WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Hot Water - filmed in LHC, available now on streaming channels

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Available now on Prime Video, YouTube TV etc........looks better than the Oscar level quality of Piranha.

Produced by some neighbors of ours here in the Refuge and the majority of the off water shots are filmed in the Refuge. Lots of familiar locations, Kokomos, etc. The mechanic guy kind of looks like RiverDave and I think he should have been cast in the role.

Last edited:

Duramax

Reaction score
Nice!!! That's awesome. Good for them.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Why didn't they call you in for this Steve?

riverroyal

Reaction score
Why didn't they call you in for this Steve?
I knew about it a few years ago. Larry is a great guy. The year I 'retired' I went to universal and back stage to watch waterworld where he was working as a stuntman. I almost took a job there, almost. Living in LA at the time wouldn't have worked with a pregnant wife.
Guess I need to watch it

Sharpy

Reaction score
The mechanic guy kind of looks like RiverDave and I think he should have been cast in the role.

I watched it on the magic box Monday night and thought the same thing! 🤣🤣

The main characters (Billy) acting chops are a little rough, but the movie was entertaining. I’m gonna drop a spoiler though, for a movie based in LHC and kicking a party vibe... There’s no damn TITTIES!!! 🤬😡🤣🤣

Icky

Reaction score
I guess I know what I'll watch tonight since she would never watch this

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I watched it on the magic box Monday night and thought the same thing! 🤣🤣

The main characters (Billy) acting chops are a little rough, but the movie was entertaining. I’m gonna drop a spoiler though, for a movie based in LHC and kicking a party vibe... There’s no damn TITTIES!!! 🤬😡🤣🤣
Big let down there

Mototrig

Reaction score
You remember that old dirt bike movie winners take all? This reminds me of that movie except with skis.
Cheesy race movies can be a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to watching this LOL

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
Available now on Prime Video, YouTube TV etc........looks better than the Oscar level quality of Piranha.

Produced by some neighbors of ours here in the Refuge and the majority of the off water shots are filmed in the Refuge. Lots of familiar locations, Kokomos, etc. The mechanic guy kind of looks like RiverDave and I think he should have been cast in the role.
Noah's car is in this movie

Turnup

Reaction score
Rippenkroeger lives in Refuge?! Thats awesome..an old idol, up there with Travis Chipres, Doug Domokos, Johnny O'mara..🤘😁

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
I saw it.

Once.
Once was too much. I was there just after they filmed and was boating around. The water was a gross reddish brown from the fake blood. We went to another area to jump in. Looked nasty.

Tank

Reaction score
Once was too much. I was there just after they filmed and was boating around. The water was a gross reddish brown from the fake blood. We went to another area to jump in. Looked nasty.
I remember when they put out the call to get boats for background scene. I think it was on Hotboat.

Wonder how they pulled off that ski flying out of the pool scene. Thing coming down landing on the outside edge of the pool would do some serious damage you would think.

havasuhusker

Reaction score
You mean you've never seen Piranha??? It was such a great flick! lol

Speaking of Piranha...the one filmed in LHC...my son and I had a father/son night when he was in JR high and I let him pick the movie from Redbox. He saw Piranha and I said, that one was filmed at the lake and he thought that was so cool and asked to rent it. I was like sure, how bad could it be. Well, there was one point in the movie where the girls were all naked, completely nude and his eyes were wider than the state of Texas! It was at that point I had to pause it and have THE TALK! I wasn't prepared to have it, but made my way through it.

Needless to say, I will never forget that movie!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Speaking of Piranha...the one filmed in LHC...my son and I had a father/son night when he was in JR high and I let him pick the movie from Redbox. He saw Piranha and I said, that one was filmed at the lake and he thought that was so cool and asked to rent it. I was like sure, how bad could it be. Well, there was one point in the movie where the girls were all naked, completely nude and his eyes were wider than the state of Texas! It was at that point I had to pause it and have THE TALK! I wasn't prepared to have it, but made my way through it.

Needless to say, I will never forget that movie!

That's awesome.

My bro in law did a bunch of behind the scenes work on this movie. Used my toon for a bunch of it too.

Needless to say...

Neither of us ever got paid! 🤣

She's Mine

Reaction score

Larry Rippenkroger is one of your neighbors? Nice, he was big in the jetski freestyle back when I was racing in the 90's

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
That's awesome.

My bro in law did a bunch of behind the scenes work on this movie. Used my toon for a bunch of it too.

Needless to say...

Neither of us ever got paid! 🤣
Wasn't there a few private boats that got wrecked during a wind storm that they never fixed either.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Wasn't there a few private boats that got wrecked during a wind storm that they never fixed either.
Yup, and boats had holes in the interiors from dancer with high heals on the hatch covers.

BingerFang

Reaction score
Where you’ve been lol they have been up especially if a reed engine. 😱🤔

Well this film should help it up even more! I have 2 of them bad boys collecting dust, both with reed motors. Problem is they are still so much fun to ride compared to the new ones, don’t know if I could ever sell them.

77charger

Reaction score
Well this film should help it up even more! I have 2 of them bad boys collecting dust, both with reed motors. Problem is they are still so much fun to ride compared to the new ones, don’t know if I could ever sell them.
Yeh they are fun i have a 94 reed for my daughter and a 90 sx with some mild cylinder work i ride it often.I rode it yesterday dropped in at 10 and river on way to ca yesterday for work.Gets more use than my boat