WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Yes, People ARE leaving California

samsah33

Reaction score
Keep in mind that this is a net number, which means more people actually left and were then replaced by other newcomers moving into the state. The report doesn't get into that much detail, but I'd be willing to bet that many newcomers were economic refugees that replaced solid taxpayers. This churn will have more of an adverse fiscal impact on CA than a simple reduction in population.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
1620433262264.png

Universal Elements

Reaction score
When I was at MVD, the girl told me that there’s 10,000+ individuals that are moving their stuff from California to Arizona every month. I see it every day on the 40 all the U-Haul’s and hertz trucks towing trailers with California cars on them and several other cars following them.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Keep in mind that this is a net number, which means more people actually left and were then replaced by other newcomers moving into the state. The report doesn't get into that much detail, but I'd be willing to bet that many newcomers were economic refugees that replaced solid taxpayers. This churn will have more of an adverse fiscal impact on CA than a simple reduction in population.
Illegals more than likely

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Today i left Benicia, a great lil town. Moving to Sunrise Beach @ Lake of the Ozarks permanently. Can't afford CA, hate the political bullshit, loved the boating & great friends. We didn't own a home so paying $3k+ per month in rent was mentally killing me. Bought 3+ acres with huge garage & walk to my own dock, no hoa, under 300k.
I'm in Elko, NV towing our boat to our new home @ LOTO & I'm beyond excited to start our new chapter in our lives.
Best of luck to everyone that stays in CA. I did my 8 year sentence there & now I'm out, thankfully.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Today i left Benicia, a great lil town. Moving to Sunrise Beach @ Lake of the Ozarks permanently. Can't afford CA, hate the political bullshit, loved the boating & great friends. We didn't own a home so paying $3k+ per month in rent was mentally killing me. Bought 3+ acres with huge garage & walk to my own dock, no hoa, under 300k.
I'm in Elko, NV towing our boat to our new home @ LOTO & I'm beyond excited to start our new chapter in our lives.
Best of luck to everyone that stays in CA. I did my 8 year sentence there & now I'm out, thankfully.
Say hi to Marty and Wendy when you get settled.🤗

caribbean20

Reaction score
Benicia is a great lil town. My sis has been there for 20+ years. We visit often.

Too funny because we are also looking at Lake of the Ozarks for a vacation home, my dream of a house on a lake. Osage, Sunrise, Four Seasons, we’ve looked all over. Such a great place for boating and recreation. Many people from Chicago, St. Louis and KC have vacation homes there.

Congrats on the move. Big change in political climate, CA to MO. I think you’ll enjoy it.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Super cool. LOTO appears to be like Havasu on steroids. Watched plenty of posts on OSO over the years. Definitely on my bucket list. Your Skater is the perfect boat for LOTO. Congrats!

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
They are literally flooding this state with people. (Illegals).
For the net number to still be negative after the massive influx into the state is remarkable

bk2drvr

Reaction score
I travel a lot for for work and meet people from all over the country. They think I’m so lucky to live in California and it’s all beaches, palm trees, beautiful people, and warm weather all year long. Many I meet have plans to move here and I don’t have the heart to tell them how shitty it is.

I often wonder how many people put time, effort and expense into moving to SoCal from other parts of the country and then arrive only to be sorely disappointed a couple years later.

golakers

Reaction score
Benicia is a great lil town. My sis has been there for 20+ years. We visit often.

Too funny because we are also looking at Lake of the Ozarks for a vacation home, my dream of a house on a lake. Osage, Sunrise, Four Seasons, we’ve looked all over. Such a great place for boating and recreation. Many people from Chicago, St. Louis and KC have vacation homes there.

Congrats on the move. Big change in political climate, CA to MO. I think you’ll enjoy it.
Bought a lot on LOTO in Feb. Can‘t wait to build. But need build prices to come back down.

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Less population...awesome! The more that move the better. I'm hoping to pick up a house in Malibu once everyone leaves.
I believe you mean you can rent it from the Gardner

JDub24

American Bad-Ass!!
Reaction score
Unfortunately for you and those like you the people leaving feel the same way you do. Eventually everyone has their fill of bullshit and dictatorship and leave. I would be one of those. 43 years in CA and don’t ever plan on returning. Left all of our family there (both mine and my wife’s) to provide more freedom and a better way of life for our kids.
I wish you good luck.... you and Caitlin or going to need it.

Keep them moving out. Then we can take our state back, from the fascist scum bags that ruined it.

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Unfortunately for you and those like you the people leaving feel the same way you do. Eventually everyone has their fill of bullshit and dictatorship and leave. I would be one of those. 43 years in CA and don’t ever plan on returning. Left all of our family there (both mine and my wife’s) to provide more freedom and a better way of life for our kids.
I wish you good luck.... you and Caitlin or going to need it.

To each their own for sure, and I don't want to start a bashing contest, too old, for that waste of time!

Mind you I can only speak to the bay area Nor Cal. and I am "older" and no bleeding heart liberal.
I just am not sure what all this freedom I am loosing is, now it does cost a bit more to live here, I have to support the "less fortunate", but along with that are some of the highest wages in the country and we know how much equity builds up in real estate, you can run right over your capitol gains exemptions in quick order if you dont pay attention. I learned long ago, only look at your retirement accounts once a quarter and don't waste time adding the deductions on your check both of those will end you in the loony bin IMO. Just work smart and pay your dues up front and at some point you will be ahead of the game even in CA.

We can buy guns, just have to wait a bit, and selection is somewhat limited, doesn't really affect me since I plan on shooting them for years to come. Kinda like waiting for a custom boat, just have to be patient.
We shoot our guns, dont have a 50cal machine gun but don't really need or want that, I do have a whole lot of other ones to have fun with.
CCWs are readily available with residency outside of the largest metropolitan areas, again no where as easy as other parts of the country that is for sure but for a huge part of CA its doable.
I have a choice for boating on The delta, Camanche, Hogans, Melones, Tulloch, Pedro, Mcclure and Mcswain all within a couple hours max. Little further gets you beardsley or bullards bar even oroville isnt all that far, if you want a week or two vacation hit up shasta, or trinity that is a beautiful lake. Most of those only having a few weeks where 100 degree days pop up.
WE DO NOT HAVE ANY LAKE NEAR THE HAVASU OR THE PARKER STRIP ATMOSPHERE, THAT IS FOR SURE! Except maybe the Delta!
We ride dirt bikes and fourwheel in the sierras from fresno to shasta red sticker green sticker, so many ways to cross that bridge!
We hunt the sierras and fish for salmon in the trinity river
Snow ski all over the sierras in the winter, just a couple hours out.
All with the best average weather in the country hands down, I can't tell you how many thread I see on here where people post they had such a great day on the water all because the weather was so nice, we get that 90% of the time between May and September
You do have to pay to play here but I think the price is worth it. JUST MY OPINION! Every now and then I just feel obligated to argue the other side thats all!

To each their own, enjoy your new life I truly hope it is all you want and the best for your family. Don't worry I will keep Catlyn locked down over here as long as you buy me a beer if we ever cross paths 🍻

carry on!

Last edited:

JDub24

American Bad-Ass!!
Reaction score
Well said and I agree that geographically CA is hard to beat.
Here’s the thing that I realized and some of your statements back it up. Because you and I lived in CA for so long we begin to rationalize certain things like “helping the less fortunate “ now means hundreds of thousands of immigrants, mentally ill that should be in some sort of institution getting real help, not government handouts and free hotel rooms by the beach to do drugs and God knows what else.
As far as easy access to firearms and second amendment stuff obviously CA is not as friendly as almost every other state. Again, we say “it’s only a two week waiting period” and “I don’t need that type of this or that” but that defeats the point of our in alienable God given rights that the constitution and the amendments give us. Slowly government (both state and big gov) are removing bits and pieces so that we become comfortable with or rationalize the little things that “we really don’t need”.
As far as housing and wages go I am make more than I was in CA by a fair amount (I cut myself short on my wages) and the housing market is as hot if not hotter here than pretty much anywhere else in the US. I have a friend that bought a house here last year in June for 650k. His same plan with about half of the upgrades just pre-sold (won’t start construction for 4 months) for 1.4 mil. It’s a 3k foot, 1/4 acre lot tract house. Again we (I did it too) rationalize “wages” as a reason to pay more for pretty much everything (CA to be the highest taxed state in the union shortly) and those taxes benefit you how...?? Defund the police? Illegals getting in person teaching while my kids have been home for a year? Most expensive fuel in the country? God awful local and state government that wants to keep you locked down like a dog? Nope... couldn’t do it anymore. Like you said and I totally agree... to each their own.

I moved to a Northern state and I will say it’s not perfect or a utopia just by changing zip codes but I believed that it was a better fit for raising kids. I pray that CA residents get that break they need and throw Newsome out of office (should be in prison but that’s another conversation). My feeling is that if that even if that happens the state has irreparable damage that would take 10-20 years to begin to fix and the amount of money to do so will only come from your pocket( how’s more than 50% of your income sound). The wage gap is growing every time some moves out of CA as the majority of the people moving are the 30-40+ age group who are the middle income folks that collectively pay the lions share of the taxes. You will be left with the rich and the government funded poor so guess who gets to help out the “less fortunate “.
I pray for people like you and all other people that things change but I couldn’t stick it out anymore.

Thank you for the well written insight and opinions and speaking for yourself and not a side. By your demeanor I can tell you are what CA needs.

To each their own for sure, and I don't want to start a bashing contest, too old, for that waste of time!

Mind you I can only speak to the bay area Nor Cal. and I am "older" and no bleeding heart liberal.
I just am not sure what all this freedom I am loosing is, now it does cost a bit more to live here, I have to support the "less fortunate", but along with that are some of the highest wages in the country and we know how much equity builds up in real estate, you can run right over your capitol gains exemptions in quick order if you dont pay attention. I learned long ago, only look at your retirement accounts once a quarter and don't waste time adding the deductions on your check both of those will end you in the loony bin IMO. Just work smart and pay your dues up front and at some point you will be ahead of the game even in CA.

We can buy guns, just have to wait a bit, and selection is somewhat limited, doesn't really affect me since I plan on shooting them for years to come. Kinda like waiting for a custom boat, just have to be patient.
We shoot our guns, dont have a 50cal machine gun but don't really need or want that, I do have a whole lot of other ones to have fun with.
CCWs are readily available with residency outside of the largest metropolitan areas, again no where as easy as other parts of the country that is for sure but for a huge part of CA its doable.
I have a choice for boating on The delta, Camanche, Hogans, Melones, Tulloch, Pedro, Mcclure and Mcswain all within a couple hours max. Little further gets you beardsley or bullards bar even oroville isnt all that far, if you want a week or two vacation hit up shasta, or trinity that is a beautiful lake. Most of those only having a few weeks where 100 degree days pop up.
WE DO NOT HAVE ANY LAKE NEAR THE HAVASU OR THE PARKER STRIP ATMOSPHERE, THAT IS FOR SURE! Except maybe the Delta!
We ride dirt bikes and fourwheel in the sierras from fresno to shasta red sticker green sticker, so many ways to cross that bridge!
All with the best average weather in the country hands down, I can't tell you how many thread I see on here where people post they had such a great day on the water all because the weather was so nice, we get that 90% of the time between May and September
You do have to pay to play here but I think the price is worth it. JUST MY OPINION! Every now and then I just feel obligated to argue the other side thats all!

To each their own, enjoy your new life I truly hope it is all you want and the best for your family. Don't worry I will keep Catlyn locked down over here as long as you buy me a beer if we ever cross paths 🍻

carry on!

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Well said and I agree that geographically CA is hard to beat.
Here’s the thing that I realized and some of your statements back it up. Because you and I lived in CA for so long we begin to rationalize certain things like “helping the less fortunate “ now means hundreds of thousands of immigrants, mentally ill that should be in some sort of institution getting real help, not government handouts and free hotel rooms by the beach to do drugs and God knows what else.
As far as easy access to firearms and second amendment stuff obviously CA is not as friendly as almost every other state. Again, we say “it’s only a two week waiting period” and “I don’t need that type of this or that” but that defeats the point of our in alienable God given rights that the constitution and the amendments give us. Slowly government (both state and big gov) are removing bits and pieces so that we become comfortable with or rationalize the little things that “we really don’t need”.
As far as housing and wages go I am make more than I was in CA by a fair amount (I cut myself short on my wages) and the housing market is as hot if not hotter here than pretty much anywhere else in the US. I have a friend that bought a house here last year in June for 650k. His same plan with about half of the upgrades just pre-sold (won’t start construction for 4 months) for 1.4 mil. It’s a 3k foot, 1/4 acre lot tract house. Again we (I did it too) rationalize “wages” as a reason to pay more for pretty much everything (CA to be the highest taxed state in the union shortly) and those taxes benefit you how...?? Defund the police? Illegals getting in person teaching while my kids have been home for a year? Most expensive fuel in the country? God awful local and state government that wants to keep you locked down like a dog? Nope... couldn’t do it anymore. Like you said and I totally agree... to each their own.

I moved to a Northern state and I will say it’s not perfect or a utopia just by changing zip codes but I believed that it was a better fit for raising kids. I pray that CA residents get that break they need and throw Newsome out of office (should be in prison but that’s another conversation). My feeling is that if that even if that happens the state has irreparable damage that would take 10-20 years to begin to fix and the amount of money to do so will only come from your pocket( how’s more than 50% of your income sound). The wage gap is growing every time some moves out of CA as the majority of the people moving are the 30-40+ age group who are the middle income folks that collectively pay the lions share of the taxes. You will be left with the rich and the government funded poor so guess who gets to help out the “less fortunate “.
I pray for people like you and all other people that things change but I couldn’t stick it out anymore.

Thank you for the well written insight and opinions and speaking for yourself and not a side. By your demeanor I can tell you are what CA needs.

🍻 first on me, what northen state, if you dont mind, I migrated as a child from western WA a place called greys harbor, I always say they called it that for a reason the sky is always grey!!

Spudsbud

Reaction score

Best of luck ! Smart man !

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

carry on!

You really need to shut the fuck up!

CA is closed, it's awful here, the sooner everyone leaves, the better! 😁

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
Less population...awesome! The more that move the better. I'm hoping to pick up a house in Malibu once everyone leaves.

You ain’t picking up shit Maria, nor is your husband.

You were made for Molesto.

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
”Bye Felicias”. Just another haters gonna hate thread. LA and the San Jose Bay Area make up 10 of Californias 58 counties and 90% of it’s issues. Come enjoy the other 46 counties aka ”The Other California” Less population, Reasonable housing, good schools, jobs and wages, and awesome boating, hunting, fishing, skiing, surfing, off-roading, etc...all within 2 hours. Oh did I mention world class weather.....lol.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
”Bye Felicias”. Just another haters gonna hate thread. LA and the San Jose Bay Area make up 10 of Californias 58 counties and 90% of it’s issues. Come enjoy the other 46 counties aka ”The Other California” Less population, Reasonable housing, good schools, jobs and wages, and awesome boating, hunting, fishing, skiing, surfing, off-roading, etc...all within 2 hours. Oh did I mention world class weather.....lol.

Zip it lips...

😎

77charger

Reaction score
Got out last year lived there all my life lived 4 miles from salt creek as a teen spent lot of time there.got older moved lil further away but still within 30-40 min from a beach went less and less.
Got tired of the traffic on weekends lakes crowded and crap.then a long ride home. Hated the gun laws as they got worse get taxed like crazy couldn’t ride dirtbike close anymore and so on.
Moved to az last year have nice lake close by can shoot close by way cheaper roads are better way less traffic for us it’s great but I’m sure the pro ca are gonna say weather ain’t as great well yeh it’s hot 2.5 months a year. Been nice lately too. Ca wasn’t for me anymore yup took money and left. Don’t miss it.

Last edited:

JDub24

American Bad-Ass!!
Reaction score
Typical answer for someone who’s company is paid by the outrageous taxes and yet still can’t keep the power on.... carry on.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score

Gonna guess that was meant for me.
U r welcome to call me anything u would like.
I can't afford to live & retire in beautiful Kommiefornia. The weather & boating was amazing for 8 years.
I couldn't stand the thought of tens or hundreds of thousands of illegals moving into free California and us paying for it.
Will Missouri be perfect? Hell no!! But we will be amongst red blooded AMERICANS and we can live with our decisions & enjoy our lives and afford to purchase a home on the water and enjoy it.

JDub24

American Bad-Ass!!
Reaction score
LP... don’t apologize for doing what’s best for you and yours. The writing has been on the wall for far to long and some just realize it sooner than others. Enjoy your new life and make the most of it.

I can't afford to live & retire in beautiful Kommiefornia. The weather & boating was amazing for 8 years.
I couldn't stand the thought of tens or hundreds of thousands of illegals moving into free California and us paying for it.
Will Missouri be perfect? Hell no!! But we will be amongst red blooded AMERICANS and we can live with our decisions & enjoy our lives and afford to purchase a home on the water and enjoy it.

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
Nope. Wasn’t meant for you LP. Can’t fault someone who‘s being priced out of the home market where they live and want to try finding greener pastures. Best of luck to you my man. My post is for all the haters that for years enjoyed the benefits California has to offer and then decide to bail and talk about how fucked up California is and lump all of us into same group. LA and Bay Area doesn’t represent the rest of California.

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
Typical answer for someone who’s company is paid by the outrageous taxes and yet still can’t keep the power on.... carry on.
I‘ve never worked at a utility or any municipalities. I‘ve only worked for private contractors, and none of them are paid with tax money Or responsible for keeping the power on. So save it.