WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Skater 368, from the beginning.

v6toy4x

Reaction score
no, non-specific “intake air leak”

I missed this somehow
You havent been able to run it?

Had I not seen your pic earlier in this thread I would say you were pulling your hair out right about now :mad: :mad:
Good enough of an excuse for me to have a couple cocktails for you!
I hope you get it sorted, Skater will probably step up!!

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Skater is a DS sponsor and organized the two newest Skaters to be together, as they should have been.
Mike, the owner of the new 438, was raising hell about it. I knew there was no changing it once we were lined up moving to the street. We should have just put our shit together during staging and told them too bad.

and thanks for that. I’m super pleased with the outcome
Hmmmmmmm.... political you say..... we gonna have to read your mind a bit here. Your thoughts are someone kept the two Skaters from being shown together? And what end goal is served in doing that and whose interests are benefitted?

Reactions: DWC

Skater368

Upon My Request This is all Folks Skater368/nganga
Reaction score
Hmmmmmmm.... political you say..... we gonna have to read your mind a bit here. Your thoughts are someone kept the two Skaters from being shown together? And what end goal is served in doing that and whose interests are benefitted?
I’ll reserve comment.

ultra26shadow

Reaction score
Skater is a DS sponsor and organized the two newest Skaters to be together, as they should have been.
Mike, the owner of the new 438, was raising hell about it. I knew there was no changing it once we were lined up moving to the street. We should have just put our shit together during staging and told them too bad.

and thanks for that. I’m super pleased with the outcome
I thought it was kind of odd as well. Predator III, Callate, and Cancel This were also apart not to mention a whole block away from your Skater and the 438. But the Mti’s had almost a whole block to themselves plus the DCB’s were also pretty much together. I say you challenge them to a drag race tomorrow lol. Sucks to hear about your engine problems hope you get it sorted out soon.

Skater368

Reaction score
I thought it was kind of odd as well. Predator III, Callate, and Cancel This were also apart not to mention a whole block away from your Skater and the 438. But the Mti’s had almost a whole block to themselves plus the DCB’s were also pretty much together. I say you challenge them to a drag race tomorrow lol. Sucks to hear about your engine problems hope you get it sorted out soon.
Exactly. We were registered as “Skater Powerboats” not Steve and Mike. Nuff said.

precisiondetails

Reaction score
Randy Scisim insecure and butt hurt even more

I walked by the tool today and I almost told him-
“Hey Randy- no matter how many you pump out, it will always be a Skater Nation!!”

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Congrats Nganga - she came out beautiful.

To those that have never actually exhibited at a show or an event before - it's indescribably political, frustrating and fraught with complexity, red tape, and a big heaping helping of utter bullshit not to mention expensive.

Stuff like - where you are located, how you position things, the way you get to use the space you get.

"You cant put this there because it will block fire acess "- but the same guys that tell you that then allows a T-shirt vendor to totally block the entire street 20 feet away.

The whole " whydoncha" crowd have no clue.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Exactly. We were registered as “Skater Powerboats” not Steve and Mike. Nuff said.
Congrats Nganga - she came out beautiful.

To those that have never actually exhibited at a show or an event before - it's indescribably political, frustrating and fraught with complexity, red tape, and a big heaping helping of utter bullshit not to mention expensive.

Stuff like - where you are located, how you position things, the way you get to use the space you get.

"You cant put this there because it will block fire acess "- but the same guys that tell you that then allows a T-shirt vendor to totally block the entire street 20 feet away.

The whole " whydoncha" crowd have no clue.

It is the same shit in every motorsport realm. Whether it be cars, boats, bikes, ect..

I delt with the shit for years when the wife and I were big into the sand drags. We just had to deal with it cause we were not in with the "top 3 builders". We just let our actions and wins on the track speak for themselves. Eventually gained respect of all builders when my ol' lady would hand "the top 3" their ass.

There is a reason behind my screen name "JUSTWANNARACE", because the political and "builder drama" pissed me off, I didnt want it(drama), nor did I want to deal with "them" being special or "better then the next guy". It took a few races until they relized all I wanted to do is "JUSTWANNARACE". We proved our point and gain respect in our world of racing as "the ones to beat". But yes, there is "political drama" in every form of motorsports, I just found you have to prove your existence!! It really pissed them off for years while in a male dominated sport(at the time) my ol' lady would walk away #1! It was all "weight limit this" "we need to make a womens class" ect.. after a few years they just learned to deal with getting beat by her! @n2otoofast4u knows the drama we went through! I didnt want to deal with the drama, politics or bullshit all we wanted to do is "JUSTWANNARACE"

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
It is the same shit in every motorsport realm. Whether it be cars, boats, bikes, ect..

I delt with the shit for years when the wife and I were big into the sand drags. We just had to deal with it cause we were not in with the "top 3 builders". We just let our actions and wins on the track speak for themselves. Eventually gained respect of all builders when my ol' lady would hand "the top 3" their ass.

There is a reason behind my screen name "JUSTWANNARACE", because the political and "builder drama" pissed me off, I didnt want it(drama), nor did I want to deal with "them" being special or "better then the next guy". It took a few races until they relized all I wanted to do is "JUSTWANNARACE". We proved our point and gain respect in our world of racing as "the ones to beat". But yes, there is "political drama" in every form of motorsports, I just found you have to prove your existence!! It really pissed them off for years while in a male dominated sport(at the time) my ol' lady would walk away #1! It was all "weight limit this" "we need to make a womens class" ect.. after a few years they just learned to deal with getting beat by her! @n2otoofast4u knows the drama we went through! I didnt want to deal with the drama, politics or bullshit all we wanted to do is "JUSTWANNARACE"

Been there, still am to some extent.

Ive been dealing with trade show BS all this week.

Never begrudged anyone a win because of what was between their legs.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
The good news is that for guys like me, the average fair-goer, we could have cared less and didn’t notice the separation.

We were just blinded by how beautiful the two skaters were in person and since they are so big their towering presence spoke for itself.

I didn’t even know about the placement till now. It actually made for better pictures. Lol

Skater368

Reaction score
The good news is that for guys like me, the average fair-goer, we could have cared less and didn’t notice the separation.

We were just blinded by how beautiful the two skaters were in person and since they are so big their towering presence spoke for itself.

I didn’t even know about the placement till now. It actually made for better pictures. Lol

I actually agree with that. Problem is, Skater paid for their placement and didn’t get it.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I’m not bummed. It’s just an un-necessary, shitweasel move for no reason
Oh, now I get it thanks. Yup, take the high road and put that noise behind you.... and just go gander at that masterpiece as the different angles of sun hit that color scheme through the day. Hope you get her running today but frankly from what I hear might choose to stay dry and let the crowded water just be crowded. How much fun can that be in a new boat.

havasuhusker

Reaction score

Sounds like the sand drag version of "Heart Like A Wheel!"

Glad you and your wife persevered and kicked ass!

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Ya that sux. Probably big bucks too.

With these things the details matter though. I get it.

The boat looked great though!!

I actually agree with that. Problem is, Skater paid for their placement and didn’t get it.

MeCasa16

Reaction score
Steve it was great to meet you at the show. Thanks so much for taking the time to show us around your boat and trailer. Your boat is on another level in person. The paint job on your boat is so incredibly impressive. The attention to detail on the whole build was way over the top. I loved everything about it. Like I told you when we met, I can't thank you enough for allowing us to get a closer look at the whole process. It's something most of us would never normally get to see. I have truly enjoyed the whole building experience vicariously through this thread. Being able to see it in person, up close at the street fair was amazing. It really puts the scope of that project into perspective. Hopefully these little bugs get worked out quick for you. I hope I get to see that beast on the water someday.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I wish I could have made it. It turned out to be a bummer of a weekend and it’s actually a good thing I was close to home to be able to be with my wife and kids. One day I’ll see that thing

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I wish I could have made it. It turned out to be a bummer of a weekend and it’s actually a good thing I was close to home to be able to be with my wife and kids. One day I’ll see that thing

You’ll be floored.
The pics simply do not show the insane detail and perfection. It’s truly an art piece.

Community

Reaction score

I would agree with that. If I was walking and saw "same builder" after "same builder" you don't take in the difference in things. If I was an organizer I would shake it all up. Make people move about the event....maybe buy food or drink which most can afford and might actually be the support of the show, the boats are beautiful but not within the reach of many, but people like 368 would enjoy talking to, maybe because of the boat and the process or maybe because his story as a Dad. You never know. It looked like a great show political BS aside. 368 boat looks beautiful. Congrats. Hope your family enjoys it!

Skater368

Reaction score
Steve it was great to meet you at the show. Thanks so much for taking the time to show us around your boat and trailer. Your boat is on another level in person. The paint job on your boat is so incredibly impressive. The attention to detail on the whole build was way over the top. I loved everything about it. Like I told you when we met, I can't thank you enough for allowing us to get a closer look at the whole process. It's something most of us would never normally get to see. I have truly enjoyed the whole building experience vicariously through this thread. Being able to see it in person, up close at the street fair was amazing. It really puts the scope of that project into perspective. Hopefully these little bugs get worked out quick for you. I hope I get to see that beast on the water someday.

I just dropped it off at Octane. Charlie will take good care of me.

I very much appreciate your and frankly everyone's comments. I'm glad I was able to share the build with folks. Skater, being where they are, limits the ability of most to see their process. It is time consuming and not for everyone.

Skater368

Reaction score
Explanation...

I’ve thought about this post for quite some time. Allow me to give some context to it.

I joined RDP 11 years ago or so. My screen name has always been, up until very recent, Nganga. Nganga is word used in many African dialects. It roughly translates to Witchdoctor or Shapeshifter or “The knowing one” in the Nyanja language. I was given that name by the staff of one of my longest Safaris in Zambia’s Luangwa valley. That was in 2005. Why, I do not know.

I’ve truly enjoyed my time here. Met many like-minded folks and have even made some friendships I would like to think will last for many, many years. I have also made plenty of mistakes along the way. For those, I’ve attempted to make them right. I’ve always, for the most part steered clear of the drama threads.

Several months ago, I got into a nasty thread down in the Dungeon where the word “retard” had been thrown around (as is the case frequently) . I think most of you know and understand my position and my reasons for taking a strong and unbending stance as to the hurtful nature of calling folk’s retard. I don’t wish to re-engage argue or defend. This is simply an explanation as to my reasons for calling it quits here.

You may ask, why not just leave? Good question.

If my leaving and posting this on my way out, can change minds or modify ones use of the English language, my goal was achieved. One can log on here and read someone, in some thread calling somebody a “R” every single day here. Specially down in the P&G. Every time someone in my shoes, who has special needs folks in their lives sees that, it’s like a knife being shoved into you and twisted. So, in essence, I’m falling on the proverbial sword to defend a community, hopefully by awareness.

That word is a daily reminder that my Son’s life is somehow devalued as less viable or less important than a “normal” individual. All I want is for my Son (and everyone else with special needs) to receive the dignity they deserve in life.

I met a large number of folks at the DS Street Fair that watched my build and have never even been members here. Many of them met my special son Brian as well. Those of you that did understand what a special kid he is and why I love him as I do. He is the absolute light of my life and there isn’t anything I wouldn’t do for him.

Anyway, After the thread I mentioned died down, I requested a Moderator to ban Nganga. For some reason he couldn’t. So, with the intent of being on a personal limited timeline here, I signed on a new screen name, with his knowledge as “Skater368”, simply to finish my build thread. I would have simply vanished before the new account but I felt an obligation to finish the build thread. There were many folks interested, I believed it would have been Chicken Shit to simply abandon it.

Boat is done, and so am I.

I am not angry, as a matter of fact, I would prefer not to leave. I enjoy it here. I simply cannot look at myself in the mirror and be proud of my role as Brian’s father, mentor, role model and protector while condoning a community that doesn’t police itself to not use words that are devastating to some. I completely understand that 99.9% of you do not. However, the flippant use in some threads, by some, is unacceptable by any measure.

If a man cannot or will not defend his own child’s honor, Who else will.

The “R” word is the new “N” word.

Peace Out.

Steve

Skater368

Reaction score
thats all.png

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Explanation...

I’ve thought about this post for quite some time. Allow me to give some context to it.

I joined RDP 11 years ago or so. My screen name has always been, up until very recent, Nganga. Nganga is word used in many African dialects. It roughly translates to Witchdoctor or Shapeshifter or “The knowing one” in the Nyanja language. I was given that name by the staff of one of my longest Safaris in Zambia’s Luangwa valley. That was in 2005. Why, I do not know.

I’ve truly enjoyed my time here. Met many like-minded folks and have even made some friendships I would like to think will last for many, many years. I have also made plenty of mistakes along the way. For those, I’ve attempted to make them right. I’ve always, for the most part steered clear of the drama threads.

Several months ago, I got into a nasty thread down in the Dungeon where the word “retard” had been thrown around (as is the case frequently) . I think most of you know and understand my position and my reasons for taking a strong and unbending stance as to the hurtful nature of calling folk’s retard. I don’t wish to re-engage argue or defend. This is simply an explanation as to my reasons for calling it quits here.

If my leaving and posting this on my way out, can change minds or modify ones use of the English language, my goal was achieved. One can log on here and read someone, in some thread calling somebody a “R” every single day here. Specially down in the P&G. Every time someone in my shoes, who has special needs folks in their lives sees that, it’s like a knife being shoved into you and twisted. So, in essence, I’m falling on the proverbial sword to defend a community, hopefully by awareness.

That word is a daily reminder that my Son’s life is somehow devalued as less viable or less important than a “normal” individual. All I want is for my Son (and everyone else with special needs) to receive the dignity they deserve in life.

I met a large number of folks at the DS Street Fair that watched my build and have never even been members here. Many of them met my special son Brian as well. Those of you that did understand what a special kid he is and why I love him as I do. He is the absolute light of my life and there isn’t anything I wouldn’t do for him.

Anyway, After the thread I mentioned died down, I requested a Moderator (FunTimes) to ban Nganga. For some reason he couldn’t. So, I signed on a new screen name, with his knowledge as “Skater368”, simply to finish my build thread. I would have simply vanished before the new account but I felt an obligation to finish the build thread. There were many folks interested, I believed it would have been Chicken Shit to simply abandon it.

I am not angry, as a matter of fact, I would prefer not to leave. I enjoy it here. I simply cannot look at myself in the mirror and be proud of my role as Brian’s father, mentor, role model and protector while condoning a community that doesn’t police itself to not use words that are devastating to some. I completely understand that 99.9% of you do not. However, the flippant use in some threads, by some, is unacceptable by any measure.

Peace Out.

Steve
This probably is the best post I have read in long time! As Nganga knows, because of my Brother I have been fighting members on here using that word for many years. Now look what it's done...scared off a guy that has probably the most bitchin' boat on this board. Just sad.

Hammer

Reaction score
Sorry to see you go, you will be missed.

X2. Was hoping learn more about Skaters after this build thread.

Thank you for sharing Steve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Steve.... I understand and respect your choice of course.... don't let the few get to you. Here is a link to a school my father started in my mother's home town using her maiden name; Didlake when I was a youngster. It still thrives benefitting folks like your son. I've had the fortunate and humbling experience of being associated through out my life. My family is extremely proud of this schools accomplishments. Cheers.

RichL

Reaction score
Sorry to see you go, you will be missed.
X2. Was hoping learn more about Skaters after this build thread.

Thank you for sharing Steve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
X3

Sorry I didn't have the opportunity to meet you in person. Sounds like your Son has a great Dad.

Thumbs up Sir.

HCP3

Reaction score
Explanation...

Anyway, After the thread I mentioned died down, I requested a Moderator to ban Nganga. For some reason he couldn’t. So, with the intent of being on a personal limited timeline here, I signed on a new screen name, with his knowledge as “Skater368”, simply to finish my build thread. I would have simply vanished before the new account but I felt an obligation to finish the build thread. There were many folks interested, I believed it would have been Chicken Shit to simply abandon it.

Peace Out.

Steve

Bummed to see you go. I have been following since the beginning. Thanks for sharing the journey.

RaceTec

Reaction score
One of the greatest build threads if not the greatest! Thank you for sharing! I am sorry to hear that you are leaving but completely understand... Bummer....

Tom Slick

Reaction score
This thread just ended like most Netflix series. All of the buildup over the years and the final episode just ends without the final conclusion. While I appreciate and respect the reason for @Skater368 departure and he will be greatly missed, I selfishly would have liked to hear about his first voyage on his beautiful new Skater. It would have been great to hear how it runs, how he likes it, how fast does it go, etc. And I'd love to see pictures of it in the water and maybe some video as well. That said, Thank you very much for taking your thread as far as you did and I hope you enjoy your new boat with your family for years to come. Take care!

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Sorry to see you go.

I really enjoyed this thread it gave an inside peek to thing that most people will never be privy to.

It was also refreshing to have someone so down to earth and welcoming share the experience. Most people that get to the position where they can build a boat like this don't seem to be as excited or as involved as you were.

May you an your family continue to live a happy , healthy and prosperous life. :)

Tony DCB Boats

Reaction score
Explanation...

Peace Out.

Steve
Such a perfect way to exit... On top of your game.

I feel you and understand. The way some of the members "pop off" is sometimes so off base it is funny. As you know I have a son who is special in his own way and I love him for the way he is.

Steve, you are one of the true blue individuals on the forum and so glad you stuck through it and kept this post updated. I think this is the longest thread of any on the "from the mold" section.

We have had some great conversations and see eye and I respect the heck out of you and the way you look at life.

I have had the hardest and longest month of my life and reading this post just made it all worth it.

Thank you and I am glad I have your number, because we will stay; in touch. If you ever need anything from me or DCB, I will be eager to help.

Peace out, Steve.

-Tony

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Steve - You and I have been friends for a while now and share in the fact we each have special, yet incredible, sons. You’re one of the most genuine people I’ve ever met and an incredible father to Brian. I admire your commitment and do my best to mimic your commitment with Cole.

This thread will go down as one of the greatest of all time on RDP and appreciate what you added to the forum. I too agree with Tony that you’re ending it at the top of your game, kuddos.

Talk soon brother!