The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
39851274-29DA-46A6-ADC5-4D40384634A7.jpeg
3D557D30-B397-4A6F-831A-CCE618346D4C.jpeg
2F6450E3-3780-49FD-B062-736C53362304.jpeg

DLC

Reaction score
Man that sucks! We just drove through the mountains on a AZPT run on Tuesday a lot of burned areas from last year!

I hope it’s not arson...

The Prisoner

Reaction score
Evacuating the whole area. I believe a member lives up there, no? Started in Wild Cow area.

The Prisoner

Reaction score
KINGMAN – An Emergency Evacuation Order is in effect for the community of Pine Lake, Hualapai Mountain Park and the surrounding areas for a wildfire near Wild Cow.
photo

The Pine Lake Fire District posted on its Facebook page at approximately 3 p.m. Sunday, April 25 that a wildfire near Wild Cow has prompted the immediate evacuation of the community of Pine Lake, Hualapai Mountain Park and the surrounding areas.
No additional information was immediately available.
Information provided by the Pine Lake Fire District
DonateReport a TypoContact

2Driver

Reaction score
That sucks the whole region is so cool. Had to be man caused.

The Prisoner

Reaction score
That sucks the whole region is so cool. Had to be man caused.
Yes. Could be a goofball camper, a discarded cigarette or lots of trail riding. Maybe someone doesn’t have a spark arrestor. I do know it’s windy as hell here. Not a good combination. My parents live under that smoke line and they can smell smoke in their house already

FishSniper

Reaction score
Only been up there once but was nice area hopefully it keeps clear of any structures. Campground there has some kinda primitive cabins that we considered spending a couple nights at in the future.

Reactions: DLC

grumpy88

Reaction score
Bad deal with these winds . Good luck to everybody up there . The roads are very tight for people trying to get out while help is trying to get in .

The Prisoner

Reaction score
Still going but doesn’t seem quite as “angry “ if that’s a fire term
0C698362-182E-491D-A511-9DBF0827BF98.jpeg

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Very possible, I believe @ONE-A-DAY has or had a home up in that area. But I think he had it up for sale a while back.
We sold it about a year ago, always worried about fire risk, dirt roads in and out, all volunteer fire department, constant fight against pine needles being all over your roof and in your gutters.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
We see the smoke from the back of our havasu house looking east out over the mountains behind the airport

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
My Parents’ horse farrier got evacuated. They live in pine lake. Parents are down in Lazy Y-U just west of the fire but wind is blowing north. I hope it doesn’t change direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taboma

Reaction score
My Parents’ horse farrier got evacuated. They live in pine lake. Parents are down in Lazy Y-U just west of the fire but wind is blowing north. I hope it doesn’t change direction.

Wind is doing some screwy shit right now --- was just showing 33 mph gusts at Lazy Y U out of the south, but another station on the NE corner of the Hualapais is showing N or NE wind at 16 -- so opposite direction. Forcast for this evening and tonight and tomorrow is SSW 20 - 30 so who the hell knows.

Riverbottom

Reaction score
Love that area. Had a place many several years. Just talked to my ex neighbors who have been evacuated, they are heading to Parker right now. Told them they could stay with us. We were their for the last big fire and had to evacuate six or seven years ago. Hope they get it under control. There are a couple ridges and valleys between Cow Springs and the Pine Lake subdivision, Hope they can stop it.

Universal Elements

Reaction score

The Prisoner

Reaction score

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
One of our ranch neighbors posted this last night, taken from the Hualapai Mountain Park Ranger Station -- not sure who took it ?
Looking south.

View attachment 996188
Our place was just out of the shot to the left. Sucks, such a cool little community, mostly retireees, everyone knows everyone, so safe. Every home owner leaves a key to their house taped inside the door of the outside circuit breaker box. Everyone trusts everyone, and the key is for nights like this when FD needs to get in your place.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Our place was just out of the shot to the left. Sucks, such a cool little community, mostly retireees, everyone knows everyone, so safe. Every home owner leaves a key to their house taped inside the door of the outside circuit breaker box. Everyone trusts everyone, and the key is for nights like this when FD needs to get in your place.

My first boss was Nick Main of Main construction who built that ranger station while I was working for him.

jesco

Reaction score
Is this anywhere near the Hualapai resort??? Such a cool little town. We use to offroad up there from Havasu and stay the night. Prayers sent to the town

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Is this anywhere near the Hualapai resort??? Such a cool little town. We use to offroad up there from Havasu and stay the night. Prayers sent to the town
The resort / restaruant and bar is about a 1/4 mile from the ranger station. The entire town of Pine Lake is only a mile or so across if that, about 150 homes.

Taboma

Reaction score
Watching these fire events from the bleachers can be extremely frustrating as the same pattern seems to prevail regardless of where a fire is raging.

Like this morning as one example. Fire appears to have laid down a bit overnight, humidity has increased, lighter winds this morning --- in my dumb-ass way of thinking, if you've got the fucker pressed against the ropes, punch it hard with all you've got. Now I'm not privy to the current ground war, but what I'm seeing in regards to the air attack this morning is, well those same two LEADs doing circles, not a single Helo, or Tanker making drops and no tankers currently en route from PHX area.
I've seen this same pattern in countless So Cal fires, seems to take until noon before then can get a plane or Helo in the air. I know, meetings, countless meetings, I've got a good friend who runs a dozer for the big Nor Cal fires, amazing how much time is devoted to red tape and repeatedly going over the rules of where they can and can not drive or move dirt.

I do not mean to berate the amazing work fire fighters perform, in the trenches on the ground, no way, I wouldn't do it for anything, I just struggle with what often appears to be molasses like slow motion response of other assets and air support. Like this mornings, by 8AM why didn't I see two or three tankers and several helos dropping water ? Here it is 10AM and I'm still only seeing spotters working.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Watching these fire events from the bleachers can be extremely frustrating as the same pattern seems to prevail regardless of where a fire is raging.

Like this morning as one example. Fire appears to have laid down a bit overnight, humidity has increased, lighter winds this morning --- in my dumb-ass way of thinking, if you've got the fucker pressed against the ropes, punch it hard with all you've got. Now I'm not privy to the current ground war, but what I'm seeing in regards to the air attack this morning is, well those same two LEADs doing circles, not a single Helo, or Tanker making drops and no tankers currently en route from PHX area.
I've seen this same pattern in countless So Cal fires, seems to take until noon before then can get a plane or Helo in the air. I know, meetings, countless meetings, I've got a good friend who runs a dozer for the big Nor Cal fires, amazing how much time is devoted to red tape and repeatedly going over the rules of where they can and can not drive or move dirt.

I do not mean to berate the amazing work fire fighters perform, in the trenches on the ground, no way, I wouldn't do it for anything, I just struggle with what often appears to be molasses like slow motion response of other assets and air support. Like this mornings, by 8AM why didn't I see two or three tankers and several helos dropping water ? Here it is 10AM and I'm still only seeing spotters working.

I hear ya, only two spotters are up now. Could be a good sign. The weather in Havasu has drastically changed, low 70's and overcast, which would make it high 50's low 60's there. Temp is always about 15 degrees cooler than Havasu. This is live, its still advancing down the hill into the town, but the wind is blowing it up the hill so its not heading towards town as fast.

Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 11.09.24 AM.png

Taboma

Reaction score
Awesome, Tanker 10 saved our towns bacon last year. Tanker 10 was there in an hour Every wildfire state should have 10 of them. View attachment 996316

Got a notification from our insurance company this year, that they've contracted with a private fire mitigation company so if we're threatened, they show up and perform measures they deem will assist in saving the home, including extinguishing spot fires. I've read about this protecting mega mansions, but seems now if a particular company has the potential for several area claims, they're being proactive in saving the homes.