WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Willow Valley? Looking for info

rpmsrup

Reaction score
Looking for info on Willow Valley, was looking at the homes up there, any info would be great. is it a nice place to own, how many of you have a place there

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Good friend of mine has had a place there for decades. I've been a few times.

Do you own a jet boat? The water is pretty damn shallow when it's low...

BingerFang

Reaction score
A good family friend of mine just bought a nice place up there a week ago for $160k and he is very excited.

rpmsrup

Reaction score
Good friend of mine has had a place there for decades. I've been a few times.

Do you own a jet boat? The water is pretty damn shallow when it's low...
Lol yes I do but would Keep my DCB there and use that, It is a outboard boat so really dont need alot of water once im going

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
The water isn't too bad if you head south from there. For about the first 1/4 to 1/2 mile, have to stay to the Az side...there's an island most times, so easy to see. After that, pretty much smooth sailing. Haven't been north of there in some time though. There used to be a bunch of little sandbar type areas to look out for just south of Avi.

The new Wallyworld is real close, that is a plus. River Valley Auto Parts is real close too, and he stocked lots of marine stuff.

We looked there when we sold our last river pad. Opted to go a different route, wanted a large lot and closer off roading. We're kinda half ass snow birds. We go as much during winter as summer

Willow Rat

Reaction score
Been a weekender for over 20 years. Great place. It is getting more crowded with all the new homes being built. The marina is the gem of the community. That stretch of the river can be tricky but once you learn how to read it there is no issues.

MOISTURE MISSILE

Reaction score
Looking for info on Willow Valley, was looking at the homes up there, any info would be great. is it a nice place to own, how many of you have a place there

It’s an awesome place. The community of people are what sets it apart. Rock bars scare away some people which is a plus. Once you know how to navigate the River you will be fine.

@Don Johnson would run his F32 with no issues and his 33 Daytona before that. @FlyByWire knows what a hidden gem Willow Valley is as well.

I am here all the time if you’re in town let me know and I’ll show you around.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Lol yes I do but would Keep my DCB there and use that, It is a outboard boat so really dont need alot of water once im going

The place it's self is ok. It's like a small community there, and like in any community, there are nice areas, and not so nice areas. I'm talking like tweakers and shit.

Plus, I wouldn't want to be on the outside edge next to the fields. There are cropdusters flying and spraying who knows what on those fields regularly. I wouldn't want those chemicals all over My stuff!

The launch ramp is insanity on a busy weekend, so plan on boating mid week.

One if my friends had a place there and sold it. Pretty sure he took a loss. My other friend lives there full time, but heads to Williams during the summer months (if that tells you anything).

Get a solid handle on what you are getting into, before you buy anything there. Especially the long term property values. 👍

rpmsrup

Reaction score
Thank you for the help and info guys really appreciate it

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
It’s an awesome place. The community of people are what sets it apart. Rock bars scare away some people which is a plus. Once you know how to navigate the River you will be fine.

@Don Johnson would run his F32 with no issues and his 33 Daytona before that. @FlyByWire knows what a hidden gem Willow Valley is as well.

I am here all the time if you’re in town let me know and I’ll show you around.

Indeed. Our place in Willow Valley and all the friends we made there 100% changed (saved) my life.

I’ll take the Willow Valley launch ramp on a busy weekend over any other ramp I’ve ever been to on a busy weekend.

We had our place there for 4 years and never had an issue with tweakers, but they’re there. Everyone pretty much looks out for everyone else. Some will tell you to look into Cimaron Lakes, which still has marina access, but it’s not the “same” as Willow Valley in terms of community.

RCDave

Reaction score
We had a place there for over 20 years. Great section of river, private launch ramp, nice people, and lots of stuff to do. Off reading, shooting, etc.

Local water knowledge is a plus. We ran a deep v sterndrive 25'er for many years and never dinged a prop.

Later in summer, it's best to launch after 12 noon.

I loved being able to run north or south from there. Nice it's up river from the riff raff below needles bridge. Or you can run down to topok or Havasu and it's a decent mileage run

Xring01

Reaction score
My buddy lives there, off Aspen Dr. I launched and retrieved several times during Desert Storm, never waited once. Seriously not once. Drove straight to launch ramp every launch and every retrieve with no one in front of us.

tThat alone is worth it in my opinion.

Moabifam5

Reaction score
Bought a place on the Tree side last year and best move we made. Love the place, neighbors and area of the River. Good luck..

thmterry

Reaction score
I have been there since 04 and it changes every year. Lots of good friends to be had but in the summer the weekenders bring all their friends and the place can end up being a mess. If you can go midweek it is one of the best places on the river. Lots of new money coming in making my place worth more money every year 🥳 🥳 🥳

Last edited:

riverbrian

Chloe's Dad
Reaction score
Tree side since 2015. Easy on the budget, and family friendly.
I think it was the only open river beach for miles during the bs last year.
I launch at jack smith, but really need to learn the path out of the marina. Great docks and easy launch.

buck35

Reaction score
The place it's self is ok. It's like a small community there, and like in any community, there are nice areas, and not so nice areas. I'm talking like tweakers and shit.

Plus, I wouldn't want to be on the outside edge next to the fields. There are cropdusters flying and spraying who knows what on those fields regularly. I wouldn't want those chemicals all over My stuff!

The launch ramp is insanity on a busy weekend, so plan on boating mid week.

One if my friends had a place there and sold it. Pretty sure he took a loss. My other friend lives there full time, but heads to Williams during the summer months (if that tells you anything).

Get a solid handle on what you are getting into, before you buy anything there. Especially the long term property values. 👍
FYI as a farmer, today's chemicals are very target specific and expensive as hell. That's not to mention the trouble you can get into with overspray and or drift. YMMV

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
FYI as a farmer, today's chemicals are very target specific and expensive as hell. That's not to mention the trouble you can get into with overspray and or drift. YMMV

Understood.

But when you have a dwelling lets say...

The width of a dirt road away from a field, do you think no over spray will get on the cars, boats, houses right next to said field?

I totally believe what you're saying, trust me on that. It just doesn't sound safe to me.

On the plus side...

Those said houses shouldn't have any bug problems, right?

😝

Baldskinner

Reaction score
Understood.

But when you have a dwelling lets say...

The width of a dirt road away from a field, do you think no over spray will get on the cars, boats, houses right next to said field?

I totally believe what you're saying, trust me on that. It just doesn't sound safe to me.

On the plus side...

Those said houses shouldn't have any bug problems, right?

😝
That spraying does not seem to help with the mosquitoe.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
That spraying does not seem to help with the mosquitoe.

Hi, and welcome!

It's been a whole bunch of years since I've been out there. I knew three or four people with places there, but only one of em is still there. She's had a place there forever, last row against the river.

I'm sure she had to deal with the mosquitoes! 😝

Baldskinner

Reaction score
Hi, and welcome!

It's been a whole bunch of years since I've been out there. I knew three or four people with places there, but only one of em is still there. She's had a place there forever, last row against the river.

I'm sure she had to deal with the mosquitoes! 😝
Yea that was my attempt at being funny.