WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Blind sided.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Just received the news that my manager/supervisor passed away.

I have only been with the company since last July and only got to meet her face to face once due to covid.

She was by far the greatest mentor I have had yet, she would do anything got us even if it meant bumping heads with some folks. She had our backs.

She helped our Team do the unthinkable last year and plan more work than the other hubs combined.
She was our teams rock.

Ann thank you for giving me the opportunity to join this team of over achievers and believing in me.

RIP

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Thanks she was just talking to me last week about calling in sick to recoup from the huge amount of work we pushed out last month.

That was our last conversation.

She had her grandkid sitting on her lap during my last performance review and all we talked about was my kids and her grandkids.
She didn’t give a dam about being “professional “ she wanted us to know she was just the same as us. With the same struggles.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. There are special people out there that have a huge impact, even though they are only with you for a short time.

7 years ago I worked at a small start up and we lost our CEO in a freak train accident in Africa. He went for some billionaire’s wedding and never came back. Young guy with little kids. It was a close nit group of 20 people in the company so it hit hard. I still think about him a lot and thank him for giving me my first big shot that catapulted my career.