WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Homeowners Insurance **Lake Arrowhead**

Big D

Reaction score
Need some help with homeowners insurance for our home in Lake Arrowhead.

Due to the passing of Prop 19, we had to transfer the ownership of the property and need to secure homeowners insurance. I've contacted a couple agents and just get the runaround. I understand that due to it being in a fire zone, most companies are not writing policies or you need to go through the a FAIR plan. Just want to work with someone that is straight forward, no BS and can help me navigate through the process.

Any referrals or agents on here that could help?

Thanks

klotsac

Reaction score
We have a place in Shaver Lake and went through the same thing.
Had to go through the California Fair Plan. Try contacting Max Cotta with New Horizon Insurance Services in Fresno. His # 559-906-4070.

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
Our family cabin in Arrowhead Highlands had to go through California Fair Plan .

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
Need some help with homeowners insurance for our home in Lake Arrowhead.

Due to the passing of Prop 19, we had to transfer the ownership of the property and need to secure homeowners insurance. I've contacted a couple agents and just get the runaround. I understand that due to it being in a fire zone, most companies are not writing policies or you need to go through the a FAIR plan. Just want to work with someone that is straight forward, no BS and can help me navigate through the process.

Any referrals or agents on here that could help?

Thanks
California fair plan is pretty much the only thing that you can do right up here right now buddy. You might want to check with Wawanesa. I think my neighbor in Running Springs went that route. Or if you are a veteran or have a family member who is serving or a Vet. Look at USAA. Those are pretty much your only options right now.
Good luck. If you need anything else or advise feel free to PM me. I've been up here over 40 years.

Chevy5150

Reaction score
Try this company. They were able to insure my MIL home in Arrowhead.

Doug Moore Agency
909-463-6716

DanG

Reaction score
I used Russ Humphry's for our place in Big Bear. As mentioned the California fair plan was the only option the last few years. Anyway, I felt that Russ Humphrys did a good job shopping plans and getting us the best options. I believe our last policy was covered through Lloyds of London, but Humphry's took care of everything for a small fee.

Russ Humphreys & Assoc.
Insurance Agency
PO Box 6811
Big Bear Lake, CA 92315
Phone 800/675-2228
Fax 909/878-5356
[email protected]

Jimmyv

Reaction score
We have a little place in Big Bear, had trouble finding insurance originally (back in ‘15). Agent was able to get us a policy underwritten by Loyds of London. Then watched the already high annual premium increase every year (doubled one year). Each time it did we would call insurance agencies and they all told me I was lucky to be offered insurance at all. Due to the fires over the last few years most companies will not write a policy there anymore.

Last year that premium came in at over 5k. NOPE.

Now we have the California Fair plan and a secondary policy they referred to as a ‘wrap around’ policy. Basically covers things the Fair Plan would not (we also AirBnB it on and off through the year).

We used Big Bear Insurance
909 866-3441

Keep in mind, people up there are all on what the wife and I call ‘Big Bear Time’ Everyone’s a little slower and not necessarily organized. We see this in a lot of the services up there.

Seas

Reaction score
We have a 2nd home in Big Bear Lake as well.
We are with American Security Insurance (877/893-5739)