throwing the mother of all temper tantrums because he took the 7yr olds phone away. The kid is acting so badly that the dad decides to turn around and go back to where he was coming from using the nearest turn around which happens to be an alley. Then that little brat kid decides they want to get out of the moving car and then proceeds to almost rake dads door down the alley wall. Dad decides to pull over to try and get the little shit under control when some psycho starts walking towards him with an assault rifle. Out of fear the dad takes off, after all he is in an alley that is known for people being mugged 😁

When did you meet my 7 year old?