WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lake Havasu Boat Show COVERAGE!

Your ad here

Reaction score
I didn’t ask, however I’d assume it’s priced well. Cannot imagine taking an older one and doing a full make over you’d be much less. The Black and white one wasn’t there, but i stopped to talk to Tim one day and he gave me a quick tour, i was absolutely jaw dropping in love when i saw these.
If you find a clean platform to start with you can be well under that price and have a really nice boat but not full make over status. The colors are nice on the boat show one. It would be neat if they made one with the same colors but an I/O setup with left side drive and throttle pedal with hidden gear selector.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
If you find a clean platform to start with you can be well under that price and have a really nice boat but not full make over status. The colors are nice on the boat show one. It would be neat if they made one with the same colors but an I/O setup with left side drive and throttle pedal with hidden gear selector.
I’d imagine if you showed up with a box of cash Ricky would see you it your wish is his command

SW_GLASS

Reaction score

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
Did RDP or anyone do a build write up or review for this boat? I didnt know Shockwave was building a 26ft deck boat now. Very curious to see a review of how well it preformed.

They’ve been building a 26 for a long time. They have 2 now with outboards, one twin 400, and John’s w/ the 450s. There’s a review of the 400 boat in the latest powerboat magazine I believe.

IMG_4898.jpg

SW_GLASS

Reaction score
They’ve been building a 26 for a long time. They have 2 now with outboards, one twin 400, and John’s w/ the 450s. There’s a review of the 400 boat in the latest powerboat magazine I believe.

View attachment 991773
I know they have had a 26 Cat for a long time but was more curious when they tooled up a deck version of the top mold or if they just modified their walk thru open bow mold. From the pictures you posted it looks like a new top mold then the original walk thru open bow they have had for a while.

I will look for the article in powerboat magazine. Thanks.

BigMike

Reaction score
I know they have had a 26 Cat for a long time but was more curious when they tooled up a deck version of the top mold or if they just modified their walk thru open bow mold. From the pictures you posted it looks like a new top mold then the original walk thru open bow they have had for a while.

The one in Powerboat Mag is the way the 26’ has always been, just with twin OB’s instead of the traditional I/O setup. John’s with the 450’s, they completely re-tooled the front and some minor modifications throughout the rest from the original walk through open bow. John’s front end resembles the 28 Deck more than the previous 26’ Cats do. Also, the 1st 26 with the 400’s, they wanted more storage, so the original engine hatch design stayed. But John wanted more of an open area, so they reduced the old engine hatch by like 75% and opened up the inside of the boat more.

SW_GLASS

Reaction score
The one in Powerboat Mag is the way the 26’ has always been, just with twin OB’s instead of the traditional I/O setup. John’s with the 450’s, they completely re-tooled the front and some minor modifications throughout the rest from the original walk through open bow. John’s front end resembles the 28 Deck more than the previous 26’ Cats do. Also, the 1st 26 with the 400’s, they wanted more storage, so the original engine hatch design stayed. But John wanted more of an open area, so they reduced the old engine hatch by like 75% and opened up the inside of the boat more.
Ya John's boat with the 450's is awesome. Looks like they made alot of changes to the mold to add the front deck portion as well as the side walk past the engine hatch and the integrated swim step. The original 26 Cat mold never had any of those features.

Tank

Reaction score

You guys keep saying Powerboat Mag...I take it you mean Speedboat? RIP Powerboat. :(

Tank

Reaction score
Ya know I didn’t even think to look..

Nice trailer! Those tilts are spendy.

Oh, and by the way, I'm pretty sure the first true hull tech was in that white 44 DCB with inboards no? The outboard craze took over but that is a nice boat and performed well from what I heard.

hallett21

Reaction score
Would LHC PD give you a hard time towing in town flat? Or do you need to tilt every time you go to get fuel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Would LHC PD give you a hard time towing in town flat? Or do you need to tilt every time you go to get fuel?

In Havasu they tow flat, my neighbors the Magoo's and the Smiths just tilt them to put them back in their garages. Actually the Magoos boats (35 and 44 Bananas DCB's) dont fit in their garage so they are building a second house on the lot next door with two massive RV garages to hold the boats, and they are connecting the two homes with a courtyard. River Dave should do a home interview with them, its likely the most bad ass boating house / garage in town.

Tank

Reaction score
In Havasu they tow flat, my neighbors the Magoo's and the Smiths just tilt them to put them back in their garages. Actually the Magoos boats (35 and 44 Bananas DCB's) dont fit in their garage so they are building a second house on the lot next door with two massive RV garages to hold the boats, and they are connecting the two homes with a courtyard. River Dave should do a home interview with them, its likely the most bad ass boating house / garage in town.
Slap a pool in the middle and that sounds pretty much like my dream house. There's one similar to that set up for sale right now over by Donkey Acres. Guest house and main house seperated by a pool. Both houses have car garages and then there's a huge double RV detached garage. Sick.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Oh, and by the way, I'm pretty sure the first true hull tech was in that white 44 DCB with inboards no? The outboard craze took over but that is a nice boat and performed well from what I heard.

not sure I’m understanding what you are saying here.. the first true tunnel is the M37

McKay

Reaction score

The 3 or 4 44’s built have center pods. Same bottom as a 41 I believe.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I actually already asked him to do that.. He was down, Buffy was not.

Tank

Reaction score
not sure I’m understanding what you are saying here.. the first true tunnel is the M37
I was mistaken. I thought the white 44 with the big bustle was a true tunnel boat. My bad. I could've sworn they built a non pod boat before.

hallett21

Reaction score
I was mistaken. I thought the white 44 with the big bustle was a true tunnel boat. My bad. I could've sworn they built a non pod boat before.

They talked about it initially on the 41 but nothing ever came of it.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

it was a pod boat..

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Plenty of boat tours coming up!! Will likely be later in the week or next week as we are already working towards supercat

Dirtbag

Reaction score
John and Bob took Johns 26 with 450s out after the boat show to test some new props from Merc. Havent asked what they ran yet but Bob has already seen 115 in the boat

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
So those outboards can lay basically sideways with no issues?

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I actually already asked him to do that.. He was down, Buffy was not.
I am not sure how he is doing it, but there have been workers there daily for months, one day there was 15 trucks. He has to have them on some sort of performance or deadline bonus, Buffy said they are trying very hard to get it done for DS.

Singleton

Reaction score
I am not sure how he is doing it, but there have been workers there daily for months, one day there was 15 trucks. He has to have them on some sort of performance or deadline bonus, Buffy said they are trying very hard to get it done for DS.

Most likely paying for crews from another location and paying for the logging. Plenty of out of state construction trucks at the Holiday Inn and Hilton last time I was in town.

HCP3

Reaction score
Hopefully the LHC boat show coverage doesn't get lost in the east coast baller boat coverage 😋.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Hopefully the LHC boat show coverage doesn't get lost in the east coast baller boat coverage 😋.

I have more videos to link here.. jist trying to prep for DS tomorrow.. 😳

Duramax

Reaction score
Great pics Dave. Absolutely amazing hardware.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Why Hot Sauce & "Boat Bling" has changed their branding across the board to "Bling Sauce"