WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Last minute ride to Parker accepted..... Good idea/ Bad idea

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
My neighbor in Newport is 38 and owns a trailer in Echo Park... he's got a house full of newborns driving him crazy and his wife gave him a hall pass Fri- Sun if he bought plenty of wine and paid the nanny for entire weekend. Check. He just asked if I wanted to tag along for a weekend in Parker by waters edge. I said what the hell..... I get shotgun, he drives. I haven't been since 2005.... nothing changes out there right [more boaters I figure] .....he said we'll do whatever we want..... I'm thinking go see Cat Fest for sure. You guys have any recommendations? He's got a 20' runabout we could take out but I hear your waters madness so maybe stay on land watching zoo on a weekend? Any feedback appreciated.... and I apologize.... I understand you're closed.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
There is something with the cats at Havasu Springs tomorrow
Short drive from Echo to hang out and see.
They still have the mudslides at the Echo Bar?
They were good a decade ago.

Have fun

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Thanks fellas.... he's a veteran river rat so I'll just be along attached to him mostly. He may have a meathead young buck or two arriving at trailer as well.... so I can see them taking that 20' out but no thanks.... I'm a boat snob and have heard you guys talking about all the busy water at Parker so I'll pass on boating. I get plenty at the shore.... for sure we'll go see the Cat Madness in Havazoo. Truthfully that's what motivated me to make the ride.

Reactions: DWC

Water Romper

Reaction score
I suppose you could drag the boat all the way to Laughlin/ Lake Mojave or launch at Topoc just to get the boat wet although if the big boys are running through the gorge, forget it.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Who's running the Echo Lodge Bar now?

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Plenty of 20' boats still run on Havasu, that shouldn't deter you. Just don't get in the path of all the PrimaDona's multi-million $ Cats, they apparently called dibs on the lake for the next few days.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Who's running the Echo Lodge Bar now?
Someone new been there onlya few weeks. They just reopened. Have not been in since. The arcade is back open and no masks finally.

grumpy88

Reaction score
Boating in parker in a small boat this time of year should not concern you . Even when its busy you just need to pay attention and its rough .

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Plenty of 20' boats still run on Havasu, that shouldn't deter you. Just don't get in the path of all the PrimaDona's multi-million $ Cats, they apparently called dibs on the lake for the next few days.
Last time I went [2005] I had a 23' w/ 350 Mag and had no idea what Desert Storm really was.... my gal was driving down river and I was facing her in bow and I see about 5 monster speedboats coming up from behind and I just yelled to her don't turn around just keep a straight path in center. She was going maybe 50 [wide open for us] Those friggin beasts came raging by at +100 on both sides screaming engines..... boy was that saweet!

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I suppose you could drag the boat all the way to Laughlin/ Lake Mojave or launch at Topoc just to get the boat wet although if the big boys are running through the gorge, forget it.
I'll let the young bucks decide on boating this weekend.... I'm along for ride.... within reason. After a year or so on RDP I've come to know the waters are crazy on weekends.... I don't do crazy.... anymore, lol

FlatNv

Reaction score
Parker is slammed today
IMG_20210416_122808620.jpg

Fastdadtsmith

Reaction score
Probably a great day tomorrow to launch early and hang out at the sandbar above Havasu and watch the parade go to Pirates. Then navigate back around noon, back to Parker and bar hop the day away.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Just got home to Newport and wow what fun that last three days out there were. Arrived Parker Fri @ 5 and began hitting it..... Roadrunner & Foxes......everybody told me the flat bottoms will wake us at 7am Sat so I got my ass out of bed and walked 100' to set a chair up on rivers edge in Echo Park..... man was that a dud.... I'd only seen 2 jet skis by 8:00am so folded and returned for breakfast in mobile home. River was really quiet all day [Yup, could've swam across to Sundowner ha] Trailed their shitty ass boat up to Havazoo launching around 3pm sat hunting for Cat Fest action and crowds. Frigging small craft advisory conditions so took on plenty of cold beautiful river water but arrived channel to strut in warm sun and zero wind. Grabbed a beach opening inbetween two $250K boats full of aderol & carled up beautiful people in thongs, pasties & ink and didn't leave our new ridiculous best friends till 7..... Too much fun and exceeded all our expectations. Don't need to do that again soon and great fun..... sorry no picks so I know, I know "It didn't happen".... when I'm having that much fun I don't document. Thanks for all the feedback and recommendations fellas.... and appreciate you letting us offshore dudes borrow your water.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Wow figured Parker would be packed. Guess it was the wrong weekend for the flats?
View attachment 993897
Well, perhaps they came out after we'd headed up to Havazoo Sat.... I'd imagine little fast boat dudes would run first light .... and that Sat/ Sun wind by noon was nuts.....on RDP you'd get impression Parker was overrun with boat traffic. Wasn't my impression but we were out of Echo Park only making short run To Foxes & Roadrunner ... "Parkers closed" I get it lol.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Has your Buddy owned there long? Maybe I would recognize him if I see him.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
My friends one of three partners in on the Echo Park trailer.... they're around 38 yrs old and have been river rats since around 18 and did this Echo thing on the cheap..... i heard they got the old mobile home free from an older gal who'd been there forever. They each are in auto repair & flipping biz so get lots of trade deals on stuff like this Echo thing. I think I heard them say they've had the trailer and spot for ten years. Names are Mike, Brad & Lindsay and are in B row facing water right where a row of maybe 5 palm trees are on rivers edge. Don't recall the B number slot. This might cue you up.... they always come with their dogs totaling 4 and one is a big ass white wolf looking thing.... kinda looks like an Akita. Great guys.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Has your Buddy owned there long? Maybe I would recognize him if I see him.
Man I'm thinking I wish I took some pics to show you cause Friday after dark the guys said lets jump in the jeep and hit the dunes.... I had no idea what they were talking about... next thing ya know I'm riding shotgun in a late model Wrangler thats been modified and sits on 37" tires I think I heard.... the owner/ driver is in car biz and has taken years of off road courses and entered baja competitions so I kinda went with flow. We went all through those dunes/ trails behind Echo at I think about 11pm Friday night.... he took us up to the top and they lit up a mobile gas firepit from the bed of the jeep and we sat on beach chairs watching stars for an hour. Thats some tricky climbing up there at night and he almost went over an edge but thank God he stopped and we got out to look cause from Jeep you couldn't see past hood..... road disappeared into a drop around 200' straight down ..... I was pretty sure these three guys had been doing this for years and were just trying to scare me a bit for fun. I was happily too drunk to be scared but did look back at those dunes next morning thinking man was that foolish,lol.

NicPaus

Reaction score
There is a pass back there named after me. Missed the turn in the dust and dark and flew off a 150' ledge in my RZR. Several others have done the same. Last trip out a snowbird rolled off 1 in his Talon. Got to always be ready. Another owner on B row just had a back wreck at Ocotillo last weekend. Quick run to get ice and he broke his neck and was life flighted. Think he is still in hospital.