WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Easy

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Easy Rider.. fucking bizarre movie. I still don’t understand how that became an American classic.

0B9221D3-EDD8-4B84-85DE-C67BEA41821A.png

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
I agree. Same reason I can't get into Apocalypse Now.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Easy Rider.. fucking bizarre movie. I still don’t understand how that became an American classic.

View attachment 1000132

You just need to watch it again... Loved that movie, living free!

There is a documentary saying that they were loaded most of the time shooting the movie, so it had a lot of ad-libed scenes.

USMC2010

Reaction score
You just need to watch it again... Loved that movie, living free!

There is a documentary saying that they were loaded most of the time shooting the movie, so it had a lot of ad-libed scenes.
All the marijuana was...the coke wasn't.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Great soundtrack too (both Easy Rider and Apocalypse Now).

I've watched A Now many times - great, great film. Easy Rider is a 60's classic - choppers, drugs (LSD! & weed), rock 'n roll soundtrack, hippies, communies, rednecks with shotguns, JACK NICHOLSON, Nawlins...

A short clip near the beginning of the film shows Wyatt and Billy on Route 66 in Flagstaff, Arizona, passing a large figure of a lumberjack. That lumberjack statue—once situated in front of the Lumberjack Cafe—remains in Flagstaff, but now stands inside the J. Lawrence Walkup Skydome on the campus of Northern Arizona University. A second, very similar statue was also moved from the Lumberjack Cafe to the exterior of the Skydome.

OLDRAAT

inadequate member
Reaction score
Just had to be of age during that period RD. Very provocative then, it was part of the counter culture movement and was made during the Woodstock era and yes, I enjoyed a lot of those years. :cool:

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Watch vanashing point ( the origanal ) and dirty Mary crazy Larry if you want to see true cult classics. Oh yeah and two lane black top.
I used to think Dirty Mary and Crazy Larry was the best movie when they used to show it on TV about every 5-7 years. I watched a couple of years ago and its charm has worn off considerably. Vanishing Point still rocks! So does Thunderbolt and Lightfoot with Clint Eastwood.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
You want weird, watch the directors commentary version of Vanishing Point. All of the meaning of characters and events..

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Go watch Billy Jack. It's awesome. Early 70's I think
My favorite part with the sheriff’s privileged bully son:

Did he pull a gun on you?
No Daddy.
Did he pull a knife on you?
No Daddy.
So you just drove a perfectly good automobile (new 1969 Corvette) into the lake?
Yes, Daddy

rrrr

Reaction score
My Mom took me to see Easy Rider in 1969, I was twelve. She was cool like that.

Mom also took me to Albuquerque Dragway on Sundays when California match racers were in town. She stood up to my Dad when he was demanding that I go to church instead of the drags.

I had a pretty bitchin' childhood thanks to her. I miss her so much.