WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Real Estate People

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
I was listening to my New York talk show on the radio and they mentioned a new mandate that says while showing a house a realtor can’t say “master” bedroom ....must say “primary”.......how’s that to add to the PC bullshit!

I would like to know who “patient zero” is who thinks of these things a punch them square in the nose!

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Patient zero is the left.. and that is in New York.. not here
Your right.....and that’s why I have stopped watching any tv news since the election.....gives me angina!

Bails

Reaction score
someone told me the other day that Real Estate Agents are not allow to pass on a letter from the family trying to buy there house anymore. You know how people say they want to raise a family in the house and send a picture with it. Supposedly it allows for racism, as the seller can tell the race from the picture. who knows🤪

RichieRich

Reaction score
My wife is a Realtor here in So Cal and she said the MLS absolutely now says primary and secondary no longer master

And to Bails...she still passes on letters and recommends all of her buyer submit one.

Her clients are now writing offers for $20k-$30k over appraised value...not asking over appraised value. Its crazy here right now

Runs2rch

Reaction score
I still write master on our listings, as well as letter's from potential buyers. Never pics though.

I'm sure none of these non racists never ever look people up on social media....

LC925

Reaction score
My wife is a Realtor here in So Cal and she said the MLS absolutely now says primary and secondary no longer master

And to Bails...she still passes on letters and recommends all of her buyer submit one.

Her clients are now writing offers for $20k-$30k over appraised value...not asking over appraised value. Its crazy here right now

Yeah this blew my mind. A buddy looking at a house listed for $499k, offers $530k, sellers come back with we will sell to you for $545k OR $20k OVER appraisal not to exceed $545k. Bought for $545k and luckily appraisal came in at $555k. Yes they tried the letter and photo thing here in Redlands as there are many elderly sellers that might let their emotions choose this young family, but kept getting out bid beyond the $20-$30k over asking.

Sucks to be a buyer right now.

Now as a seller, why not get an appraisal to know what you appraise for prior to listing? In this case, they left money on the table the way the market is. 🤷🏻‍♂️

530RL

Reaction score
About 20 years ago I was in a meeting at Boeing and casually used the word "cockpit". I was quickly corrected that at Boeing, they used "flight deck". 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
thats gonna be a challenge for townhomes that come with with two equal size bedrooms.
Maybe "primary north" and "primary south" or something like that.
Poor realtors...just trying to sell is so complicated anymore...luckily, market heat makes the effort worthwhile.

nameisbond

Reaction score
People do the letter thing here. Some sellers don't want their house torn down and replaced with a mega mansion............................

Sort of on topic. Vancouver was very racist in the 1950's and even into the 1960's. Some neighborhoods restricted who could buy there. Some young buyers are shocked when they buy an old house that has the original title. They say no Jews, Asians or Negros on them. The government didn't pass anti discrimination laws until the early 1980's.

grumpy88

Reaction score
When are the woke citys going to declassify " china town " or Armenian town and so on ? Oh i forgot only white people can be racist ..

RichieRich

Reaction score
Yeah this blew my mind. A buddy looking at a house listed for $499k, offers $530k, sellers come back with we will sell to you for $545k OR $20k OVER appraisal not to exceed $545k. Bought for $545k and luckily appraisal came in at $555k. Yes they tried the letter and photo thing here in Redlands as there are many elderly sellers that might let their emotions choose this young family, but kept getting out bid beyond the $20-$30k over asking.

Sucks to be a buyer right now.

Now as a seller, why not get an appraisal to know what you appraise for prior to listing? In this case, they left money on the table the way the market is. 🤷🏻‍♂️
you can pay for an appraisal, but usually every lender will want their own and they will all be a little different

riverroyal

Reaction score
master bedroom is gone from all new home builds. Main bedroom is now the new correct term. THIS really F'd up a LOT of drawings and brochures.
Also you can forget male and female electrical call outs on drawings.

Also, the term 'just missed by a cunt hair' is now 'just missed by a pubic hair'

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
We just had 2 places go up for sale on our dirt road , 2.5 ac old home 285$k and 3.8 ac ( very nice place older 2x wide ) 280$k . We have one of nice places on our road 5ac

jadenchick

Reaction score

I still use master as well. Master bedroom and master bathroom. I just listed a house this morning and I’ve had over 30 calls. I had my first call 15 minutes after I put it on the MLS. My sellers have been out of the house today from 11-7pm because I had showings every 30 minutes. 14 showings tomorrow. Got an offer for $55k above appraised value. It’s insane right now!!!!

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
You also cannot call a bathroom between two bedrooms “Jack and Jill” now it’s adjoining.

2Driver

Reaction score
As of today there is no more primarybating in the adjoining bathroom

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
Well if a "master" cylinder is now a "primary" cylinder, does that make the "slave" cylinder got cancelled? I guess no reparations then either huh?

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
Lots of things have changed....more on their way!

Yes, we are not supposed to submit letters of the heart to be submitted with offers. The powers that be think it will create a race problem as white folk may not want to sell to someone of a different color. In my 20+ years, sellers really only care about how much they will net when escrow closes. The letter from the heart helps us figure out who has an emotional attachment to the home and will stay the course through escrow.

Yes, the MLS has changed the Master verbiage to Primary.

Lots of other changes coming in the near future. I truly believe there is a very small portion that actually care about these social items.