WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

PSA...another clue into the minds of women

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Fastest way to annoy your Wife,

Take a nap on the couch anytime the sun is up 🤔

I dont know what it is about a sleeping man that drives a woman crazy but it's true....you are now informed!

that is all

Got another option...leave for 16 days with an 11 month old still at home to hang out with friends on our boats, drink beers, do a poker run, go to MT in between it all, etc etc. If I go MIA after the 26th y'all will know what happened...lol

Jk my wife is a saint, and I couldn't ask for a better one 🍻 but im sure that I will pay dearly for this months shenanigans..its midnight in Texas and im drinking beers while legit helping her clean up around the house since I'm "leaving"😂

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
You wanna know how to really piss them off? Don’t eat the lunch they made you for work and bring it back home. Take my word for it. Throw it in the trash before you get home or be scorn for life, lol 😂

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Mentioning her in my RDP posts is a sure way to piss her off. So I'm out.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Isn't this the truth. My wife gets so upset over me taking a np while watching TV. She said she would rather me go lay down in the bed to take a nap than sleep on the couch or recliner.

Fastest way to annoy your Wife,

Take a nap on the couch anytime the sun is up 🤔

I dont know what it is about a sleeping man that drives a woman crazy but it's true....you are now informed!

that is all

TrollerDave

Reaction score
Isn't this the truth. My wife gets so upset over me taking a np while watching TV. She said she would rather me go lay down in the bed to take a nap than sleep on the couch or recliner.
With my wife, it’s when I start nodding off. I’m doing the head-bobbing thing and that seems to drive her crazy.
My favorite way to piss her off is when she asks what I think about something she has a concern about and my answer:
“It’s fine”.
And then the fight started... 😆

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Jk my wife is a saint, and I couldn't ask for a better one 🍻 but im sure that I will pay dearly for this months shenanigans..its midnight in Texas and im drinking beers while legit helping her clean up around the house since I'm "leaving"😂

Way to cover all bases. You should be good if she ever sees this thread. LOL

CLdrinker

Reaction score
You wanna know how to really piss them off? Don’t eat the lunch they made you for work and bring it back home. Take my word for it. Throw it in the trash before you get home or be scorn for life, lol 😂

You only bring home a lunch once that you didn’t eat that’s for damn sure!!

lbhsbz

Reaction score
You only bring home a lunch once that you didn’t eat that’s for damn sure!!

I always forget my lunch because I've got too many other things on my mind walking out the door. Her favorite is when she puts my lunch on top of my truck keys on the little table by the door...so I can't forget it....then I pick it up, grab my keys, and set it back down and leave for work.

Needless to say, I don't get lunch for work anymore.

2Driver

Reaction score
B834DD5C-7FB6-4811-A425-AE99C2D92ADE.jpeg

Taboma

Reaction score
In 37 years of a rather amazing marriage, after two prior failed attempts 🤑 😖, I've only discovered ONE thing that really pisses my Mrs off.

If she's helping me with, well, just about anything, especially BOATING things, it's considered VERBOTEN ( In English --- Forbidden or Prohibited) to criticize or be critical of how said assistance is being performed.
Would seem there's an extremely thin line between offering direction or instruction, versus pointing out she's doing it completely back-asswards WRONG and we're all going to die. :oops:
Even IF we all might die, it's best to be calm and extremely non-confrontational during any exchanges if there's any hope of surviving or not living in forever regret. 🥴

Any correction of her assistance should be prefaced with " Obviously it's MY mistake, I did not make myself clear, or I neglected to mention " --- THEN and only then I can proceed with further instruction. 👍

I do believe there should be a training course offered for how to properly criticize your wife. 😁

Ty N

Reaction score
In 37 years of a rather amazing marriage, after two prior failed attempts 🤑 😖, I've only discovered ONE thing that really pisses my Mrs off.

If she's helping me with, well, just about anything, especially BOATING things, it's considered VERBOTEN ( In English --- Forbidden or Prohibited) to criticize or be critical of how said assistance is being performed.
Would seem there's an extremely thin line between offering direction or instruction, versus pointing out she's doing it completely back-asswards WRONG and we're all going to die. :oops:
Even IF we all might die, it's best to be calm and extremely non-confrontational during any exchanges if there's any hope of surviving or not living in forever regret. 🥴

Any correction of her assistance should be prefaced with " Obviously it's MY mistake, I did not make myself clear, or I neglected to mention " --- THEN and only then I can proceed with further instruction. 👍

I do believe there should be a training course offered for how to properly criticize your wife. 😁
And all of us would still fail the test!!!

Taboma

Reaction score
And all of us would still fail the test!!!

Yeah, there's that 😁 I omitted the part where I admit that after 37 years, I've still not discovered the secret of successfully crossing THAT line. The only right answer seems to be, don't say anything. 😂

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score

I’ve learned over the years that I just don’t put her in a situation that might cause confrontation with the boat. She likes to be part of the program and is proud about it, backing a trailer etc. I don’t want any part of it to be stressful.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score

Our wives must be related some how. I typically don’t really ask for much help that I want dome to my standards. Not putting her down just difference in how things should be done. Saves me from getting her upset.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I try just not to ask for help... but when needed I try to be specific up front as to what I need.

Being sick or feeling crappy is not allowed. If I try to spend a sick day in bed, suddenly the room needs vacuuming. LOL

Napping on the couch? LOL, that is immediately met with. "ARE YOU SLEEPING?!?!" That's a hard no.

My wife is super nice, and easy to get along with. But her dad was a hardass and she obviously got some of that.

WYRD

Reaction score
I try just not to ask for help... but when needed I try to be specific up front as to what I need.

Being sick or feeling crappy is not allowed. If I try to spend a sick day in bed, suddenly the room needs vacuuming. LOL

Napping on the couch? LOL, that is immediately met with. "ARE YOU SLEEPING?!?!" That's a hard no.

My wife is super nice, and easy to get along with. But her dad was a hardass and she obviously got some of that.
This is exactly what I got yesterday afternoon. Got home from work feeling a bit tired so stretched out on the couch. Wife must have heard my eyelids slam shut because right as I dozed off I hear the dreaded "ARE YOU REALLY SLEEPING RIGHT NOW? " feeling guilty I get up and ask if she needs any help to which I get a pleasant "no I'm good".

So they don't need any help but damned if you are able to lay down....noted.

Taboma

Reaction score
Our wives must be related some how. I typically don’t really ask for much help that I want dome to my standards. Not putting her down just difference in how things should be done. Saves me from getting her upset.

I agree, I tend to want my boating program to have it's shit together, so I can be rather picky in that regard. 😁
I met my wife over 40 years ago on a kind of blind date through a friend to go water skiing in Mission Bay SD. Since then we've boated continuously. fishing, water skiing, big fishing boat, big houseboats, big sailboats, little fast boats, inflatable boats and jetskis, .
On both the US coasts, Tahiti, BVI and Hawaii, we've done a lot of boating of all types and we're still doing it together.
As coolchange pointed out above, it's about having fun, leave the stress at work.
Even when things appear rather dire, REMAIN CALM, that's where it can become a little, well, tense. :eek: But, we're still in the game.

Got an old best buddy who owns and Captains a commercial fishing boat up in Oregon, that fucker's so intense, his wife will never set foot on his boat and I'll only fish with him after he agrees, it's a fun trip, not a money trip. He's really serious about his fishing program. :oops:

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
One would think after 42 years you'd start to understand their way of thinking, HELL NO!! IF one(us) was standing next to a perfectly flat and acommodating surface to the left, to set what one is working with on, does it make sense to turn to the right and lay it on the floor and in 30 seconds BEND over to pick it up to use it again. That's when the fight broke out!!

havasuhusker

Reaction score

Sadly, I learned just this very thing recently when I asked my wife to help me put on our registration stickers. Long story short, I made the mistake of telling her "this was supposed to be fun!" Next think I knew I had a face full of registration sticker and one pissed off wife.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I agree, I tend to want my boating program to have it's shit together, so I can be rather picky in that regard. 😁
I met my wife over 40 years ago on a kind of blind date through a friend to go water skiing in Mission Bay SD. Since then we've boated continuously. fishing, water skiing, big fishing boat, big houseboats, big sailboats, little fast boats, inflatable boats and jetskis, .
On both the US coasts, Tahiti, BVI and Hawaii, we've done a lot of boating of all types and we're still doing it together.
As coolchange pointed out above, it's about having fun, leave the stress at work.
Even when things appear rather dire, REMAIN CALM, that's where it can become a little, well, tense. :eek: But, we're still in the game.

Got an old best buddy who owns and Captains a commercial fishing boat up in Oregon, that fucker's so intense, his wife will never set foot on his boat and I'll only fish with him after he agrees, it's a fun trip, not a money trip. He's really serious about his fishing program. :oops:
That is the whole point, doing something fun together.
It bothers me immensely when I hear dudes with huge egos yelling, cursing and calling their ladies stupid names at the boat ramps. Worst way ever to "encourage" them.
Caught myself doing it(yelling) a handful of years ago at the Springs docks and it totally made me feel like a bigtime twit, in front of friends no less. Lesson learned, it was unproductive and a mood buster. Never again.

Taboma

Reaction score
It bothers me immensely when I hear dudes with huge egos yelling, cursing and calling their ladies stupid names at the boat ramps. Worst way ever to "encourage" them.
Caught myself doing it(yelling) a handful of years ago at the Springs docks and it totally made me feel like a bigtime twit, in front of friends no less. Lesson learned, it was unproductive and a mood buster. Never again.

That's the key, forget the score cards, lose the ego, keep it fun and if you're sinking, keeping laughing, fuck it, God don't care if you left a fender out AND --- nobody gets out alive anyway. 😂

WYRD

Reaction score
Many years ago my wife I and packed a lunch and went to Silverwood lake in the middle of winter. Brought a bunch of cones and spent the better half of the day practicing as a team to launch and retrieve along with parking the truck and trailer. Set up the cones to simulate other rigs. Really worked well not only for her but me too as we both knew exactly what to expect from each other. We did get a few looks from the bass fishermen that day but well worth the effort

C-2

Reaction score
Slap. "Wake up, you're snoring"

"You snore too". Slap. No I don't .

And after you nod off and they wake you up, don't you feel like a worthless piece of crap, like you let the family down, lol

caribbean20

Reaction score
I’m fine tuning the outdoor deck stereo, just got a new amp. Apparently the speakers can be heard in the master where she was sleeping. Out she goes to the garage and in she comes with the sledgehammer. Little bitty thing can barely carry it let alone swing it, but I got the message.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Me: Intently watching a TV show.
Her: Talks about something from the NextDoor App.
Me: Presses pause on the remote.
Her: Gives me that look.
Me: Baby, I want to be able to hear what you say without being distracted by the TV. ( note, this is the correct way to do this)
Her: Tells me useless stuff. Happily finishes, says OK, go back to your show.
Me: Presses Play on the remote.

It takes a minute to be polite. And I seem like less of an asshole this way.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
15 Minutes ago... I was on the couch. Started to nod off a little. and BAM! "Are you falling asleep!?"

Uh, yeah... thanks for not letting that happen...

I reminded her that when she falls asleep on the couch I turn down the TV and dim the lights....

Happy Smitty

Reaction score
I asked her to vacuum the house once. I never knew that was a big no no.

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
Man I feel sorry for you guys. Mine doesn't care if I nap anytime I want. She is really pretty easy and doesn't get her panties in a wad very often.

Only thing I haven't been able to get her to do, is to only talking during commercials.

Icky

Reaction score
Me: Baby, I want to be able to hear what you say without being distracted by the TV. ( note, this is the correct way to do this)

She knows as soon a have to hit pause I'm annoyed, so she waits for me to hit play again to finish talking🤯

Sherpa

Reaction score
Mine will stand in front of the tv to have a conversation with me all the while I’m trying to look around her to see the tv...

when that doesn’t work I’ll finally say: honey,
You’re a better door than a window... she
Understands that one..

havasuhusker

Reaction score

I do this too, with the exception of telling her I want to hear her w/out being distracted. I'll need to try it but fear she will see through my BS! lol

Ladsm

Reaction score
Farting in bed after your wife just washed the sheets is a sure way to annoy her.