WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Yay thieves!

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
Yeah they stole my 04 twice the same way in front of my work. Brave fuckers they left it in a park in La Puente. I’m sure they were waiting to see if I had LoJack. Well I did and the lock and ignition were fucked up. What deterred them from actually stealing it?

I think they pushed the lock in and it went all the way forward and they couldn’t grab the rod. Or they got scared? I dunno. I got lucky.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Someone on a Facebook group mentioned intercepting the starter wire deep in the harness and running it through a monetary switch to complete the circuit. It could be a separate button or even like a turn signal or high beams having to hold it down for the starter circuit to complete. Kinda sounded like a good idea. I’ve had and installed a viper alarm and they’re all the same. A normally closed relay on the starter all you have to do is find and pull fuses to defeat. Lame.

Dude, how long ago was that?? LoL

They are a bit more sophisticated than that these days. Besides...

It's the shock sensor trigger for the alarm is what you want anyway. Once they punch out a lock or break a window, the alarm is going off. No one is sticking around after that.

On some recent installs, we put a siren Inside the cab. A really high pitched, high decibel one. Good luck trying to find a module or really with all that noise going on!

You can wire a starter kill relay any way you prefer. No reason to have it wired the way you had it.

On your intercept idea, I've seen people use the cigarette lighter to complete the circuit. Simple but very effective. 👍

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Someone on a Facebook group mentioned intercepting the starter wire deep in the harness and running it through a monetary switch to complete the circuit. It could be a separate button or even like a turn signal or high beams having to hold it down for the starter circuit to complete. Kinda sounded like a good idea. I’ve had and installed a viper alarm and they’re all the same. A normally closed relay on the starter all you have to do is find and pull fuses to defeat. Lame.

They towed my truck outta my driveway with a seatbelt tied in a loop...the only thing that will prevent your shit from getting stolen is to chain the fucking thing to a jack anchor in the concrete. I stopped chaining my trucks together at night because I don’t want to spend the rest of my life in jail after I get woken up by the noise and start shooting.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
They towed my truck outta my driveway with a seatbelt tied in a loop...the only thing that will prevent your shit from getting stolen is to chain the fucking thing to a jack anchor in the concrete. I stopped chaining my trucks together at night because I don’t want to spend the rest of my life in jail after I get woken up by the noise and start shooting.

im probably going to just park it in the driveway at night and put the mini cooper in front of it to block it.

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
After my F350 was stolen(that I actually got back with little damage) I add rear handles to the front doors and installed a hidden fuel shutoff switch and a Viper alarm system. Fuck those stealing putos.

WYRD

Reaction score
My uncle had his 58'vette stolen many decades ago. It was a nice car but in pretty rough shape and needed a restoration. He received the call about 10 years after it was stolen that the cops had found it. Turns out it was fully restored and customized. Sucks he had to live without it for 10 years but at least My uncle got it back with quite a bit of value-added.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
First have heard of the Cyclops unit and seems like a simple alternative.

I need to order the Jimmy Jammers, I started with the Cyclops ignition kill. Great unit for $165, nice components and you literally just replace a relay on the fuse block. On my Excursion the fuse block is on the inside, took about a minute to install. I also bought an oldschool club. Still looking for something to protect the cats.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Dude, how long ago was that?? LoL

They are a bit more sophisticated than that these days. Besides...

It's the shock sensor trigger for the alarm is what you want anyway. Once they punch out a lock or break a window, the alarm is going off. No one is sticking around after that.

On some recent installs, we put a siren Inside the cab. A really high pitched, high decibel one. Good luck trying to find a module or really with all that noise going on!

You can wire a starter kill relay any way you prefer. No reason to have it wired the way you had it.

On your intercept idea, I've seen people use the cigarette lighter to complete the circuit. Simple but very effective. 👍
My friend has a bronco that you have to push in the cigarette lighter to get the starting to kick over. After it pops out it won't crank again until you push it back in.

wzuber

Reaction score
Still looking for something to protect the cats.
beat them to the punch and make them removable, swap them back in for smog and swap out for better mileage, performance etc. no more worries.

outboard_256

Reaction score
Time for one of these bad boys

31X9TdKgYrL._AC_.jpg

4Waters

Reaction score
This is the weakest part of the club, this is what someone did to my buddies truck 25 years ago and they walked it up to his front door and leaned it against the door so when he opened the door to go to work this fell inside the house.

40c6d166-6e75-4c42-a263-1271b92650bc_1.9a89a9f4c8981743e0ee55a2f427bb98.jpeg

The part I circled is thin wall hollow tubing, a little leverage and it's off. From the looks of this club it's newer and the other side is the same now, the original ones were solid on the other end.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
The problem with a switch is I would have to constantly remember to turn it off
If you installed an additional relay downstream from the factory one (so they would be in series) you'd be golden. If you forgot to turn it off you'd only lose the security as the factory relay would kill the fuel supply.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
My friend has a bronco that you have to push in the cigarette lighter to get the starting to kick over. After it pops out it won't crank again until you push it back in.

Yep. That's exactly how it's done. 👍

v6toy4x

Reaction score
[QUOTE="Waterjunky, post: 4081798, member: 94"
The plan is to shoot, shovel, and shut up...........
[/QUOTE]

I always shovel ahead if time, place a small metal shed over the hole, preparation is key!

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
This is the weakest part of the club, this is what someone did to my buddies truck 25 years ago and they walked it up to his front door and leaned it against the door so when he opened the door to go to work this fell inside the house.

View attachment 993182

The part I circled is thin wall hollow tubing, a little leverage and it's off. From the looks of this club it's newer and the other side is the same now, the original ones were solid on the other end.

Yea, that does not look like the original club, I have several customers with classics, and they all use them, none of them look like that though?

Not one of them has even been stolen. Attempted, yes, not successful.

Fuck car thieves! We should not have to go to such lengths to protect our own property, there should be no protection for them.

4Waters

Reaction score
Yea, that does not look like the original club, I have several customers with classics, and they all use them, none of them look like that though?

Not one of them has even been stolen. Attempted, yes, not successful.

Fuck car thieves! We should not have to go to such lengths to protect our own property, there should be no protection for them.
My buddy had the classic original and they just bent the "J" on the handle end straight

merc_400r

Reaction score
That sucks. Might be time for a decent alarm. They will be back.

franky

Reaction score
It's past time to start stringing these people up when caught and in public view so they see what's going to happen when they get caught. It should also be done in front of their families so they see how well daddy or whoever fucked up.
I do not agree with this approach in its entirety, but I do like the concept....

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
That would work, or just a hidden switch for the fuel pump relay if you didn’t want to do as much work.
This is one of the things I did to my truck after it was recovered last year from a theft ring. (They stripped approx $12K in parts from it)

Additionally I added a boot and a spot gps tracker that sends a text message to my phone if my vehicle moves and shows me on a map exactly where it is located. So if you can get past the boot, locate and re-engage the switch, and then drive off with it I will be following you within less than 2 minutes. So when you park my truck and step out you might wanna say a little prayer. I’ll be there for ya, lol 😎.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
I do not agree with this approach in its entirety, but I do like the concept....
It's the only way I see to stop it. It's just like the only way to stop generational welfare!!

D19

Reaction score
I installed rear door handle on my previous Chevy after that happened to me also ran a secret switch to the fuel pump relay. That's a bad ass truck, I recommend doing the same.

robusto

Reaction score
There is a product called a Jimmi Jammer, its a plate that blocks the lock mechanism if they punch the key lock. I put one in our old Denali after we had the rear seat stolen. Also took the key lock out , just make sure you never lose the key fob or battery goes dead.
This is what installed after it happened to me also!👍
1619047130498.png