WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Third shot anyone?

sintax

Reaction score
They’re now saying “yearly corona booster”

Backlash

Reaction score
Now that the shot callers and vaccine manufacturers have seen how much money can be made off of the world's population during a time of extreme fear, I expect them to continue to fuel the propaganda machine to prevent their cash cow from drying up. Just wait , watch and see.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
There will be an unlimited number of booster shots moving forward...

IMG_6620.PNG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
How is this virus different from the regular flu that we’re supposed to get a shot every year?

This flu is more deadly, I do believe that. The difference is the shots they want administered are experimental and you don't get to function in society if you don't take them.

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
Informed consent. A beautiful thing.
Anyone venture a guess as to how long it will take to achieve (personal) certainty of (herd) immunity? I mean, I know its going to be a personal choice for each, ....just want to hear the opinions on what would motivate acceptance, if at all.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Informed consent. A beautiful thing.
Anyone venture a guess as to how long it will take to achieve (personal) certainty of (herd) immunity? I mean, I know its going to be a personal choice for each, ....just want to hear the opinions on what would motivate acceptance, if at all.

If people don't get shots/vaccines (define them how you wish) there will never be herd immunity.

Reactions: Rye

Rye

Reaction score
Received 2nd Moderna shot a couple hours ago. Did get a text from Act Blue a little while afterward thanking me for getting vaccinated and a link to make a donation.

I’m kidding about the text. 😀

wzuber

Reaction score
If people don't get shots/vaccines (define them how you wish) there will never be herd immunity.
how will this "vaccine" create herd immunity when it doesn't actually prevent anyone from catching the virus?

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
how will this "vaccine" create herd immunity when it doesn't actually prevent anyone from catching the virus?

By dramatically shortening the or even closing the window of transmissibility to others.

Last edited:

wzuber

Reaction score
By dramatically shortening the or even closing the window of transmissibility to others.
how will it accomplish either of those? It's claim to fame is it "lessens the severity". If it doesn't stop people from getting the virus people will still get he virus, right? If peeps still get the virus peeps will still transmit the virus right? If they still transmit the virus it will still spread, right? if it can still spread people will still get sick and die, right? so why FORCE the healthy people in society to take an unknown, un-verified poison aka "anti-viral"? Especially if it will still allow you to catch and transmit the very virus your trying to fight? Where is the sense in that?

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
how will it accomplish either of those? It's claim to fame is it "lessens the severity". If it doesn't stop people from getting the virus people will still get he virus, right? If peeps still get the virus peeps will still transmit the virus right? If they still transmit the virus it will still spread, right? if it can still spread people will still get sick and die, right? so why FORCE the healthy people in society to take an unknown, un-verified poison aka "anti-viral"? Especially if it will still allow you to catch and transmit the very virus your trying to fight? Where is the sense in that?

If my body completely kills the virus in 2 days because it mounts an immediate and effective attack, the window of transmissibility is short or possible none at all.

If someone else gets it and takes 2 weeks to defeat it, they can transmit it for a far longer amount of time.

More and longer exposure = more infections.

I've never supported mandatory vaccination.

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
Uncle Dave be like a used car salesman in this thread.

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
If my body completely kills the virus in 2 days because it mounts an immediate and effective attack, the window of transmissibility is short or possible none at all.

If someone else gets it and takes 2 weeks to defeat it, they can transmit it for a far longer amount of time.

I get the feeling your definition of herd immunity and the one 99% of the virologists on the planet use are a little... different.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
I get the feeling your definition of herd immunity and the one 99% of the virologists on the planet use are a little... different.

If you can reduce or eliminate period you are contagious the R0 (R-naught) value shrinks and the disease collapses.

Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 7.24.37 AM.png

Attachments

• Unknown.png
    Unknown.png
    4.6 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
There are 5 basic type of vaccines many requiring booster shots, and not all them stop you from getting a disease or transmitting it.

The measles and its vaccine (MMR- measles mumps rubella) is a good example of this.

Last edited:

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
If you can reduce or eliminate period you are contagious the R0 (R-naught) value shrinks and the disease collapses.

View attachment 993956
Herd immunity is the collapse of a virus by everyone getting the virus and fighting it off, therefore becoming “immune”. Yes, there is a mortality factor. Getting a vaccine that slows the spread, not kill the virus, is the opposite of herd immunity. You are simply prolonging the inevitable and prolonging or possibly reversing herd immunity while keeping it active/live.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Herd immunity is the collapse of a virus by everyone getting the virus and fighting it off, therefore becoming “immune”. Yes, there is a mortality factor. Getting a vaccine that slows the spread, not kill the virus, is the opposite of herd immunity. You are simply prolonging the inevitable and prolonging or possibly reversing herd immunity while keeping it active/live.

The vaccinated, or recovered person breaks the transmission chain.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Anyone remember the 2019 Measles outbreak and 204-15 outbreak at Disneyland?

This discusses R factor as it related to this conversation.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
All of this discussion and limitless damage over a <1.0% mortality rate (even with the grossly misappropriated cause)...with an average age of death equal to the average lifespan in this country ( even with the padded numbers)
Those are the harsh realities.
Just incredible.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
All of this discussion and limitless damage over a <1.0% mortality rate (even with the grossly misappropriated cause)...with an average age of death equal to the average lifespan in this country ( even with the padded numbers)
Those are the harsh realities.
Just incredible.

Polio had fewer victims than covid.

Did you get a polio vaccine?

RCDave

Reaction score
COVID-19 Vaccine OCD is a concerning affliction .....

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Polio had fewer victims than covid.

Did you get a polio vaccine?

In 1955 the us population was exactly half of today.

And I don’t think one can honestly make a direct comparison between polio and a flu virus.
See, now I will be accused of minimizing or actually denying the covid virus, which is false.
The reason it looks that way is the over dramatization of covid.

I did not post bad facts. They are accurate.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
In 1955 the us population was exactly half of today.

And I don’t think one can honestly make a direct comparison between polio and a flu virus.
See, now I will be accused of minimizing or actually denying the covid virus, which is false.
The reason it looks that way is the over dramatization of covid.

I did not post bad facts. They are accurate.

Did you or did you not vaccinate yourself against polio? If you have kids did you vaccinate them against it?

One can absolutely make comparisons in infection rate as a % of the population, morbidity, asymptotic transmission, period of contagion the need for a booster, both required assisted breathing in serious cases leading to a need for external hardware (the ventilator is simply a modern version of an iron lung)

The morbidity rate is only one measure to be weighed.

Hospitiliazation, stays requiring intensive care, long term complication are are part of a holistic number.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Did you or did you not vaccinate yourself against polio? If you have kids did you vaccinate them against it?

One can absolutely make comparisons in infection rate as a % of the population, morbidity, asymptotic transmission, period of contagion the need for a booster .........

The morbidity rate is only one measure to be weighed.

Hospitiliazation, stays requiring intensive care, long term complication are in that number.

My parents did it to me.
I did it to my kids.
I do not do vaccines as an adult.
I’m not afraid of covid, and it isn’t up to me to cater to those who are afraid.
If I was at risk (which I’m close to at age 59) I would take precautions. If I had special needs family or dependents I would consider my options.
If I make contact or socialize with someone at risk or their family I will do whatever they want me to do in consideration of their concerns.
If I get cancer or other ailments I will do what is required for coverage to remain active.
I will not entertain council from a herd of sheep,’however.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
My parents did it to me.
I did it to my kids.
I do not do vaccines as an adult.
I’m not afraid of covid, and it isn’t up to me to cater to those who are afraid.
If I was at risk (which I’m close to at age 59) I would take precautions. If I had special needs family or dependents I would consider my options.
If I make contact or socialize with someone at risk or their family I will do whatever they want me to do in consideration of their concerns.
If I get cancer or other ailments I will do what is required for coverage to remain active.
I will not entertain council from a herd of sheep,’however.

Like you I make my own decisions.

Some of the question that have been asked are very easily looked up but often people selectively chose what is or isnt important to them criticizing the source in one mail while using it to support a position in others.

This particular place is anti vax, and thats ok I understand the why, and in this case I happened to make a decision to based on certain factors that may not apply to others.
I've continuously supported choice and never varied from that.

Every side is a "flock of sheep".

Interesting debate is what I participate for not the changing of minds.
This place descends into name calling and memes when you dont agree with this particular flock, its not a good place to discuss much if you happen to disagree.

Last edited:

RCDave

Reaction score
Polio is a substantially more serious affliction....

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Like you I make my own decisions.

Some of the question that have been asked are very easily looked up but often people selectively chose what is or isnt important to them criticizing the source in one mail while using it to support a position in others.

This particular place is anti vax, and thats ok I understand the why, and in this case I happened to make a decision to based on certain factors that may not apply to others.
I've continuously supported choice and never varied from that.

Every side is a "flock of sheep".

Interesting debate is what I participate for not the changing of minds.
This place descends into name calling and memes when you dont agree with this particular flock, its not a good place to discuss much if you happen to disagree.

Not if your one of the good guys!
Which you, in fact, are. Lol

But your dealing with the subject from a different perspective than someone like me.
I don’t have employees i have to provide coverage to. I don’t really have to make the hard decisions that you do.
I have the liberty to run my mouth while bored!

But I know that right now my mom is in the hospital and I can’t visit her. I’m working now and starting to get other offers, but I was down for a full year in part because of covid reaction and I supported that for the first couple months until it was clear that knee jerk politics was the course, at the expense of a FAR greater number of people than Covid affected.
I watched people get banned from hospitals while loved ones died alone. I watched people get assigned covid death when killed in a car wreck. I watched members right here on this site be ruined by lockdown while the high rulers did as they like without following any rules. I’ve watched citizens get tazed and handcuffed for refusing to virtue signaling via useless face rags. I watched Walmart set the standard for what constitutes an acceptable face covering.
I watched schools get shut down and teen suicide increase, while kids in person social skills (that we complain about endlessly) completely vanished.

So I’m not of the opinion that anything the gov says concerning covid is in my best interest...at all.
They wanted it politicized, fine, I’m the bad guy.
I don’t see piles of bodies anywhere except from the gangsters killing each other in gun controlled cities.

My argument is not with you, you have choices to make that I do not.
My argument is with the ones forcing these limited choices.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Not if your one of the good guys!
Which you, in fact, are. Lol

But your dealing with the subject from a different perspective than someone like me.
I don’t have employees i have to provide coverage to. I don’t really have to make the hard decisions that you do.
I have the liberty to run my mouth while bored!

But I know that right now my mom is in the hospital and I can’t visit her. I’m working now and starting to get other offers, but I was down for a full year in part because of covid reaction and I supported that for the first couple months until it was clear that knee jerk politics was the course, at the expense of a FAR greater number of people than Covid affected.
I watched people get banned from hospitals while loved ones died alone. I watched people get assigned covid death when killed in a car wreck. I watched members right here on this site be ruined by lockdown while the high rulers did as they like without following any rules. I’ve watched citizens get tazed and handcuffed for refusing to virtue signaling via useless face rags. I watched Walmart set the standard for what constitutes an acceptable face covering.
I watched schools get shut down and teen suicide increase, while kids in person social skills (that we complain about endlessly) completely vanished.

So I’m not of the opinion that anything the gov says concerning covid is in my best interest...at all.
They wanted it politicized, fine, I’m the bad guy.
I don’t see piles of bodies anywhere except from the gangsters killing each other in gun controlled cities.

My argument is not with you, you have choices to make that I do not.
My argument is with the ones forcing these limited choices.

I do not believe we handled this correctly on a bunch of different levels and share you dislike of government dictation. I think we agree on most of these points.

Sorry about your mom, that really sucks man.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score

If that was the case they would have specifically prioritized dosage to deny those who have already had Covid, including through soft measures like public awareness, telling people that have already had it to not rush for the vaccine.

Those who have had the disease absolutely have antibody defense for several months at a minimum, but more likely for decades as Humans have for almost all other viral disease they beat.

I wonder why they didn't do that.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
If that was the case they would have specifically prioritized dosage to deny those who have already had Covid, including through soft measures like public awareness, telling people that have already had it to not rush for the vaccine.

Those who have had the disease absolutely have antibody defense for several months at a minimum, but more likely for decades as Humans have for almost all other viral disease they beat.

I wonder why they didn't do that.

When I got the vaccine I was asked if I had tested positive for it or had it or symptoms of it. If I answered yes I would be denied ( at least at that time)