WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

When did you realize you were officially old? My time was yesterday.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
I was in my office and a few of our techs were near it eating lunch and shooting the shit about video games and what not (keep in mind they are not super young but late 20s and I think 30 is the oldest). I said I never play video games but my wife bought me a PS3 to play Blueray on when they came out because I thought we might play a game or two as well as watch movies on it. Well since we have owned it, not once was a video game played on it!

I said I like to watch DVDs once in a while (used it this weekend to show my nephew who was visiting (he is 16) some classics like Weird Science and others. Next thing I know, they are all bashing on me for watching DVDs. hahaha. They said, "who the fuck watches DVDS?" Then they said, "you mean Blueray?, but who the fuck watches Blueray?". I asked what if you want to watch something like the Hangover or The Good the Bad the Ugly? I said, I just go to my collection and put it in the player? They all started laughing again pulling out their phones and showing me how they can pull up any movie in existence for free! I was like, I am not pulling any of that shit up on my phone or tv as I don't want a virus. They just couldn't believe how old I sounded.

Keep in mind I always thought I was decently hip; I was aware some rapper made satanic Nikes! hahaha. I mean, I still wear Vans, and feel sort of relevant in these times with what I know... I guess :( One thing I do know is I am much better shape than any of them and old enough to be their father. I'll be 48 in June btw.

So when did you realized you were not young any longer?

Bear Down

Reaction score
Kinda today...

Did an early morning Workout and as I was doing curls and looking at my technique in the mirror I noticed 2 shinny spots on my head..... I have always had a great head of hair...I still do but not as thick and the culdesacs are being built... it was a little deflating.. I just turned 46 but luckily the body looks like a DNA Pumping Moosheenn....

Last edited:
Reactions: DWC

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
We were hanging in the channel years ago. By that point I was already old, but one of the guys in our crew was just early 30's. We had a nice bar set up. A young lady came over to chat... She says to my friend: "Excuse me, Sir? May we have some of your vodka?"

LOL, he was all like, "hey baby".... and she calls him sir... Bwaahahahahaaa.

Cdog

Reaction score
I use to laugh at the old guys that seem to be stuck in the 50, 60’s & 70’s at the Friday/Saturday night car shows. They seem to be stuck in that time period. I’m pretty sure they saw the 80’s & 90’s the way I see this new generation. Back then it was douche bag yuppies in Japanese cars everywhere and pedo 90 pound Michael Jackson grabbing his crotch while stupid white kids screaming like this asshole is the Beatles.

I'm 44. I try not to pay too much attention to the bullshit my 10 and 13-year-olds are into, Mainly to avoid arguments with my family over it. I now know exactly what those old guys at the car shows were thinking. Just leave me, my cars & my guns alone and go about your faggotry.

Last edited:

Motor Boater

Reaction score
When my son was about 7 he found a cassette tape and asked what it was. I said it’s a tape with music on it. He says like an IPod? I said no, more like a CD. He says, what’s a CD? I grabbed the tape and went to my 07 Lexus which randomly has a cassette player and played the music for him so he could understand LOL.

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
I realized I’m old when I visit tech companies and I’m older than 90% of the employees. When I started the job 19 years ago I was younger than most employees when I visited said tech companies.

I like the old ways. Have you tried playing a PS4 video game? First, you need a PlayStation account (not to mention the long setup time of a new console). Some games (EA Sports one come to mind) need an account with EA. If you play network games you apparently need a PlayStation Plus subscription. Used to be you put game in and boom, you were playing. Now it’s just more time wasting processes to play. The more tech invades my life, the more I long for the 80’s and 90’s. Damn, I’m old. Lol

Reactions: DWC

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
When my son was about 7 he found a cassette tape and asked what it was. I said it’s a tape with music on it. He says like an IPod? I said no, more like a CD. He says, what’s a CD? I grabbed the tape and went to my 07 Lexus which randomly has a cassette player and played the music for him so he could understand LOL.

That’s pretty crazy an ‘07 had a tap player

Taboma

Reaction score
How old I feel depends if it's when I'm charged up all gung-ho before I start weed whacking my grove, or when my ass is dragging a couple of hours after. 😖
When your daughter is freaking out because she's about ready to roll her life clock to 50, it's hard to fool even yourself.

When a beautiful shiny new Tri-Toon you could picture yourself lounging in, looks like far to much clean up work for the reward. 🥴

When you're forced to admit, you will more than likely expire before you new Hyundai warranty will. ☠

Cdog

Reaction score
How old I feel depends if it's when I'm charged up all gung-ho before I start weed whacking my grove, or when my ass is dragging a couple of hours after. 😖
When your daughter is freaking out because she's about ready to roll her life clock to 50, it's hard to fool even yourself.

When a beautiful shiny new Tri-Toon you could picture yourself lounging in, looks like far to much clean up work for the reward. 🥴

When you're forced to admit, you will more than likely expire before you new Hyundai warranty will. ☠

"Hyundai warranty". ???

God damn you really have given up, haven't you? LOL!

Cdog

Reaction score
This took me a few minutes to remember the moment I realized I was getting old.

I was watching Jumangi, the one with the Rock in it. When they found the pilot guy in the movie that had been stuck there since the 90's and he's taking about how fly a chick is and the Cindy Crawford reference. LOL! She's like 50 yrs old LMFAO!
This scene

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
No No, I'm not taking THAT pill, I was only using it as a time reference. 😂 At times I feel kinda old, but I haven't reached "Hyundai Old" yet :eek:
I guess just now. I've been rockin' Hyundais since 04. Prior to that, I was rolling around in a Buick.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
When I start to seriously consider a pontoon I will consider admitting I'm almost old.
Between the ears I'm still 30something, the creaky knees and crooked arthritic fingers are just the outside appearance. 😁😂

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
When I was 28...

I went to go wash my back, and I all of a sudden couldn't reach the spots I used to! I'll never forget that moment.

Then when my son was in Boy Scouts, and I wanted to go hiking with him. I tried to hike up Garcia Trail, and got about 100 yards. That one REALLY hit hard. The good new is, you can fight this shit off if you want to. I ended up hiking Half Dome, twice, and spending weeks in the Yosemite back country hiking.

You're only old when you give up. Like buying a Hyundai and shit...

😁

samsah33

Reaction score
Was in my late 30's when I walked into my garage wearing black socks and sandals and stared at an oil spot on the floor wondering what I was going to use to clean it... Was right then and there that I realized I had become my dad...

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Was in my late 30's when I walked into my garage wearing black socks and sandals and stared at an oil spot on the floor wondering what I was going to use to clean it... Was right then and there that I realized I had become my dad...
Lol, white socks would've been 100x more stylish😉. But yeah, who wears sandals?😂😂
To be frank, I, I mean my wife, left behind my dress shoes when we switched hotels for a meeting we were attending and all I had left were black socks and luckily very dark brown sandals to wear with my suit. My pants hung down enough to not make them obvious but damn was I ever self-conscious about it all night.😎🤘😂😂

Last edited:

Socalx09

Reaction score
Haha when I read the thread about a member needing a captain for his sister and her friends and not one of you guys jumped on that! Just kidding! 🤣🤣🤣

I started to realize It when I’d rather wake up early in the morning and head to the river, then do a late night run. My eyes just suck at night and the headlights bother me a lot. It’s a struggle the last 1.5 hours at night.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Went to a car meet and all the kids were amazed by my car. They were all talking about how someday they hope that there car is built that way. I walk around and talk to them about there cars and there all hacked up with free mods and cheap pep boys shit.

I stepped back and told my wife....remember when i was 21 and i was doing everything cheap/janky to my camaro and was in awe of the guys that had HRE's on there cars or a heads and cam package? I'm now the old guy...haha

Injuring my shoulder or knee while sleeping or taking a shit is also a pretty big indication...lol

RVRKID

Reaction score
Hell I guess I’m good according to my son🤣🤣. My ex’s Mom sent me this this morning:
I thought you might like to hear what Seth had to say to his teacher about you. She was saying it was her birthday but you didn't really want to talk about because of her age. Seth chimes in with no don't worry dad's almost 50 and he's very athletic so you're good. LOL

Your ad here

Reaction score
I was born in 89. I'm feeling old as a lot of people I watched on the discovery shows as a young teenager look like my grandparents or are no longer alive and it seemed they were only 10 years older at that time as I am now. I know at 31 I'm still young but am still behind on the times. Guy I work with paid for red bulls by tapping his phone on the CC machine. I was thinking that's nuts and spending could get out of hand. He's 36.
Couple weeks ago I rode my dirt bike to the bank to deposit checks, in the drive thru. It took awhile as the bank was busy. I didnt mind. Teller chick said I should go to the ATM next time and scan the checks or whatever. Told her that's to advanced for me. She pretty much indirectly told me to figure it out so I don't have to inconvenience her. What a Bitch.

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
The first time I started thinking what I needed to do to make sure my kid had a roof and food...I realized I grew up a bit.

The first time a neighbor kid asked me to wrld something he broke on his S10...realized I became the car guy down the street.

First time I drove a tuned up Infinity Q50...about 450hp...I realized time has flown by.

Also, about a month ago...I bought a Prius to save on gas. Usually had V8 cars, and always rwd. Maybe I'm just getting cheap.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I was born in 89. I'm feeling old as a lot of people I watched on the discovery shows as a young teenager look like my grandparents or are no longer alive and it seemed they were only 10 years older at that time as I am now. I know at 31 I'm still young but am still behind on the times. Guy I work with paid for red bulls by tapping his phone on the CC machine. I was thinking that's nuts and spending could get out of hand. He's 36.
Couple weeks ago I rode my dirt bike to the bank to deposit checks, in the drive thru. It took awhile as the bank was busy. I didnt mind. Teller chick said I should go to the ATM next time and scan the checks or whatever. Told her that's to advanced for me. She pretty much indirectly told me to figure it out so I don't have to inconvenience her. What a Bitch.

Yup, she's a bitch. It's common at banks. We all have to realize banks DON'T WANT US - THEY WANT OUR MONEY. And unless the customer has a LOT OF MONEY they don't really care about our money either.

The days of banks caring about the average customer and being kind and helpful to them are gone. If you want a bit better service a Credit Union is the place to bank. They're way smaller and they appreciate your money (want it)

EmpirE231

Reaction score
Last year in September I started having a little annoying pain in my butt cheek, which quickly turned into full blown sciatica... leg locked up... crazy pain levels.... I did my typical "it'll get better in a few days / weeks" approach... and now 7 months later I'm still walking with a limp lol wtf!! That is when I officially tagged myself as old. 38yrs.

I now catch myself staring people down who drive faster than 30MPH on my street... yep I'm old.

OLDRAAT

inadequate member
Reaction score
Besides the general declining the body, I still do not consider myself old (66) and do stay generally in touch with today's technology. Learned to slow down and live "one day at a time" after retiring, but am a fanatic about staying physically 🙄 and mentally fit. Both for myself and to support Mrs. OR with her health issues.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
I'm only 65 so I have a long way to go before I'm old.

Of course there was that time that daughter and I went to Denny's and they gave me the senior discount without asking how old I was.🤔

TrollerDave

Reaction score
How do I know I’m old? Let me count the ways! It’s a long list.
I’ve always been one of the youngest on the crew or in the shop. When I got transferred, There is a guy in the shop that is 25. I thought, I’m old enough to be his dad.
Also, I use to make fun of 2 of the guys during the safety meetings. One would hold the paper way out, and the other would hold it real close. I thought it was funny. Now, I have to carry my glasses to read or work on something small and up close.
Someone brought up video games. I tried to play Halo with my son on his xbox. 4 buttons, 4 triggers, 2 joy sticks, and all I could think about is how great Atari was, 1 joystick, 1 button. Simple.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
How do I know I’m old? Let me count the ways! It’s a long list.
I’ve always been one of the youngest on the crew or in the shop. When I got transferred, There is a guy in the shop that is 25. I thought, I’m old enough to be his dad.
Also, I use to make fun of 2 of the guys during the safety meetings. One would hold the paper way out, and the other would hold it real close. I thought it was funny. Now, I have to carry my glasses to read or work on something small and up close.
Someone brought up video games. I tried to play Halo with my son on his xbox. 4 buttons, 4 triggers, 2 joy sticks, and all I could think about is how great Atari was, 1 joystick, 1 button. Simple.
I’m still working on mastering Pong.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score

You are a little younger than me, but I just can't get on the Apple Pay bandwagon. I do my check deposits via app mostly though. If I need to go to the bank I call the banker and she makes time to meet me (lobby is still closed due to the Chyna virus). Mine was when I had a health problem creep up last year...due In part to some bonehead decisions when I was younger...boom wind up on 4 meds and gain a ton of weight bc of it. Now that they have got dosages correct I've lost 10lbs in a month, but still have a chunk to go... I used to be able to drop weight on a dime...now its easy to gain it and hard to lose it.

I now catch myself staring people down who drive faster than 30MPH on my street... yep I'm old.

I'm in my 30's as well....and it drives me up the damn wall. The kid on our street with the eurotrash mobile is on the verge of getting a brick tossed in the road while he's catching gears in his Mini Cooper that sits so low he uses plywood and 2x4's to get into the cape of his driveway.

guest hs

Reaction score
I will be 50 next month I felt when some of our younger friends call me Dad ugh, not cool!

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Had been in the squad a year, was getting in my bomb truck at the Academy. Three younger Cops , two males one female, were walking up Academy Drive to the classrooms. The female Cops says to the male Cops “how come the Bomb Squad is full of old white guys?”....I was 40....
We aren’t all white , but boy, we have all aged since then, lol

Javajoe

Reaction score
Seeing a pic of the back of my head by the pool and wondering who’s the bald guy.

realizing I hate to drive at night

Last week in Vegas at the golf course my buddy and I got paired up with a father and son. Father asked us if we are father and son too. I’m 54 my bud is 45. WTF??? I told my bud “ I can’t believe he thinks you’re my father” 😂

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Dude. We are the same age and even I know you can stream that shit!!!

I feel old when I have to do some easy manual labor but I need to take it easy and even still I am still sore for a couple days after

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
I realized I was old when some kid born in 89, a year after I graduated HS, said he was old....