WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I Wear Sunglasses - Lake Havasu

Tank

Reaction score
Yes sir we just got a fresh shipment of Persol and Oliver Peoples. Be sure to mention RDP and take advantage of the RDP discount! I really appreciate you giving the opportunity to earn your business! We are open 10-5 every day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hey Chris, I don't want you thinking I flaked. I came in on Sunday (after losing a pair of Persols on the river Sat..first time I've ever lost a pair of glasses). The blonde at the counter was very nice and helpful. The store got BUSY while I was in there. Looked like business is going well. Unfortunately I didn't find anything that fit my fat head. I really liked the dark dark blue persol's that looked black until you held them up to the light and was a butt hair away from buying. But they were just a bit too small and pushed out the arms.

Just wanted to say great store and staff and well stocked! 👍

You get any fat head sized persols in let me know. 😁😁

Devious_Chris

I wear sunglasses, lake Havasu city az.
Reaction score
Hey Chris, I don't want you thinking I flaked. I came in on Sunday (after losing a pair of Persols on the river Sat..first time I've ever lost a pair of glasses). The blonde at the counter was very nice and helpful. The store got BUSY while I was in there. Looked like business is going well. Unfortunately I didn't find anything that fit my fat head. I really liked the dark dark blue persol's that looked black until you held them up to the light and was a butt hair away from buying. But they were just a bit too small and pushed out the arms.

Just wanted to say great store and staff and well stocked! [emoji106]

You get any fat head sized persols in let me know. [emoji16][emoji16]

Thank you so much for coming in! I can make adjustments to the glasses to fit you better. If there is a specific pair of Persol’s you want I can order them as well! Fat Heads matter too!

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score

Just wanted to say great store and staff and well stocked! 👍

You get any fat head sized persols in let me know. 😁😁
Naw, you're good.....
1619558078072.png

Tank

Reaction score
Thank you so much for coming in! I can make adjustments to the glasses to fit you better. If there is a specific pair of Persol’s you want I can order them as well! Fat Heads matter too!

Your girl in there did you well. She said that you can order any style and size even if I found them online and there was no commitment to buy. Very good saleperson. Polite, informative but not pushy at all. Employee of the month right there. 😁 👍

Like I said, I really liked the super dark blue framed Persols sitting in the case (not on the rack) but they needed to be just a hair wider. The pair I have that fit well were 58-17 140. That was the pair I lost that fit well. My other pair are about 15 years old and are the tortoise James Bond style with tan lenses that fit great, unfortunately the size wore off long ago. Can you get the arms ordered through Luxotica for my tortoise glasses? The arms over the ears are cracked.

Devious_Chris

Reaction score
Your girl in there did you well. She said that you can order any style and size even if I found them online and there was no commitment to buy. Very good saleperson. Polite, informative but not pushy at all. Employee of the month right there. [emoji16] [emoji106]

Like I said, I really liked the super dark blue framed Persols sitting in the case (not on the rack) but they needed to be just a hair wider. The pair I have that fit well were 58-17 140. That was the pair I lost that fit well. My other pair are about 15 years old and are the tortoise James Bond style with tan lenses that fit great, unfortunately the size wore off long ago. Can you get the arms ordered through Luxotica for my tortoise glasses? The arms over the ears are cracked.

Thank you so much for the great feedback on Dailynn. She does a GREAT job for us.

If you have the model number for the frames it is likely that I can order temples.

Tank

Reaction score
Thank you so much for the great feedback on Dailynn. She does a GREAT job for us.

If you have the model number for the frames it is likely that I can order temples.

Persol 2720 S tortoise 140mm length.

download.jpg

Thanks Chris. not a big deal if it's a huge PITA, I can figure it out. Didn't mean for this to turn into a huge hassle. LOL

But while I'm on the topic of parts and sending glasses back. Before Luxotica bought out Persol, my wife had a pair of Persol's that got scratched to shit and I had pair of metal framed models that I sat on and bent the frame. On a whim I decided to write an email to their Beverly hills store (original US Location) and tell them that I'd worn persol's since I was 18 and won't wear anything else and asked if at all possible if they could replace the lenses on my wifes glasses and fix the frames on mine even though they were both no longer in production. They wrote me back an email with a mail to address. I mailed them off expecting they'd be gone forever or cost a shit ton to fix. Damn if they didn't mail them back perfectly repaired, free of charge. Of course, that's what you get from a family run business (one of the oldest sunglass companies in the world) from Italy that'd been producing hand made finest quality eye-wear since 1917. ;)

Pretty sure the blue ones I was looking at in the store were the 2803S 58(square)17 140 doable?

Last edited:

Devious_Chris

Reaction score

View attachment 996610

Thanks Chris. not a big deal if it's a huge PITA, I can figure it out. Didn't mean for this to turn into a huge hassle. LOL

But while I'm on the topic of parts and sending glasses back. Before Luxotica bought out Persol, my wife had a pair of Persol's that got scratched to shit and I had pair of metal framed models that I sat on and bent the frame. On a whim I decided to write an email to their Beverly hills store (original US Location) and tell them that I'd worn persol's since I was 18 and won't wear anything else and asked if at all possible if they could replace the lenses on my wifes glasses and fix the frames on mine even though they were both no longer in production. They wrote me back an email with a mail to address. I mailed them off expecting they'd be gone forever or cost a shit ton to fix. Damn if they didn't mail them back perfectly repaired, free of charge. Of course, that's what you get from a family run business (one of the oldest sunglass companies in the world) from Italy that'd been producing hand made finest quality eye-wear since 1917. ;)

Pretty sure the blue ones I was looking at in the store were the 2803S 58(square)17 140 doable?

It’s absolutely no problem at all, this is what I do! I will be back in the store tomorrow afternoon and will take a look!

Devious_Chris

Reaction score

View attachment 996610

Alright I’m at the shop and the temples for your existing pair are no longer available to be purchased unfortunately. And the 2803S is only available in the size we have in the store. I wish I had better news to report!

Tank

Reaction score
Alright I’m at the shop and the temples for your existing pair are no longer available to be purchased unfortunately. And the 2803S is only available in the size we have in the store. I wish I had better news to report!

Is that 58(square)16 140?

Thanks for the leg work!!

Socalx09

Reaction score
Do you have floatable sunglasses for women? Lost two pairs of ray bans in havasu on back to back trips. So looking for floatables just for boating.

Devious_Chris

Reaction score
Do you have floatable sunglasses for women? Lost two pairs of ray bans in havasu on back to back trips. So looking for floatables just for boating.

We have floating glasses in Dragon and Carve brands. They are unisex styles, not woman specific styles though.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
We have floating glasses in Dragon and Carve brands. They are unisex styles, not woman specific styles though.

Thats one of the many reasons I love Bombers. I cant find ANYWHERE that stocks any though. They have a lot of great styles and options I feel.

Tank

Reaction score
@Devious_Chris Thank you for the call, getting the glasses situated and shipped out. Absolute 100% pleasure doing biz with you and will most definitely be buying my next pair through you as well.

Highly recommend anyone looking for glasses to give Chris a shot before ordering online. If you find some glasses you like, I'm pretty sure Chris can order even if not in stock. May cost just a hair more (really, not much) but I've found you're rolling the dice with getting fake glasses and/or damaged glasses when ordering online (amazon / ebay) not to mention it's nice to support actual local business' and not an online entity which are putting small biz out of business. Not to mention Chris is a boater, an RDP'r and gives a little love to RDP members. 👍

Sorry to make you work so hard for one lousy sale Chris. Looking forward to getting the glasses. Thanks again!!

Tank

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Thank you Chris amd Kari for our awesome Kaenon's! Went in for a new pair for the wife and I ended up getting our daughter a pair too. Figured no better time then now to teach a 15 year old responsibility with an expensive item. She earned it with a few babysitting jobs we have put her on lately!

The selection was insane and it took us awhile to find what we wanted! Thank you Chris, Kari and crew!
JPEG_20210430_183525_9157612366236948924.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Devious_Chris

Reaction score
Thats one of the many reasons I love Bombers. I cant find ANYWHERE that stocks any though. They have a lot of great styles and options I feel.

The gas station in my complex stocks them.

ultra26shadow

Reaction score
What brands can you do prescription in? Do I just bring in my RX? Can you do insurance coverage too?

Devious_Chris

Reaction score
What brands can you do prescription in? Do I just bring in my RX? Can you do insurance coverage too?

I can order prescription in Maui Jim, Kaenon, Spy, and Wiley X as long as the exam is less than 2 years old. We do not work with insurance at this time.

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
I bought a pair of the floating dragons from Chris a few weeks back. I've also had Bombers. The Dragons do not float with foam simply attached to the frames. They look like regular glasses. I am very happy with them. They are polarized also. I would recommend them. I can confirm they float. Lol.

Devious_Chris

Reaction score
I bought a pair of the floating dragons from Chris a few weeks back. I've also had Bombers. The Dragons do not float with foam simply attached to the frames. They look like regular glasses. I am very happy with them. They are polarized also. I would recommend them. I can confirm they float. Lol.

I have put my Dragon’s to the test a few times, they work great!

Reactions: DWC

bluebleeder

Reaction score
I want to support a fellow RDPer but live in Texas. You ship on my dime?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Devious_Chris

Reaction score
Got heatwaves?

No Heatwaves, they have an OG dealer in town and are not interested in expanding to different shops. Action Sports in the same complex as me has a good selection.