WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I foresee a potential quandary…

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
I’ll try to make this as short as possible.
So me and the wife found out we’re gonna be grandparents a few weeks ago. Gender reveal was Tuesday. It’s a boy, no surprise as there aren’t any girls on my side of the family.
Well, he’s due late October/ early November.
Anyway the kid and his wife are, I’d say, fairly indoctrinated.
In other words they might limit visits according to vaccination status.
I don’t know for a fact, yet, that it will come down to that but the potential is there.
So where or when does a person draw the line or just erase it?

grumpy88

Reaction score
We got the normal booster b.s. shots 7 years ago when our grandson was born . No way in hell would i let my child dictate terms over covid . Sorry to be that way but its just not right to hold that over a parent

stoker

Reaction score
It’s the opposite for me. My daughter had a baby a year ago and is planning her wedding for later this month. She says if you have been vaccinated don’t bother showing up because she is afraid of shedding. At first I thought it was just her hippie paronoia until I did a little research and determined that she might be on to something.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
So me and the wife found out we’re gonna be grandparents a few weeks ago. Gender reveal was Tuesday. It’s a boy, no surprise as there aren’t any girls on my side of the family.
I don’t know for a fact, yet, that it will come down to that but the potential is there.

My daughter was born 1 year ago on the 3rd. My wife's parents and my mom all live in Hawaii. None of them could be here for the birth. My in laws and my mom made every effort to be here as much as they could post birth at great personal/time cost to them while dealing with the fucking democratic hysteria/stupidity. (My MIL burned 3 weeks of vacation to spend 6 days here due to the 2 week quarantine rule...) We have traveled both ways with Mak.. She's flown to havasu 4x, drove another 4x...hell she gets to spend time with her great grandma in Havasu (she is at prestige), as well as a plethora of other people young and old. @DILLIGAF played peekaboo with her this week, and its the first time he met her. We take her everywhere..she sits in grocery carts, fly's on planes, goes to the lake etc. My kid will have an immune system, and has done just fine. The kids being kept in bubbles are going to have some issues down the road. I have friends who have kids the same age I've never met. Thats a big nope on us. We got "vaccinated" on the single dose J&J shot.. for the sole reason of avoiding Hawaii Quarantine..otherwise we would have never done it..we both already had it.

While it is their kid, and you must respect their opinions..you have every right to tell them how absolutely fucking stupid they are. Just my opinion..but then again I voted for big don.
tempImagekmn7ma.png

Last edited:

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
You scared to get the vaccine?

GRADS

Reaction score
You will NEVER get it.. You would bow down and suck the powdery cum out of Biden's dong if directed.

Side note...I usually enjoy your trolling..but come on..even you aren't that dense.
I got the vaccine because I know many people that had Covid and I don't want it nor do I want to give it to someone else. The only side effect I had from the vaccine was I went from from a solid 10" to a full 12".👍

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
I got the vaccine because I know many people that had Covid and I don't want it nor do I want to give it to someone else. I only side effect I had from the vaccine was I went from from a solid 10" to a full 12".👍

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

damnit greg. you did it again. Only thing it did to me was make me drink more fuckin white claws 🤣

I've had it..it wasn't pleasant...hawaii gave a pass after the 11th and thats why we did it. We need to go deal with some shit business wise and have Mak's first Bday party..so vaccine it was.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
I got the vaccine because I know many people that had Covid and I don't want it nor do I want to give it to someone else. The only side effect I had from the vaccine was I went from from a solid 10" to a full 12".👍

Lol you are still contagious with the vaccine. So that doesn’t logic out there buddy. Way to just eat the hype.

HitIt

Reaction score
You scared to get the vaccine?
There are plenty of things on earth that are probably harmless if you inject them into your body. Should you inject them into your body if you don't need them? Not everyone needs the vaccine to be fine.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Are you talking about hospital visitation or your kid? If it’s the hospital, you should be able to get in, unless there’s another spike, but will probably be limited to one or two visitors a day, possibly 2 at a time, but it depends on the hospital. They don’t care about vaccination status.

If you are talking about your son refusing visitation until you are vaccinated, well that’s a conversation to have with him. And if you really want to see your grandchild, get the vaccine.

Kbach

Reaction score

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
I got the vaccine but those pieces of paper they give you are a joke. Anyone could forge those things. No hologram or any other counter measures. If you’re going to a concert say, how close are they gonna look at a piece of paper a 14 year old could duplicate?

GRADS

Reaction score
There are plenty of things on earth that are probably harmless if you inject them into your body. Should you inject them into your body if you don't need them? Not everyone needs the vaccine to be fine.
The vaccine was probably the least harmless thing I have put in my body.🤣👍

GRADS

Reaction score
So some of you guys are suggesting he lie to his son. Solid.👍

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Napa.... I'd at least attempt to talk to them calmly about it with facts when it gets closer. Stick to the pediatric facts of the excessively low infection and mortality rate for children. If they still won't budge.... thats gonna be a personal call on your part, and I'm sorry you have to deal with that.
I got the vaccine because I know many people that had Covid and I don't want it nor do I want to give it to someone else. The only side effect I had from the vaccine was I went from from a solid 10" to a full 12".[emoji106]
Nobody knows what this vaccine will do to the human body in 5... 10.... 15 years. Or at different stages of life (pregnancy, puberty for the minors that are forced to take it, long term effects to those with other complications, etc..). Back in the 1800's opium was great for most ailments... until it was figured out what long term effects it has on the body.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Napa.... I'd at least attempt to talk to them calmly about it with facts when it gets closer. Stick to the pediatric facts of the excessively low infection and mortality rate for children. If they still won't budge.... thats gonna be a personal call on your part, and I'm sorry you have to deal with that.Nobody knows what this vaccine will do to the human body in 5... 10.... 15 years. Or at different stages of life (pregnancy, puberty for the minors that are forced to take it, long term effects to those with other complications, etc..). Back in the 1800's opium was great for most ailments... until it was figured out what long term effects it has on the body.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
What sucks is they outlawed cocaine out of Coca Cola. Would’ve liked to have tried that. :D

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
What is an unregistered firearm in Cali?

Sbr
Select fire

Yeah right. It’s probably a pistol not on the cali safe list

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
With Pedo Joe inspiring ½ of America to give up things aren't likely to change anytime soon. To think so is to be a COCKeyed optimist

f308Bz3M.jpg

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score

dnewps

Banned
Reaction score
Vaccine? You mean experimental gene therapy? Trumpcine?? You have more trust than me. If it was my kid I would set him straight. Grandkids aren’t harmed by the CCP virus. My body my choice.

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
With Pedo Joe inspiring ½ of America to give up things aren't likely to change anytime soon. To think so is to be a COCKeyed optimist

f308Bz3M.jpg
I’d like to keep this post on the lounge. 😁

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
At the end of the day, I respect my pops. If I were in your sons situation, I would let you visit. I would ASSUME the request is coming from his better half. And if so, you see the quandary. I have learned to put my wife before my parents, and you pretty much have to for a relationship to be successful. Again, I would have a heart to heart with your son.

HighVoltage329

Reaction score
Not scared in the least. I don’t appreciate being told to do something that isn’t anywhere guaranteed to do as advertised.
I my opinion your kids are well within their rights. Your going to make them give you an ultimatum? Think of what this will do to your family. I really don't understand your reasoning. The risk is extremely low.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Of course I already saw this story.

You are well aware that getting the vax, will not prevent you from getting the virus, or transferring it.

As much as it sucks, sometimes we have to be the dad, and do what dad's should do.

Have a talk with him now and explain how it works to him. He might not agree right away, but it will give him time to think about it.

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
At the end of the day, I respect my pops. If I were in your sons situation, I would let you visit. I would ASSUME the request is coming from his better half. And if so, you see the quandary. I have learned to put my wife before my parents, and you pretty much have to for a relationship to be successful. Again, I would have a heart to heart with your son.
Best advice so far. It isn’t pick or choose yet and I’m pretty sure it won’t end up there.
As far as the request I think they listen to CDC guidance or something along those lines.
Me and my wife are usually on the same page but grand kid on the way has her emotions on overload.

Tom Slick

Reaction score
When are you guys going to understand that this so-called vaccine is not in fact a vaccine. It does not prevent you from getting the virus, it does not prevent you from carrying the virus and it does not prevent you from passing on the virus to others. So whether you have been vaccinated or not is completely irrelevant. You can still get the virus and you can still give the virus.

GRADS

Reaction score
Best advice so far. It isn’t pick or choose yet and I’m pretty sure it won’t end up there.
As far as the request I think they listen to CDC guidance or something along those lines.
Me and my wife are usually on the same page but grand kid on the way has her emotions on overload.
Isn't she vaccinated?

Boat 405

Reaction score
When they need a break and need grandparents to give them a night away. It will happen pretty quick

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score

With no disrespect intended, it can be difficult for a mother to let her son go to their wife, especially if the son is an only child. I’ve been there. My wife and I are high school sweethearts, which makes things a LITTLE easier I think, but it’s still difficult for the son. I put my wife first, but my mom is a little crazy lol... but they all are with their sons. I would get the first shot just to keep them happy and maintain peace. I know they moved across country, that can make things harder. If the move was your DIL idea you have your answer. All you can really do is support your son. My dad is my world. And my mom can be difficult. My old lady is awesome, and is very accommodating, but I always side with my old
Lady- unless she is being unreasonable. Then I put my foot down. Difficult position to be in.

HBCraig

Reaction score
When are you guys going to understand that this so-called vaccine is not in fact a vaccine. It does not prevent you from getting the virus, it does not prevent you from carrying the virus and it does not prevent you from passing on the virus to others. So whether you have been vaccinated or not is completely irrelevant. You can still get the virus and you can still give the virus.
Bingo. It DOES NOT prevent you from getting the virus

Singleton

Reaction score
My parents got the vaccine (Dad and his wife, mom and her husband)
They were refusing to visit me or allow me to visit them until my wife and I are vaccinated. So no grandma and grandpa time for my daughter.
They have been told, we have unaddressed medical questions and if you are vaccinated what is the risk to you? They did not have an answer, so I told them see you at your funeral. That woke them up and now my dad is visiting later this month and my mom is taking my daughter for a week in June.