WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

ZellePay

CLdrinker

Reaction score
WTF is ZellePay?
Had a guy stand me up this morning to buy my Jeep shocks.
Then he rescheduled to come to me. Checks everything out and tried to pay me with ZellePay.

Sorry any private transaction is cash I thought everyone knew that. If you want to pay some other way you mention it before hand.

Ass hole wasted my whole day.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Yea kinda dick on his part. Zelle is another version of cashapp/Venmo etc.

Singleton

Reaction score
zelle is BofA’s version on Venmo.
same as cash IMO

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
It's BULLSHIT!!! I want the folding stuff only!! Nothing can happen with folding money once it's in my hand!!

cold_one

Reaction score
WTF is ZellePay?
Had a guy stand me up this morning to buy my Jeep shocks.
Then he rescheduled to come to me. Checks everything out and tried to pay me with ZellePay.

Sorry any private transaction is cash I thought everyone knew that. If you want to pay some other way you mention it before hand.

Ass hole wasted my whole day.

I am going to guess your the guy at the grocery store paying with exact change or by check every time.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I am going to guess your the guy at the grocery store paying with exact change or by check every time.
You realize this tool bag stood me up and wasted 1.5hrs of my time and never once mentioned not paying in cash.
BTW does the grocery store take ZellePay?

I carry cash, debit card and credit card. All change is given to my kids.

Last edited:

Singleton

Reaction score
You realize this tool bag stood me up and water 1.5hrs of my time and never once mentioned not paying in cash.
BTW does the grocery store take ZellePay?

I carry cash, debit card and credit card. All change is given to my kids.

During DS, I paid at the boathous via electronic payment since I forgot my wallet.
times are changing - few folks carry cash anymore

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Might as well take a page out of 2FF’s book

$500
C87F4DC4-A020-4283-A818-FD600183C1FB.jpeg

CLdrinker

Reaction score
During DS, I paid at the boathous via electronic payment since I forgot my wallet.
times are changing - few folks carry cash anymore
I get that and people are free to do whatever they want. But I am not required to read someone’s mind.
Wonder what his drive back to Murrieta from Apple Valley was like without his shocks.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
I do Zelle stuff all the time. Never an issue. I never carry cash, don't need it unless its for the ice cream truck. I even told him to get a cube. LOL I would buy much more if he did.

But I agree he should have asked before coming down to look at the shocks.

While we're on the topic of cash, have you seem how good counterfeiters are? Serious, I watched a show about a month ago and they guys have it down pat!!

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I do Zelle stuff all the time. Never an issue. I never carry cash, don't need it unless its for the ice cream truck. I even told him to get a cube. LOL I would buy much more if he did.

But I agree he should have asked before coming down to look at the shocks.

While we're on the topic of cash, have you seem how good counterfeiters are? Serious, I watched a show about a month ago and they guys have it down pat!!
If these payment apps are so great and full proof why don’t all retail stores have it? Sure would save them on credit and debit card machines.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
I’ve been using Zelle for a few years now. It’s imbedded in my Credit Unions App so it’s very secure.

Although I agree I wouldn’t want to spring that surprise on a stranger without asking if it’s ok ahead of time. I usually always bring cash doing an in person transaction. It’s a lot easier to swing a deal when you flash the greenies 🤩.

I would have told him where the nearest ATM is located to go exchange his Zelle Bucks 😜

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
If these payment apps are so great and full proof why don’t all retail stores have it? Sure would save them on credit and debit card machines.

Its not an app. Its a service that Bank of America provides. You would need to login to the web site or through BofA 's app. I don't trust those other weird app's either. BofA makes it clear that once you send the money its gone and you cant get it back. Even if you send it to the wrong person. It works very well, at least for me.

Water Romper

Reaction score
I use Zelle pay through my Wells Fargo account, Wife does too. We use it to jockey funds from 1 account to another (the ones that are NOT linked) and also pay some creditors (like landlords and mortgage companies) Works really easy and is as safe as on line banking can be.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I’ve been using Zelle for a few years now. It’s imbedded in my Credit Unions App so it’s very secure.

Although I agree I wouldn’t want to spring that surprise on a stranger without asking if it’s ok ahead of time. I usually always bring cash doing an in person transaction. It’s a lot easier to swing a deal when you flash the greenies 🤩.

I would have told him where the nearest ATM is located to go exchange his Zelle Bucks 😜
He refused to deal in cash

Gonefishin5555

Reaction score
I take zelle at my office. I get an immediate text notification that the money has been deposited into my business bank account. No fucking credit card fees!!

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
I Zelle with family (Mom and Brother). Not with strangers. Several banks offer it. No fees. Actually works great. Apple Pay works well with strangers, so does Venmo.

the guy should have ran payment method by you first not at time of transaction.

Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score
twiki.jpg
Look it's coming, throw your cash away now:rolleyes: Zelle is great my Credit union has it, no fees no hassle. Instant pay. Soon my kids will be asking me for lunch money on it, they are 10 and 7. 😂

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
I have worked out quite a few transactions with payment apps to members here on RDP. Makes it really convenient and it's more secure than cash really. Can't be counterfeited.

To each their own.

badgas

Reaction score
Since paypal added fees to send cash Venmo and Zelle are pretty simple.

If someone sends you a venmo they can not reverse the charge. I took a deposit for a car a few weeks back and then he met me a few days later with Cash.

boatnam2

Reaction score
I use Zelle pay for everything via my chase bank account, never had a issue. Venmo is even easier but lots of people wont use a phone app, you know the whole government is watching deal.

calkid

Reaction score
Zelle and other similar services are not "cash sales". CASH is a "cash sale", anything else creates a transaction record. If you are not concerned about big brother knowing every detail about your personal business just keep doing your thing. There are plenty of us that agree with bldrinker and feel the same way.

Cobalt232

Reaction score
My daughter's landlord in San Francisco was one of the team that originally developed Zelle.

He will only take a check for rent...

Bajastu

Reaction score
I always ask how the seller wants to be paid. Cash works and so does Zelle.
Zelle is the most secure way for electronic transfer under $2,500

Badchoices03

Reaction score
My daughter's landlord in San Francisco was one of the team that originally developed Zelle.

He will only take a check for rent...

hes probably one of the guys that got cut out of the deal, and now hes just bitter and wont use it...lol

I get it though, my wife and mom are the same way, they refuse to use any app....me, I couldn't careless if the government tracks the fact I sold some old truck parts to my neighbor and he zelle'd me the money while he was on vacation in another country...

boatnam2

Reaction score
Buying golf clubs and other stuff on ebay or craigslist I use ZELLE, Lunch at work Venmo. All my other stuff like machine guns, cocaine, stuff like that I stay with cash. Of course like every RDP member, wheel & tires, boats and carne Asada always cash.