WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Masters Week.

DWC

Reaction score
The Masters tournament started today. Pretty excited that the they didn’t move it as Biden wanted. :rolleyes:
Looking forward to seeing DeChambeau try to find new ways to play the course. Hoping Spieth can continue his solid play and make a run. The best part is there will be no kneeling. Let’s see if the WOKE players can keep their shit to themselves.

satellitemike

Reaction score
Anyone know if it available on line, would like to watch in the background if possible?

Reactions: DWC

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
The Masters tournament started today. Pretty excited that the they didn’t move it as Biden wanted. :rolleyes:
Looking forward to seeing DeChambeau try to find new ways to play the course. Hoping Spieth can continue his solid play and make a run. The best part is there will be no kneeling. Let’s see if the WOKE players can keep their shit to themselves.
These next four days are my annual "Take phones off hooks" celebration. It always follows the NCAA tournament and after The Masters I go into a bit of a funk for a week knowing I got nothing for a while till football ramps up. March/ April are HUGE.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Great to see Player and Nicholas teeing off. Hard to believe it's been 35 years since Jacks last Green Jacket :oops:

sirbob

Reaction score
These next four days are my annual "Take phones off hooks" celebration. It always follows the NCAA tournament and after The Masters I go into a bit of a funk for a week knowing I got nothing for a while till football ramps up. March/ April are HUGE.

HAHA - don't forget the Tour de France is early July!

2Driver

Reaction score
How long is that name going to last, I say its the last year

Reactions: TPC

DWC

Reaction score
Hell of a tourney so far. Veteran Rose leading with a rookie chasing him. Good mix of favorites right behind them.

Singleton

Reaction score
Hell of a tourney so far. Veteran Rose leading with a rookie chasing him. Good mix of favorites right behind them.

Was watching the early rounds this morning. Some good scoring opportunities if you plan smart.

Now time for adventure day with the daughter. Whale watching in SD plus dinner with the kid.

DWC

Reaction score
Was watching the early rounds this morning. Some good scoring opportunities if you plan smart.

Now time for adventure day with the daughter. Whale watching in SD plus dinner with the kid.
Way better use of time Very nice

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Damn. Tiger heals fast doesn’t he?? :p
11759421-F23B-403C-B1A8-F076488E14E6.jpeg

nowski

Reaction score
Since we have a break in the action...

I like rooting for the up and coming kids in golf as in Zalatoris at this weeks Masters. I hope he continues his excellent play and just maybe he'll be a recipient of a Green Jacket...

Here is a story of a guy that most probably never even heard of, Robert Landers. Landers who is self taught didn't start playing golf till the ripeful young age of 28. With his perseverance and love of the game his dream would eventually pan out finding himself in the hearts of golf fans everywhere, I compare him to Eddie The Eagle of Golf.

Back in 1995 this cattle farmer from Texas made it onto the Seniors Tour and was one of golfs feel good stories of the year. Although he never won a Senior event that year on many occasions would find himself collecting a share of the purse at the end of the week. Here's a cool video you might enjoy...

Last edited:

DWC

Reaction score
Since we have a break in the action...

I like rooting for the up and coming kids in golf as in Zalatoris at this weeks Masters. I hope he continues his excellent play and just maybe he'll be a recipient of a Green Jacket...

Here is a story of a guy that most probably never even heard of, Robert Landers. Landers who is self taught didn't start playing golf till the ripeful young age of 28. With his perseverance and love of the game his dream would eventually pan out finding himself in the hearts of golf fans everywhere, I compare him to Eddie The Eagle of Golf.

Back in 1995 this cattle farmer from Texas made it onto the Seniors Tour and was one of golfs feel good stories of the year. Although he never won a Senior event that year on many occasions would find himself collecting a share of the purse at the end of the week. Here's a cool video you might enjoy...

The Zalatoris story is the coolest by far. Tied for first this far in is an incredible story. Can’t imagine sleeping on the lead for the Masters as a rookie. Your mind plays some bad tricks on you. His best chance is to fall back a couple shots and play hungry not scared tomorrow.

RodnJen

Reaction score
Should be fun tomorrow. It is still anyone’s to win.

nowski

Reaction score
It's not how you start the tournament but how you finish the tournament that matters. Matsuyama was on fire on the back nine that catapulted him to a 4 shot lead, a lead he'll have to sleep on. Anyone of the top seven players can win, a consistent mistake free round may be all that it takes for the Win...

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
The Z kid couldn't have slept a wink.... but at 24 he don't need it .... I'll be routing for him today!
Would be cool to see a skinny young kid that doesn't fit the body profile of many other pros put on a green jacket. As much as I like seeing great golf shots, seeing an epic collapse is just as entertaining and certainly very humbling.
The mental aspect if this game is something very few non-golfers can even begin to fathom.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Would be cool to see a skinny young kid that doesn't fit the body profile of many other pros put on a green jacket. As much as I like seeing great golf shots, seeing an epic collapse is just as entertaining and certainly very humbling.
The mental aspect if this game is something very few non-golfers can even begin to fathom.

236D0E03-0A90-4FBA-8EE8-34CF28188402.png

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I was thinking he looks more like Danny in Caddy Shack.

ndhdzywqeoyjz6go_1603894212.jpeg

nowski

Reaction score
The kid (Zalatoris) is on fire and just like that he's only 1 shot behind after only two holes....

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
All the rain yesterday softened up the greens. They are all hitting some impressive approach shots.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Is Paige Spiranac on the tube today?

Yes:

Look at her form - good teaching moment: Notice how the shaft lines up with her crotch and cleavage.

GRAB00031jpg-JS604047143.jpg

The Prisoner

Reaction score
Did I hear a FUCK on the missed Spieth putt? :p

nowski

Reaction score
All the rain yesterday softened up the greens. They are all hitting some impressive approach shots.
The greens have since dried up a bit and it's a whole new (faster surface) ball game...

nowski

Reaction score
I’ll be her caddie!
Extra curricular activity happens more than you may think on your local golf course. I use to play Coyote Hills and on the front 9 (killer view) there's a popular tee box that's been used for more than a tee shot over the years so I've heard...

DWC

Reaction score
Matsuyama is having a hell of a day. Gonna be tough to run him down

RodnJen

Reaction score
Matsuyama is having a hell of a day. Gonna be tough to run him down

He looked a little shaky the first few holes but seems to have settled in nicely.

The Prisoner

Reaction score
After all this time I just noticed no clowns shouting Get In the Hole after every shot. Baba Booey must have went out of fashion too. :D

Reactions: TPC

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
After all this time I just noticed no clowns shouting Get In the Hole after every shot.

Only members and players got tickets to use, so no general public. At least that's what they said on the radio on Friday.

DWC

Reaction score
He looked a little shaky the first few holes but seems to have settled in nicely.
Can’t imagine the pressure knowing your entire country is watching. Pretty impressive sleeping on the lead and playing this well. Not over yet,

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Only members and players got tickets to use, so no general public. At least that's what they said on the radio on Friday.
Health care workers and certain vaccinated folks(maybe members?)

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Health care workers and certain vaccinated folks(maybe members?)

Could be, they said each member received 4 tickets and the players 3. Or vice-a-versa, the discussion was about the small gallery and how quiet they had been on Thursday.

The Prisoner

Reaction score
Makes sense. I know of a guy who has been trying for years to get a ticket to go by lottery and went Saturday on a day pass the sales manager at the radio station he works for gave him. I listen to him on a sports station and he was as giddy as a kid on Christmas.

JD D05

Reaction score
No kidding. Holy hell. He’s lucky Schaffleu was blocked by the tree.
gotta admit the Japanese telecast is pretty entertaining

I can't understand it but I like it to. What is he doing put that shit into the bunker and get yore par Hideki

nowski

Reaction score
Looks like this horse race is all but over now with Matsuyama grinding it out for the win...