WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Covid vaccine personal info

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
Wife and I got the first Pfizer shot at an old Sears location off Streeter Ave in Riverside.

We probably should've waited until CVS opened to 16+ because it was a clusterfuck.

Arrived about 1027 for a 1030-1100 appointment. We weren't out of there until 1150. We weren't really prepared for it to take almost 2.5 hours round trip.

Oh yeah, so far all good. They use a tiny gauge needle. You don't even feel it. It was probably the easiest shot I've ever received.

that’s where I went. 1:30 appointment. In and out, zero wait. That was 2 months ago though.

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Got my 1st modelo shot at Kaiser. Kind of a cf, looks like it was over booked. 50 people in line, for close to an hour. At one point we didn't move for 15 minutes, but I got it. 5 hours in, no problems so far. Needle did not hurt, I must say, all personnel were great, it just seemed overbooked.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
So it's been a day. Shoulder sore. Now starting to feel a bit achy. Neck and back pain. This was the worst symptom when I had the actual Vid. It could be unrelated. Hard to tell. *See Old Guy thread. LOL.

Wife's symptoms were predicted correctly.

samsah33

Reaction score
Got Johnson & Johnson on Tue 4/6 in right arm (I'm a lefty...) specifically for the fact that it's only one shot. I'm in my 50's and no effects to the shot area. Fell a little sluggish on Wed, but that could just be old age... Went out for dinner and drinks last nite and feel sluggish today, most likely from drinks... No other side effects.

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
Wife and I had a little injection site irritation. Noticed it about 8-10 hours after. I told her it was just the Bill Gates microchip firing up for the first time 😆

E106C1E3-81B8-40D7-8A76-EE753E7CD1B4.jpeg

Both of us had a sore shoulder last night and this morning. Still went to the gym this morning. Soreness is almost gone.

stingray11

Reaction score
I just found out yesterday that I have the antibodies. I guess I've had it and didn't know. I was sick but nothing really out of the normal for my annual cold. Doesn't change a single thing for me, I still won't be getting any shots.
How? The antibodies

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Just got my second moderna 2 minutes ago. Didn’t even feel it. will post anything later tonight or tomorrow. A side note. Walgreens kicks ass in Kingman. I bet I was in the store a total of 4 minutes.

USMC2010

Reaction score
How? The antibodies

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
You can get an antibody test. It's not the same as testing to see if you have covid. Since I tested positive for the antibodies, I have had covid at some point.

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
Wifey gets her second shot on Monday the 12th, I get my second shot on the 27th. We both got the Moderna, arms were a little sore.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Sorry for so many posts in here. Two days in from the shot. Injection site still pretty sore. Yesterday afternoon and last night the achy symptoms persist. Taking Tylenol. Couldn't sleep, every position hurts. Neck and back hurting still this morning. It is just like having Covid but maybe 1/3rd as painful for me. Again, I assume because I had the antibodies in my system from before.

I have some Vicodin saved for tonight. Not looking forward to the second shot so much....

4Waters

Reaction score
Sorry for so many posts in here. Two days in from the shot. Injection site still pretty sore. Yesterday afternoon and last night the achy symptoms persist. Taking Tylenol. Couldn't sleep, every position hurts. Neck and back hurting still this morning. It is just like having Covid but maybe 1/3rd as painful for me. Again, I assume because I had the antibodies in my system from before.

I have some Vicodin saved for tonight. Not looking forward to the second shot so much....
Keep the info coming, sucks you are having a rough time with it though.

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score

I was listening to the radio yesterday and they said people who have had covid have more severe reaction to the shots because their bodies have the antibodies.

gqchris

Reaction score
I had dinner with my buddy last night and he said that he went to the Costco in Garden Grove yesterday and there were a bunch of asians throwing up in the planters up front of the store He thought there was some sort of smoke/chemical issue inside and started to leave. Then one of the employees told him everything was OK just that they had a vaccination clinic going on. WTF?! LOL. He said no thanks and left that hot mess quickly!

Rajobigguy

Reaction score

Curious as to why you got the shot after already having Covid. Since you have the antibodies don't you have a natural immunity?

The Prisoner

Reaction score
Ok. 2nd shot update. Got moderna yesterday. Got lump in arm that I didn’t have with the first. Between 8am and 12 had shivers and was cold. now I feel nothing. So I hope that continues. Temperature was 98.7 twice a couple hours apart.

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
Curious as to why you got the shot after already having Covid. Since you have the antibodies don't you have a natural immunity?
No. Not to all the variants. 2 shots seal the deal and give you immunity.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
What is this “immunity from all variants” that you speak of?

Don’t just read the headline, read what the CDC says in the body copy.

IMG_6581.PNG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TimeBandit

Reaction score
1st shot of Moderna this morning, 2nd scheduled for May 7th.

5 hours later not even a sore arm / injection area.

It won't make me bulletproof, but it will decrease chances of death.

USMC2010

Reaction score

View attachment 990624

This is just part of why I'm definitely not getting the shots now. They are attempting to rewrite how vaccinations, antibodies, and immunity work.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Just wondering how many who have been administered the shots were tested for Anti-bodies before hand?

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score

View attachment 990624

The mRNA vaccine is more generic and creates a broader immunity response. It will not surprise me a bit if an annual booster is necessary down the road.

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
This is just part of why I'm definitely not getting the shots now. They are attempting to rewrite how vaccinations, antibodies, and immunity work.
They are and very effectively. This will be the way most every vaccine is delivered within the next 10 years.

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
2 days later after first modelo. Arm is sore to the touch. Yesterday I was a little tired, found myself making a few dumb mistakes. All,is good nowvexcept for the arm.

Reactions: BTR

badgas

Reaction score
My parents in thier mid 80's both had Covid around Christmas. Mom tested + for antibodies so she won't be getting the vaccine. Dad did not take the antibody test and decided to take the vaccine anyway. Moderna first shot he had a very sore arm and a 99 fever and felt a little tired. 2nd shot two days later had a 101 fever and felt very achy and had chills. He Said it felt much worse than when he had Covid which was basically just like a cold for him.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
My parents in thier mid 80's both had Covid around Christmas. Mom tested + for antibodies so she won't be getting the vaccine. Dad did not take the antibody test and decided to take the vaccine anyway. Moderna first shot he had a very sore arm and a 99 fever and felt a little tired. 2nd shot two days later had a 101 fever and felt very achy and had chills. He Said it felt much worse than when he had Covid which was basically just like a cold for him.

It's interesting they did 1 and 2 (2) days apart. I was under the impression the first shot had to wait at least 14 days before the second.

The Prisoner

Reaction score
Ok. 2nd shot update. Got moderna yesterday. Got lump in arm that I didn’t have with the first. Between 8am and 12 had shivers and was cold. now I feel nothing. So I hope that continues. Temperature was 98.7 twice a couple hours apart.

now the shot made my dingus 8” longer!! :p

Reactions: BTR

Taboma

Reaction score
It's interesting they did 1 and 2 (2) days apart. I was under the impression the first shot had to wait at least 14 days before the second.

Pretty sure it just read like that --- two days after receiving the 2nd shot, etc.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
I had dinner with my buddy last night and he said that he went to the Costco in Garden Grove yesterday and there were a bunch of asians throwing up in the planters up front of the store He thought there was some sort of smoke/chemical issue inside and started to leave. Then one of the employees told him everything was OK just that they had a vaccination clinic going on. WTF?! LOL. He said no thanks and left that hot mess quickly!
Don’t know about the particular vaccinations or recipients in that Costco fiasco. But, I can tell you, for sure, vomiting is contagious. Many years ago I ran a large passenger carrying vessel chartered in the winter months to the LA City School system. We carried grade school kids, many inner city schools, to go offshore whale watching. Great program. Many, if not most of the kids, had never before been on the ocean. But, let one or two kids start puking and you soon had the entire boat puking! Not at all good . . . . Just glad I was the Captain and not one of my poor deckhands. Actually good duty for the deckhands, because a chaperone was required for every six kids. We carried 145 kids. Other than the teachers and a couple of parents, the remainder of the chaperones were volunteer students from SC, UCLA and Cal State LB. These volunteers were always at least 90% + females. The deckhands and myself found it to be very good winter duty. I was in my early 20s and not married. Most days we always found whales, which totally jazzed the kids and thrilled the chaperones. Sorry, no intent to thread Jack a very worthy topic. But, the contagious puking is totally true. It was the deckhands duty to try to get those wonderful college girl chaperones to just ignore the vomit. That stuff was not at all conducive to a pleasurable afternoon for our chaperones. . . . .

Last edited:

rrrr

Reaction score
I've been eligible for the vaccine for two weeks, and did nothing to obtain one. I'm recovering from cervical spine surgery done 3/22, and of course having complications from it.

Yesterday my pain meds refilled, and I drove to the Tom Thumb pharmacy to get them, neck brace and all. Tom Thumb is a Safeway subsidiary. The pharmacist called out to me from behind his station, told me they had one vaccine dose left from that day's delivery, and I was welcome to take it.

Ten minutes later I've been poked and on my way home. Today there's no pain or swelling.

I'm attributing my good fortune to my white privilege and membership in the toxic male patriarchy that has oppressed minorities and women for centuries. I could feel the hate from other shoppers rolling down my back as I strutted out of the store.

Last edited:

The Prisoner

Reaction score
I've been eligible for the vaccine for two weeks, and did nothing to obtain one. I'm recovering from surgical spine surgery done 3/22, and of course having complications from it.

Yesterday my pain meds refilled, and I drove to the Tom Thumb pharmacy to get them, neck brace and all. Tom Thumb is a Safeway subsidiary. The pharmacist called out to me from behind his station, told me they had one vaccine dose left from that day's delivery, and I was welcome to take it.

Ten minutes later I've been poked and on my way home. Today there's no pain or swelling.

I'm attributing my good fortune to my white privilege and membership in the toxic male patriarchy that has oppressed minorities and women for centuries. I could feel the hate from other shoppers rolling down my back as I strutted out of the store.
heard on my radio show from Boston a lot of people do that. They wait til closing at a cvs or the like and they call out for shots because they gotta throw them away.

90 Laveycraft

SBC/Jet..Oh hell ya!
Reaction score
I thank all that have given info on this, either way. Been watching intently as my wife and I would be getting the vaccine and really appreciate the hands on info. Wife of 30 years this August has MS, we both got Covid last August. I broke out in a body rash, lips swollen...went in for allergic reaction, nope positive. Only symptom, other than a metallic taste, just fine. Wife, 5 weeks laid out, every symptom, plus respiratory issues, also metallic taste. Damn near went hospital.

Her doctor told her, 100% get the shots with your partner.

So, Kaiser Permanente Moderna shots yesterday @ 11:00am, side by side. Me, not 1 issue, not even sore arm. Her, took 12 hours and it hit last night...sore arm, swollen injection site, body aches, chills, fever...getting better thru the day but wiped out as we speak.

She does not want #2...can't blame her.

Fact, they have no idea how long acquired antibodies last vs synthetic acquired ones...

Keep em coming ya'll, good info here!

Great site Dave!

USMC2010

Reaction score
For anyone on here that had covid, have you been checked for antibodies after?

4Waters

Reaction score
My dad and stepmother both got J&J Wednesday morning and neither had any side effects

nameisbond

Reaction score
Just got the moderna at 1 pm. It's almost 3 pm and all is well.

90 Laveycraft

SBC/Jet..Oh hell ya!
Reaction score
I thank all that have given info on this, either way. Been watching intently as my wife and I would be getting the vaccine and really appreciate the hands on info. Wife of 30 years this August has MS, we both got Covid last August. I broke out in a body rash, lips swollen...went in for allergic reaction, nope positive. Only symptom, other than a metallic taste, just fine. Wife, 5 weeks laid out, every symptom, plus respiratory issues, also metallic taste. Damn near went hospital.

Her doctor told her, 100% get the shots with your partner.

So, Kaiser Permanente Moderna shots yesterday @ 11:00am, side by side. Me, not 1 issue, not even sore arm. Her, took 12 hours and it hit last night...sore arm, swollen injection site, body aches, chills, fever...getting better thru the day but wiped out as we speak.

She does not want #2...can't blame her.

Fact, they have no idea how long acquired antibodies last vs synthetic acquired ones...

Keep em coming ya'll, good info here!

Great site Dave!
Follow up, 48+ hours later
Again, nothing for me.
Wife, is basically back to normal other than major injection site reaction(swollen/red). Just left urgent care and told very common, prescribed gel for reaction site, 4 times/ day.

Said absolutely take next injection....it will be worse...least he's honest!!

Again, keep it coming folks-all real info is good info.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Thanks for posting everyone.

Waiting to see what happens in the next year with all the guinea pigs err patients getting the experimental vaccinations. Keep us posted

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Major props to North Country Health Care in LHC. Wife and I received our vaccinations there. Extremely professional, clean and polite, arrived at our appointed times, no waiting. Neither of us had any negative reactions to our Moderna vaccinations.

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
Thanks for posting everyone.

Waiting to see what happens in the next year with all the guinea pigs err patients getting the experimental vaccinations. Keep us posted
Same with. Hope you stay safe and don’t get a bad case of the virus. 👍🏼

nameisbond

Reaction score
Arm is a little sore at the injection site. No other side affects.

Malibuvride07

Reaction score
44 year old here. Moderna first shot had nothing. Second shot next morning got symptoms like the flu. Body ache, chills, no fever though. Another 24 hours later feel good but red swollen inject site still. My parents in late 60s and early 70s had no reaction to either dose of Moderna. Both coworkers that got shots at same time I did have about the same reaction I did. One in his 30s other is 54.

Ladsm

Reaction score
I got the J&J shot yesterday morning. I was already a little down from plenty of beers the day before on the lake, I took it easy and didnt feel anything till about 7PM and was really tired so we called it a night. Sleeping felt like I was on cold medicine and was having really anxious dreams. Today I feel ok, skin feels a little sensitive like recovering from the flu but nothing major.