WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Happy Wife - Happy Life - C8 Edition

River Dirt 2

Brummett 21
Reaction score
Happy Birthday to my wonderful wife of 35 years.
Ordered the car July/2019.....

E3C6B38F-D63D-4E03-93BC-74748F1820B4.jpeg
9858B033-4693-47AE-8675-110FEFCD93D5.jpeg
AE43DCFB-8470-4262-ACA6-35E63B490DF5.jpeg
33CE254D-7110-4783-9C55-05D8B785C3F5.jpeg
94C25F0C-5EC4-4D83-B5C1-B2CEBCC7CCBA.jpeg

River Dirt 2

Brummett 21
Reaction score
By ordering it almost a year ago, were you able to avoid the dread Market Adjustment Markup ? 20' or 21' ?

2019. Almost 2 years ago. And nope, pay up.

They also just stopped taking sold orders for 21’s

River Dirt 2

Brummett 21
Reaction score
Damn, I'm fighting hard to stay alive long enough until I get one, but hope is running out. ;)

Only 200 or so miles on it , but damn, nice toy. You would not be disappointed. Well worth the wait. Now if you are real patient this one will be available when the ZO6 is available 😁

Momma is very happy. She works her ass off so this is a well deserved weekender.

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
Is this the 2021 Vega?.... I'm confused 🤔

beerrun

Reaction score
I read somewhere that corvette is going back to a front engine car

boatpi

Reaction score
For the price of that car, it’s the performance, it’s the best deal on the market along with the mustang GT.

I have a funny story about a week ago I was a group of five Lamborghinis that stayed overnight at the Ritz Carlton in Santa Barbara.
Just as we pulled in to park our cars and back in by the fountain or the entryway the owner of a new C8 with paper plates was just getting out of his car with his girl. He looked at us and I bet he felt about 3 feet tall, I felt so bad for him, and all of us went over when we our cars.

We checked out his car and complemented him.

It was really sweet and new new black one with the tall spoiler. In the photo I attached his C8 is in the lower right corner. He was parked in a different position and since we had greased the valet really well, we asked them to back it in along side of our cars.
3B2D91B1-A5FE-484D-8511-94CF517F519E.jpeg

it’s all about cool cars not what you could afford or not.
In the photo right to left it’s the 2021 C8 Corvette a 2019 Huracan, a new 2021 Huracan Evo, my 2019 Aventador S, 1991 Diablo five speed , and a 2013 gallardo superleggera, female owned and driven.

Congrats to your wife, you’re a classy guy!

Last edited:

Taboma

Reaction score
For the price of that car, it’s the performance, it’s the best deal on the market along with the mustang GT.

I have a funny story about a week ago I was a group of five Lamborghinis that stayed overnight at the Ritz Carlton in Santa Barbara.
Just as we pulled in to park our cars and back in by the fountain or the entryway the owner of a new C8 with paper plates was just getting out of his car with his girl. He looked at us and I bet he felt about 3 feet tall, I felt so bad for him, and all of us went over when we our cars.

It was really sweet and new new black one with the tall spoiler. In the photo I attached his C8 is in the lower right corner. He was parked in a different position and since we had greased the valet really well, we asked them to back it in along side of our cars. View attachment 989190

In the photo right to left it’s the 2021 C8 Corvette a 2019 Huracan, a new 2021 Huracan Evo, my 2019 Aventador S, 1991 Diablo five speed , and a 2013 gallardo superleggera, female owned and driven.

Very cool, so there you are all in your cool Lambos, feeling 10 feet tall, then Axl Rose pulls in in his new to him Mclaren P1 GTR, Oopsie ( Assuming of course he can even get a plate on it ?). Arriving as top dog is one thing, remaining there for long, another. 😁

My son the contractor just had his crew over to Axl's Malibu house bringing four new circuits to power up his $ 40K virtual reality driving simulator, so hopefully that car will avoid mating with any large stationary objects. :oops: That old Rocker sure has a nice collection of cars in his stable. 👍👍👍

I'd take the C8, when I had my Ferrari, I learned buying it and feeling wealthy enough to feel comfortable about driving and parking it most anywhere, were not one and the same.
I'm not that guy, so I sold it, but the C8, now that I could have fun owning. 👍

gqchris

Reaction score

It was really sweet and new new black one with the tall spoiler. In the photo I attached his C8 is in the lower right corner. He was parked in a different position and since we had greased the valet really well, we asked them to back it in along side of our cars.

A C8 is more than welcome to hang and park with my group of friends. My riding buddies roll BIG DOG cars. Scuds, Pistas, Stradales, LP700's, Superleggeras, LP670's. ( I think thats the correct Lambo terms, I'm more of a Ferrari guy lol). But they are so more than welcoming, and we have a "run what you bring" attitude. I bet that guy was not feeling short at all, he was on cloud 9!

Shit, I'm jealous of a C8. That is the most practical, bang for the buck purchase in the Supercar realm in my opinion.

And I bet they don't get Sticky Buttons!

Last edited:

River Dirt 2

Brummett 21
Reaction score

It was really sweet and new new black one with the tall spoiler. In the photo I attached his C8 is in the lower right corner. He was parked in a different position and since we had greased the valet really well, we asked them to back it in along side of our cars. View attachment 989190

Thanks, nice toys you have there as well.
We have the high wing as well just not installed yet. Kinda crazy the factory does not install it, it gets shipped to the dealer for them to do, same for any non-standard wheels..

boatpi

Reaction score
I know they stop production of the high wing for a while because the subcontractor cannot produce it I understand it’s back in production again. For myself my group is not about feeling 10 feet tall it’s about driving the cars are more than that the people that are part of a club just fantastic genuine people.

no trust fund babies allowed!!

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Very nice!
I figure 3-5 years I’ll be able to afford a used C-8, if they scale like C-7’s and earlier platforms have.
I’ve bought both mine (a 5 and a 7) used, but with certain criteria.
Absolutely no more than 20K miles. (The C-5 had 17K, the 7 had 6500)
One owner, clean Carfax, triple black vert only, manual transmission and some other stuff.
I figure I’ll have to loosen that up for a C8, at least with color and trim...and likely go paddle, simply because there isn’t as many as earlier platforms. But it’s all moot right now.
My selfish hope is that the Z06 release instantly devalues every C8 out there right now and gets that >30% price reduction that I need to own one!

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
As a golfer, I support the 2 bag requirement, lol. I love the look, Front to Rear.
Would be great to hear a review from a RDP owner, for those of us thinking about ordering one.

clarence

Reaction score
I golf too.

If by myself, I drive the Miata and put the clubs in the passenger seat.

If I'm with someone, I take my other car.

Simple.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
I golf too.

If by myself, I drive the Miata and put the clubs in the passenger seat.

If I'm with someone, I take my other car.

Simple.
I own a truck and large SUV. I can fit 4 golfers and their clubs in either, easily. When I purchase a Vette, regardless if C5-C8, I’m going to drive it to the golf course, often. And I don’t want my clubs launching into me from the drivers seat if I decide to drive like an asshole, lol. I applaud Chevy for keeping the C8 functional.

clarence

Reaction score
I own a truck and large SUV. I can fit 4 golfers and their clubs in either, easily. When I purchase a Vette, regardless if C5-C8, I’m going to drive it to the golf course, often. And I don’t want my clubs launching into me from the drivers seat if I decide to drive like an asshole, lol. I applaud Chevy for keeping the C8 functional.

1. Seatbelt
2. Supercar: looks > function

River Dirt 2

Brummett 21
Reaction score
By ordering it almost a year ago, were you able to avoid the dread Market Adjustment Markup ? 20' or 21' ?

I may have misunderstood your question, yes we had to pay the 21 price increase on a couple of the options but nothing over MSRP.
But that’s ok too, gave them a little time to fix a couple of 1st year issues.

Taboma

Reaction score
I may have misunderstood your question, yes we had to pay the 21 price increase on a couple of the options but nothing over MSRP.
But that’s ok too, gave them a little time to fix a couple of 1st year issues.

Oh OK, I'd rather have gotten the newer version, well worth the extra $$ I agree. I'd misunderstood and thought you'd gotten last years model, plus paid addition dealer "Adjustments", that's what I'm hoping will fade and took me seven years of waiting until I finally bought my Raptor.
I'm too damned old to wait seven years for a C8 😂

badgas

Reaction score
When does GM cancel this "Evil" fossil fuel machine ?

I thought they were going the way of RC cars ?

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
When does GM cancel this "Evil" fossil fuel machine ?

I thought they were going the way of RC cars ?

It’s so laughable.

GM bought into Lordstown Motors so they could harvest all of their EV emission credits and avoid CAFE penalties, while continuing to sell gas cars for as long as possible.

And their “all EV by 2035” is now an “aspirational” goal that depends on a huge number of externalities that will never be met.

This is all virtue signaling at its finest and the libs are buying it, because they only read headlines [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro