WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Desert Storm Shootout “C’Mon Man”

Bugginout

Reaction score
Don't forget about William (me) in his Toyota Turbo pick up. I would race them every chance I got. Rivals
Man there were some rotary power cars running around as well! We're you a monrovia guy? Only William I can remember had a fire bird. There was a small block nitrous 67 Camaro as well. Fun times!

Reactions: DWC

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
Man there were some rotary power cars running around as well! We're you a monrovia guy? Only William I can remember had a fire bird. There was a small block nitrous 67 Camaro as well. Fun times!
Yes Monrovia guy. Yes Able ran the R100 rotary, very fast. Scott Hassler was my fist race with my Turbo in 1987ish

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
So what was the word from the 7pm thing last night

Does Corey even post on this forum, does he have a registered user name?

Did anything the one guy say yesterday actually get backed up by the real members of Storm Runs?

Duramax

Reaction score
speed.png

No bullshit "sweep". Skater wins..

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Pretty sad day when these micro cocks gotta argue for 6 pages who’s got the fastest {33-40’) boat running on the Colorado river / Havasu.
fucking stupid..

sure miss the 70’s & 80’s. Lol
When the arguments were if that Challenger could go 68 and didn’t really get beat by the Kona with an Olds cause he cheated!😁

They’ll figure it out. It will be better in the long run and safer.
When all the crashes and blow overs were happening had a friend who’s S O offered him a hard five figures free and clear to not get in the boat. Did he take it? Lol hell no.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Fml, I just wasted 10 minutes reading the last 100 posts, to find out this wasn’t settled last night at 7. This thread should he in dungeon with all the other endless gibberish. [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

burtdahurt

Reaction score
So what was the word from the 7pm thing last night

Does Corey even post on this forum, does he have a registered user name?

Did anything the one guy say yesterday actually get backed up by the real members of Storm Runs?

99% of the questions anyone had were answered. :) and anything that I spoke about, other than my opinions were covered.. its worth going back and watching for sure :)

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
Well, that’s what ‘King of the Desert’ was, during the early 2005-2012 era & then in 2013 a silver M35 barrel-rolled around pilot rock & that was the end of that.... What sucks about that day is that the field was stacked. You had Gary’s P2 40ss, JT driving Roth’s 388, Tony in the 1350s M41 & a few others. That was going to be an epic run to the springs, but we will never know now.....

We have all seen the on-board videos of Predator one & the F34, then Predator 2 & Chip Romers 388, CRC & Bobbit’s Risky Business 40, then Predator 2 & Tony in the 1350s green M31.

With regards to this years shootout, it’s my understanding that it’s no longer a 1-mile course & has been shortened to a 3/4 course for safety? Well then, of course a 33ft boat with huge power is going to have an advantage over a 388 boat with less or equal power. I’m not sure if you’ve seen a Skater 388 parked next to a 33 Daytona, but the Skater is massive in comparison....

Anyways, I hope all is well GRADS & have a nice weekend!

You been laid yet?

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Fml, I just wasted 10 minutes reading the last 100 posts, to find out this wasn’t settled last night at 7. This thread should he in dungeon with all the other endless gibberish. [emoji849]

thanks for this post. I last read page 2 so I skipped to 7. Now I don’t have to go back.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

it was..

Christina said they made a mistake and if they could take it back they would.. their decision stands because that’s what they decided at the time.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
I drive a Ford Focus, have a blue collar job & am not very good looking....

That should answer your question, sir. My life is what it is.... I’ll die alone & I’m fine with it. No OC girl is going to look twice in my direction. I stopped trying in 2008.

POKE,You gotta start watching the RDP divorce threads. Obvious many of the wives getting ready to unload the Turkeys they been stuck with during the pandemic. :) :)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So after watching that debacle on facebook....cory is claiming he ran 174 and provided pictures. Where are the pics?

He provided this pic..
06DFA893-B4A5-478F-B292-65B701FB3B51.png

Which coincidentally matches the same speed as this pic when the boat was “LOTO Ready”
21A23D01-BCBC-4297-B809-414970831AFB.jpeg

So the gps read 178 before LOTO.. at LOTO the boat ran 160.

Then the gps recalled the “exact same speed” as pre LOTO on a 3/4 mile course . which was then followed up by another run of 160.

If anybody believes that gps has been reset from when it first got that number until now, I got a bridge for sale.

For Those unfamiliar with how those gauges work it has a recall. It will recall the highest number it has run, and keep recalling the same number until you push the reset button to zero it out again.

The same as this gauge which will do the same.. except the speed is higher now than it was in this pic.
74CF5CBF-AAF1-4182-8BD6-146F508A239B.jpeg

WATERDOG

Eliminator Eagle Flying free in the heavens above!
Reaction score
it was..

Christina said they made a mistake and if they could take it back they would.. their decision stands because that’s what they decided at the time.
A huge mistake. I make them all the time then do me best to correct them. Not stand by them.

Last edited:

hallett21

Reaction score
He provided this pic.. View attachment 997859

Which coincidentally matches the same speed as this pic when the boat was “LOTO Ready” View attachment 997861

Then the gps recalled the “exact same speed” as pre LOTO on a 3/4 mile course . which was then followed up by another run of 160.

If anybody believes that gps has been reset from when it first got that number until now, I got a bridge for sale.

For Those unfamiliar with how those gauges work it has a recall. It will recall the highest number it has run, and keep recalling the same number until you push the reset button to zero it out again.

The same as this gauge which will do the same.. except the speed is higher now than it was in this pic. View attachment 997865

Does it have its own battery? Or do you have to never shut off the batteries in the boat?

Heylam

Reaction score
RD, why are you involved in this. Shouldn’t it be left between the parties involved in the shoot out?

Joker

Reaction score
I drive a Ford Focus, have a blue collar job & am not very good looking....

That should answer your question, sir. My life is what it is.... I’ll die alone & I’m fine with it. No OC girl is going to look twice in my direction. I stopped trying in 2008.

You still have that POS Focus? Hope all is well👍🏻

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Yes Monrovia guy. Yes Able ran the R100 rotary, very fast. Scott Hassler was my fist race with my Turbo in 1987ish
Damn, Able was running for a long time! Also out of that area was Virgil, another rotatary thing...loud, really loud, and fast. Out east, Glendora, there was Gary. Gen II RX7...pretty quick. Covina/West Covina area was Ty, first efi rotary I saw running hard, had auxiliary injectors...big dog stuff in 1994.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
It will remember it even when you turn the batteries off. The speed is recorded on a circuit board and doesn’t require power to remember it
Does it have its own battery? Or do you have to never shut off the batteries in the boat?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
RD, why are you involved in this. Shouldn’t it be left between the parties involved in the shoot out?

I’ve known Gary, Vern & the rest of the WCD boys for a long time. Granted I don’t hang out down at WCD as much as I did when I was younger, but what happened wasn’t right.. There’s somethings I’m not gonna put online, but someone needed to say something on behalf of Gary.

Tank

Reaction score
He provided this pic.. View attachment 997859

Which coincidentally matches the same speed as this pic when the boat was “LOTO Ready” View attachment 997861

The same as this gauge which will do the same.. except the speed is higher now than it was in this pic. View attachment 997865

Let me help you out with that speedo. 😁 ;)

74CF5CBF-AAF1-4182-8BD6-146F508A239B.jpeg

Bugginout

Reaction score
Damn, Able was running for a long time! Also out of that area was Virgil, another rotatary thing...loud, really loud, and fast. Out east, Glendora, there was Gary. Gen II RX7...pretty quick. Covina/West Covina area was Ty, first efi rotary I saw running hard, had auxiliary injectors...big dog stuff in 1994.
My old boss steve shotroski held 2 Bonneville records with a rotary. He was a mazda engineer who opened a machine shop in monrovia on myrtle Avenue. He was the first guy to teach me about head porting in 92. Back then we opened the exhaust ports as large as we could lmao. Good times!

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
it was..

I agree with that but if the guy was stand up he would give the award back since its tainted anyway. Doing that would go a long way towards his character and the future of the event.

Dirtbag

Reaction score
I agree with that but if the guy was stand up he would give the award back since its tainted anyway. Doing that would go a long way towards his character and the future of the event.
perfectly said!!!! I am wondering how this guy looks in the mirror

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score

Well said. Or and I don’t know how any of it works. Show some results from the pass. I don’t know if anything is time stamped or not. But a legitimate reading from an onboard readout

28Eliminator

Reaction score
Well, that’s what ‘King of the Desert’ was, during the early 2005-2012 era & then in 2013 a silver M35 barrel-rolled around pilot rock & that was the end of that.... What sucks about that day is that the field was stacked. You had Gary’s P2 40ss, JT driving Roth’s 388, Tony in the 1350s M41 & a few others. That was going to be an epic run to the springs, but we will never know now.....

We have all seen the on-board videos of Predator one & the F34, then Predator 2 & Chip Romers 388, CRC & Bobbit’s Risky Business 40, then Predator 2 & Tony in the 1350s green M31.

With regards to this years shootout, it’s my understanding that it’s no longer a 1-mile course & has been shortened to a 3/4 course for safety? Well then, of course a 33ft boat with huge power is going to have an advantage over a 388 boat with less or equal power. I’m not sure if you’ve seen a Skater 388 parked next to a 33 Daytona, but the Skater is massive in comparison....

Anyways, I hope all is well GRADS & have a nice weekend!

Hi Steven... where you been?

hallett21

Reaction score
Yes it can.

Nice to see you back! Loved watching you rip P2.

You’re new one looks incredible [emoji1303].

Not directed at @skater40 but why not invest in 3-4 GPS transponders/trackers and cycle them as the participants go? Compare them to the radar gun and if there’s a discrepancy throw out the run.

These guys are throwing down 2-4k in fuel I’m sure they’ll pay another $200 to float the transponders, which they shouldn’t have to but that’s another thread.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score

He won’t because claiming it won the event effects the value of the boat down the road. Just like how he paid up the ass to buy a former storm winning boat.