WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Modified or Pure sine wave inverter?

sintax

Reaction score
so devices that charge DC are not really susceptible to the issues seen with with cheaper modified sine waves, you're going DC > AC > DC, in that conversion the issue of the pulse goes away. The transformer inside charger cleans the signal up and evens it out.

if its a pure AC device, thats when you have the issues.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
I tried using a modified on a DeWalt charger and instantly was sending smoke signals to the Indians in Blythe one year!!

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Pure sine is the only way to go, even though it costs more. You just won't worry what you plug in is not going to like the modified output of lesser inverters.

Pure sine will keep all electronics happier, and we all know everything has electronics in it now.

4Waters

Reaction score
I tried using a modified on a DeWalt charger and instantly was sending smoke signals to the Indians in Blythe one year!!
I had a modified sine kill a TV and 2 DVD players in 6 months in my motorhome, a friend let me know it was the modified sine inverter that did that. I put a pure sine in it and everything was fine after that.

77charger

Reaction score
Never had issues with a modified sine wave.My son has ran his laptop on a 150 watt one for years on road trips.I used a laptop and canon pro9000 printer on one for a few years no issues at all.I also use a mod sine wave inverter in our toyhauler for 15 years without any problems on led tv and direct tv receiver.

rush1

Reaction score
A lot of cheaper electronics won't work on a modified sine wave.

Mike K

Reaction score
Use sine wave inverter etc for laptops etc etc.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
pure sine only.