WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Kristen Smart

Joker

Reaction score
So glad they finally arrested Paul Flores for this horrendous crime. I truly believe the podcast “ in your own backyard “ helped keep this case going. I can’t imagine being her parents and watching this guy slither away all these years.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Was just texting my Sister. Choppers were flying over head earlier at her house and She said the news crews were asking her questions. I wish I knew more about it when I was fixing up her house before She moved in. I talked to his Mom for a while and sure I could of got more info out of her. She mentioned She helped buy him the house or bought it for him been a few years I don't remember all the conversation. Recall Her telling me she lived up north. My Sister heard about it a few years after moving in. I recognized him and the truck in front right away from pics earlier on FB. Few Girls I know from high school posted on the FB news thread. Waiting to here what they knew about it. Few months ago the Choppers were flying over his house as well. And on 4th of July there were a ton of cops out front. He apparently pulled a gun on the guys across the street as they were lighting of some huge mortars over his house while I was there.

westair

Reaction score
From what I remember from the podcast this guy seemed guilty from the very beginning ...... too bad it took so long but at least they got him now

Lumpy

Reaction score
I live here in Arroyo Grande and have been watching this since it started. I know the sheriff personally and few of the other players. Frankly I'm surprised
they finally got them. Ive' been driving by both parents houses in my daily travels for decades. As of yesterday afternoon the sheriffs department was jackhammering
up Ruben Flores's (Paul Flores's Father) garage floor. Not only has Paul been charged with murder...Ruban has been charged with accessory to murder as
well. Love the thought of these two scum bags sitting in the SLO County Jail. Hopefully they give up Kristen's where about so the family can get some closure.

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
Funny thing, I’ve listened to the podcast and always get excited when I hear updates on the news.... this guy is definitely guilty and I’m sure her remains are under the concrete planter at the house they have spoke about. Hope they have enough to convict this guy.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Never listened to a podcast before. Going to have to listen now to here the details. I just recall my Sister calling me telling me that the guy with the truck blocking the sidewalk was a main suspect in a missing girl case years ago. It then clicked it was his Mom that I had talked to. I was thinking a young girl 2-4 as that was my Nieces ages at the time. This guy always seemed off. I saw him many times when I was working on her house. It was a year or so after I completed all the work she found out and told me.

Boat 405

Reaction score
I attended Cal Poly the fall after this happened. It was in the news spotlight for a long time. Flyers all over campus for years. Last I understood was the neighbor had seen them digging a hole in their back yard in the middle of the night, dumped a rolled up carpet in the hole and filled it with concrete. All in the middle of the night... That was years ago when that information came out, but basically the campus police botched the investigation early because they didn't want to report it because they didn't want the spotlight on the school and that would be bad for the schools publicity. So the the chain of custody on that information was broken and couldn't be used in the case. It should have been an open and shut case.

I hope they finally find her and put her family at rest and lay her to a final resting place.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
This guy is neighbors with a guy I worked with a few years ago. Crazy.

Joker

Reaction score
Funny thing, I’ve listened to the podcast and always get excited when I hear updates on the news.... this guy is definitely guilty and I’m sure her remains are under the concrete planter at the house they have spoke about. Hope they have enough to convict this guy.
From what i gathered on the podcast, the planter was built the same time she disappeared. Could never figure out why they couldn’t excavate the areas in question years ago when they were permitted on the property

Boat 405

Reaction score
Whats even more crazy is that this guy is buddies with Scott Peterson who killed Lacey Peterson and unborn child..... Can't make this stuff up....

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
So they basically knew where she is for the last 25 years but they screwed upThe case and that information wasn’t allowed in to evidence?

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I attended Cal Poly the fall after this happened. It was in the news spotlight for a long time. Flyers all over campus for years. Last I understood was the neighbor had seen them digging a hole in their back yard in the middle of the night, dumped a rolled up carpet in the hole and filled it with concrete. All in the middle of the night... That was years ago when that information came out, but basically the campus police botched the investigation early because they didn't want to report it because they didn't want the spotlight on the school and that would be bad for the schools publicity. So the the chain of custody on that information was broken and couldn't be used in the case. It should have been an open and shut case.

I hope they finally find her and put her family at rest and lay her to a final resting place.
Exhibt A why College PD’s need to be consolidated into the City or County SO’s the school is based in. This happens time after time:
Incompetent College PD that is guided by School governing boards, not City Councils.
Good reminder to check crime stats where kids choose to go to College, a lot of the campus crime goes unreported.

Boat 405

Reaction score
So they basically knew where she is for the last 25 years but they screwed upThe case and that information wasn’t allowed in to evidence?
Basically yes because Campus police fucked up

Boat 405

Reaction score
From what i gathered on the podcast, the planter was built the same time she disappeared. Could never figure out why they couldn’t excavate the areas in question years ago when they were permitted on the property
Yup, chain of custody on the evidence made it non admissable

Minimatt

Reaction score
My wife was a 4th year architecture student at Cal Poly when this happened. Ms. Smart was first year architecture. Being Central Coast natives, and having been on Cal Poly for the previous 4 years, we knew/know many people connected with this case. We were out of town the weekend this happened, but knew something was up quite soon when we got back to town from the campus chit chat. Mike Kennedy was the head of the campus police at the time. After my wife graduated, we got to know Mr. Kennedy through completely unrelated business interactions. I would describe him as an affable gentleman. While the campus PD could and should have done some things differently, there is blame to be spread around to several others, including the SLO County Sheriff at the time and his office with regard to missteps early on in the investigation. The podcast gets into some (but not all) of this in detail.
The good news is that the current Sheriff, Ian Parkinson, and the current DA, Dan Dow are both consummate professionals. I have no doubt they waited to make the arrests until they were certain they had a rock-solid case to all but assure they will get convictions.

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
It’s a sad story and see activity after all these years is amazing. Maybe some closure for the family.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I live here in Arroyo Grande and have been watching this since it started. I know the sheriff personally and few of the other players. Frankly I'm surprised
they finally got them. Ive' been driving by both parents houses in my daily travels for decades. As of yesterday afternoon the sheriffs department was jackhammering
up Ruben Flores's (Paul Flores's Father) garage floor. Not only has Paul been charged with murder...Ruban has been charged with accessory to murder as
well. Love the thought of these two scum bags sitting in the SLO County Jail. Hopefully they give up Kristen's where about so the family can get some closure.
As a former resident of SLO county, I highly admired Parkinson's work. I thought he did a fantastic job of balancing the desires and wishes of the 2 VERY different mentalities of the county (super liberal SLO, and some 5 cities to the very conservative north county).

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Hats off to the SO and others who kept this case in the forefront , Have always theorized that Flores was the doer (circumstances alone) and her remains will be eventually found , as SLO locals we (family) have followed this closely . I believe PF like a huge multitude of old local families likely had access to some of the vast central coast farm and ranch lands and undeveloped properties , Sincerley hope they (LEO) can bring closure to this tormented family

NicPaus

Reaction score
My Lady sent me the screen shot from Southbay scanner 20 minutes ago. His house been sitting empty. With his 2 piece of shit cars on the lawn. Surprised nobody has called code enforcement. If I was family with her I would be looking for revenge in any way possible. Call them every week and have him cited. Code enforcement has the power to lien the property. Pretty sure Andrew is the inspector.