WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

20mph winds this Saturday coming up. Gonna need more anchors!

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
When was the last time a full Shootout took place?

DWC

Reaction score
On a positive note it’s only supposed to be mid-80’s for the street fair.

8AC2E772-48DE-475F-A181-26E3DF0D035D.jpeg

DWC

Reaction score
When Dave had the driver of the house boat do a U turn middle of the course 😅😂
Seems like just yesterday. :cool:
We got on the water early. Dropped anchor and tied up to @Bgsandfan. Was nice and quiet until 30-45 mins before the shootout and then all hell broke loose. Gotta love people that wait til the last minute and drop anchor in front of you.

DWC

Reaction score
When was the last time a full Shootout took place?
2018 i believe. Didn’t seem like very many boats running that day. If it wasn’t for Captain Hook and Magoo’s M35 there wouldn’t have been a ton of runs. Hope that the wind gives it a break and a few of the ballers run their boats.

Singleton

Reaction score
We got on the water early. Dropped anchor and tied up to @Bgsandfan. Was nice and quiet until 30-45 mins before the shootout and then all hell broke loose. Gotta love people that wait til the last minute and drop anchor in front of you.

watching from shore at the Islander. Will launch once the dust settles

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Good weather for Wednesday. Assume that will again be the day of the runs for those with special needs and severely wounded vets. Get those runs in and the rest is just gravy. Street party temps in the high 80s, poker-run and shoot out in the 90s. Predicted winds for the shoot out are from the south. Course should be mostly protected. Best Shoot Out ever? Predator 2 vs Low Altitude - 2016 (?). And it was a little breezy that day. You just gotta be glad DS is happening this year. My thanks to all who made it happen. Now, let’s Enjoy!

Last edited:

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Where exactly is the shootout going to be ? Where will be the best on- land viewing ?

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
No shit. We got out and anchored in ‘18 fairly early then about 20 min before start some big slab sided toon slides in and anchored right in front of us. So we start talkin shit as they’re tying off and THEY get pissed at us for being rude so we throw aspersions back and forth on family lineage and they finally moved. OPKs I tell ya.

Reactions: DWC

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
I have never been a fan of the shootout. It is drawn out and boring... each run takes forever to get going...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
100%......we aren't boating Saturday. Just going to hang on land. Might watch it from the island, might not....who knows. No agenda.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
I see what @riverroyal is trying to do. He is hyping up these winds so most of you will get nervous and not go. Haha anyone ever told you that you're quite sly?

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
I have never been a fan of the shootout. It is drawn out and boring... each run takes forever to get going...

Ive seen it twice in person, there's not much to see and if you don't have a boat or friends to watch for. I think watching it later from helicopter footage is much more interesting. We're usually somewhere else on Saturday.

Singleton

Reaction score

100% agree. While I like the concept, but to much down time between runs. Going to watch from dry land this year and then launch the boat and head north for lunch. Unless I get a sandy mooring spot at the Islander, then we do both.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Having a handheld vhf radio dialed into the SO channel, or standing near someone with one, adds a lot to viewing the Shoot Out. You get the speeds attained, who's up next and other pertinent info.

sintax

Reaction score
12 pack of beer watch it from the light house site six

That’s my plan too, gonna cruise down there and watch from there for a bit.

We’ll likely be in my silver Chevy 2500, with the Rayson Craft sticker in the back window

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Agree on the radio, made a difference knowing speeds. Don’t remember what channel, just scan. Most of the entertainment of the shoot out was in the lineup. Checking out the other boats and talent!😉

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
🤫🤫🤫
Don’t speak that terrible word, looking like the forecast is pushing it into Sunday now.

77charger

Reaction score

Agree anchored once felt like it was a slow deal.ended up boating then channel.

wet hull

Reaction score
Depending on your definition of a slight breeze, it may be slightly breezy this morning😩