WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lake Havasu Boat Show COVERAGE!

Fastdadtsmith

Reaction score
Thought we saw everything, never saw the RDP booth. No CL's to be found either. Only Budweiser and Michelobe.

• Sad
Reactions: DWC

Happy Smitty

Reaction score
I got déjà vu on the second video, kind of dizzy now too. I like the first one better.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Thought we saw everything, never saw the RDP booth. No CL's to be found either. Only Budweiser and Michelobe.
Out of the million times going to Havasu I never went to Sara park. Is that a bad dust bowl area? We are supposed to go tomorrow. Wish it was where it was.

westair

Reaction score
Out of the million times going to Havasu I never went to Sara park. Is that a bad dust bowl area? We are supposed to go tomorrow. Wish it was where it was.
Sara park is pretty cool and unique area .... you need to see it, don't listen to others

grumpy88

Reaction score
The show was ok at best . Was great just to get out with out a mask ! Bought a couple of rdp tanks . Thanks for the beer dave !

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Ok at best is nice
In and out in 20 minutes.
Thanks for the coors light and white claws dave..
Why is it ok at best for the ones that are still home? You would think with no la boa show that havasu would be THE ticket and one of the best?

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Why is it ok at best for the ones that are still home? You would think with no la boa show that havasu would be THE ticket and one of the best?

Just gonna take a random guess.

Location, location, location.

But other factors to consider in my opinion would be commitments/ deadlines / risk of being cancelled along with manufacturers and dealer inventories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

riverroyal

Reaction score
Ok at best because it sucked. Location sucked. Vendor turn out sucked.
Thats all. $8 to get in, cash and it wasnt worth it.
Pretty simple.
Thanks for the vendors and builders that did show up. Including RDP.

Thats my review. Lol.
Seriuosly saying hello to dave and getting in his ice chest for beer was the best part.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
I asked one of the sales people on the Pavati wakeboard boat how much ? He said this one is $350K ! I asked him twice , he seemed serious ...I think it is a 24ft with a 575hp engine . Have I been asleep for 30-40 years ?

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I asked one of the sales people on the Pavati wakeboard boat how much ? He said this one is $350K ! I asked him twice , he seemed serious ...I think it is a 24ft with a 575hp engine . Have I been asleep for 30-40 years ?
Yep!!! All new wake boats are pushing 200+.
Pretty much all boats are pricey these days.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

I was going to go today but heard it was not that great from the people sitting next to us at dinner last night. Went to the real boat show instead today, paid $20 at Pirates and looked at a bunch of botes go by while I had a couple beers.

WATERDOG

Eliminator Eagle Flying free in the heavens above!
Reaction score
In past years I've seen people saying I bought a boat. And mfg saying how many they sold. Crickets

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score

That’s inline for them. Even a new big optioned G-25 Nautique is knocking the high $200s.

In fairness, the Pavati’s are a LAM deal. They do have some cool features, but several glass boat manufacturers put off better wakes and waves.

DWC

Reaction score
That’s inline for them. Even a new big optioned G-25 Nautique is knocking the high $200s.

In fairness, the Pavati’s are a LAM deal. They do have some cool features, but several glass boat manufacturers put off better wakes and waves.
The Pavatis are definitely eye catching. Checked them out a couple years ago at the LA boat show. Lots of pretty cool features. Out of the water, ugly as hell.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Was worth the drive etc. as it was a great reason to be out and about. Was maybe 20 boats there, was real surprised how small it was as well that Nordic wasn’t there as they seem to always show up big to the shows, but as said was good to get out.

Never have i been into the old Howard/Schiada’s, but i will say i love the MOM Family Cruiser that was parked at the RDP booth.
60750A72-7987-45A5-9152-0848B6B536BD.jpeg

grumpy88

Reaction score
Was worth the drive etc. as it was a great reason to be out and about. Was maybe 20 boats there, was real surprised how small it was as well that Nordic wasn’t there as they seem to always show up big to the shows, but as said was good to get out.

Never have i been into the old Howard/Schiada’s, but i will say i love the MOM Family Cruiser that was parked at the RDP booth.
View attachment 991143
We really liked that boat too !

HCP3

Reaction score

View attachment 991143

$85k still for the MOM?

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
$85k still for the MOM?
I didn’t ask, however I’d assume it’s priced well. Cannot imagine taking an older one and doing a full make over you’d be much less. The Black and white one wasn’t there, but i stopped to talk to Tim one day and he gave me a quick tour, i was absolutely jaw dropping in love when i saw these.

sirbob

Reaction score

View attachment 991143

Cool old school colors inside and out !

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Ok at best because it sucked. Location sucked. Vendor turn out sucked.
Thats all. $8 to get in, cash and it wasnt worth it.
Pretty simple.
Thanks for the vendors and builders that did show up. Including RDP.

Thats my review. Lol.
Seriuosly saying hello to dave and getting in his ice chest for beer was the best part.
You got your $8 worth from Daves ice chest, don't be such a whiner.😁
I agree the show wasn't what the usual premadonna kustom boaters are accustomed to but nevertheless there was a show and a fun few hours of socializing. I even drove the SxS there and didn't dust out the whole place like everyone thought would happen.😂

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
RD,sooner you run & move into the LHC Mayors office the better. Great reading after all these years the positive posts regarding RDP participation @LHC events. Everytime we drive thru the intersection at RDP Headquarters brings back memories of reading the efforts you guys have put in. 👍

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Just found out I was talking to Harlen Orrin Friday when he was showing his 1955 wood Mandella, nice guy, just wish I'd have known, feel a little stupid.:rolleyes:

Dirtbag

Reaction score
Pumped that shockwave eliminator dcb and advantage showed up. really wish nordic and howard and cobra were there as well. Always awesome to talk to the builders about their boats. The other vendors.....I went looking to buy stuff and check out stuff for our new build and was really disappointed. I love Sara Park but the show needs to be at windsor

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Going from no boat show last year to this years show it was ok. The promoters are in a difficult situation and did the best they could I feel. I definitely liked it at the old location where you could go boating and hit the boat show at the same time. Btw Dave the new trailer is bad ass. Game changer for sure. Congrats on that.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
One of our very own members pretty much puts on that show with help from his staff..

There is no doubt they were in a difficult position this year. Boat mfg’s are crazy busy right now, all
Of them are backed up. Then you add in the state didn’t release the restrictions until the 11th hour..

The location was determined by the governors restrictions.. The choice was Sara Park or no boat show, it really is quite that simple. The choice was made to have the show.

I for one was happy we had a normal event!! It was great seeing everyone, and seeing the manufacturers that did show up!!

We have some absolutely awesome content and tours of new boats that we will be releasing this week and next week!

Here’s the perspective from the vendor stand point. I talked to Bling Sauce (Boat Bling) and they told me they sold 50% more product than any show that they had done previously.. I talked to Ridge over at Wolf and he sold two boats. Advantage sold three. I didn’t ask Shockwave, but their display was awesome, as well as DCB. Every single vendor I talked too sold out of pretty much everything.

We were out behind advantage in probably the worst location possible... lol. That said even in the back 40 we absolutely smashed our record for sales at the LHC Boat Show by roughly 42%.. 😳

The vendors were all extremely happy with the show and the amount of people that showed up and purchased goods!

We are dead tired, and are already working fast for our SuperCat Fest displays..

Here’s a pic of ole Ray Lee giving us some of that sexy modeling of the supercat shirts.. 🤪 in the bed of my dually no less..

CF279603-B327-480D-9D86-A026070C0967.jpeg
3E2A86B1-BBDF-4932-B101-B826866222AD.jpeg

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Great work Dave.... and I gotta say we're all digging that new hi tech "flavor saver" mic and can tell you do too

Meaney77

Reaction score
Good interviews! How many takes doe sit usually take you to get it right??!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
RD,sooner you run & move into the LHC Mayors office the better. Great reading after all these years the positive posts regarding RDP participation @LHC events. Everytime we drive thru the intersection at RDP Headquarters brings back memories of reading the efforts you guys have put in. 👍

I got too much dirt on me to run for mayor nowadays.. LOL. I was drinking pretty heavy after the election and made a video that is still making the rounds to this day from my haters..

RD

grumpy88

Reaction score
I got too much dirt on me to run for mayor nowadays.. LOL. I was drinking pretty heavy after the election and made a video that is still making the rounds to this day from my haters..

RD
I dont think that matters . Promise to put in sandy beaches and booze to flow from faucets and you will win in a land slide ! Haha !