WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Sweet Home Alabama

SNiC Jet

Reaction score
I don't come up here in the lounge very often.....but I wanted to share this pic taken this afternoon at my brother in law's....Smith Lake Alabama...

1619310304780.jpeg

SNiC Jet

Reaction score
Why is the dock so long then?

Goes out so far at about 6' -15' deep (left side) then drops off of a cliff.......as does most of the lake........275' deep is not unusual...and the lake's level varies as much as 15' +/-

Lewis Smith Lake was created in 1961 by the Alabama Power Company as a result of the company's construction of Lewis Smith Dam to produce hydroelectric power. With over 600 miles of shoreline, this emerald green-appearing gem in North Alabama is rated among the cleanest man made lakes in the U.S.

Last edited:

fmo24

Reaction score
I think we are going to spend a few days at the thousand trails park in Arley. Hidden Cove RV resort. We are heading north from Florida. Visiting friends in southern Alabama then wandering from there. We try to use Thousand Trails parks as it does not cost out of pocket for our stays.

SNiC Jet

Reaction score
I think we are going to spend a few days at the thousand trails park in Arley. Hidden Cove RV resort. We are heading north from Florida. Visiting friends in southern Alabama then wandering from there. We try to use Thousand Trails parks as it does not cost out of pocket for our stays.

👍 👍 I store my Chaparral there at Duncan Bridge Marina. Great place!

Hope you are fortunate and get to see one these bad boys flying around while you are there. ;) (Taken last year on the lake near Arley)

1619393836819.jpeg

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Beautiful! Nice to see a deep lake without bathtub rings like some other lake I know...............cough! Mead! cough!:p