WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Sooo? 2021 gonna be a shit show like 2020 in Havasu??

schweeng

Reaction score
A year later......Is the market as crazy as last year... are the used boats still selling for waaaay more then they should?? Have home sales decreased ?

My new Bennington is finished but the new Merc 300 outbourd (white) that I picked in February...Well - I am now just being told that the motor will be available in Mid July....
Supply chain is definitely interrupted will it effect Havasu? Now that available inventory seems to be gone....

gqchris

Reaction score
1620511306213.jpeg

Reaction score
I'm here at Lake Powell and boat traffic is already busy for early May . With low water levels it might be a interesting year. The shit show continues.

hallett21

Reaction score
It’s a shit show if you want it to be. Plenty of lake to get away from it. And yes we boated a lot in 2020. The only guarantee Is that the ramps will be nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C08H18

Reaction score
YES. Demand exceeds Supply. Hire on bonuses when there is a 6.1% unemployment --a good indication that Supply ain't getting any better soon.

DWC

Reaction score
Last year was our first in town.. It was insane every damn weekend. The lines for launch ramps and everything else were crazy. This weekend not so much. No line at Mudsharks last night. Blue chair was a short wait but nothing big for lunch today. Windsor was busy but nothing like last May. I realize that it’s Mother’s Day weekend but also noticed that there are very few kids in town. Sports are in full swing. Remote working is winding down.. It’ll be busier than 2019, nothing like 2020.

USMC2010

Reaction score
It will be worse this year than last.

• Wow
Reactions: DWC

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
It's going to be another year of buttcrack of dawn launches, and off the water by 3 days for us.. Amateur hour at the ramps is too much for me, id rather drink beer in the pool.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
It's going to be another year of buttcrack of dawn launches, and off the water by 3 days for us.. Amateur hour at the ramps is too much for me, id rather drink beer in the pool.

Do you think you will be Missed?

;)

Riverbottom

Reaction score
If today in Parker is any indication, it will be similar to last year. Crazy busy and lots of amateurs on the river today. Big difference real estate inventory is almost zero, so nothing for people to buy.

DMF

Reaction score
I just left happy hour at Martini Bay. The wife and I were 2 of 6 people at the bar top. The pool had 8-10 people in it.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
school isn’t out yet...give it a few weeks. We’re rolling out of Texas the 27th for Havasu.

It is not school.. it’s sports. They are all going overtime trying to make up for last year.

July 4th weekend will be big, but since it is a weekend, people will split coming before or staying after the holiday.

USMC2010

Reaction score
College Street this week, not weekend was 45 minute + wait to sit. We went elsewhere. Don't let this evening dictate how fkd up this year will be over last.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
It is not school.. it’s sports. They are all going overtime trying to make up for last year.

July 4th weekend will be big, but since it is a weekend, people will split coming before or staying after the holiday.

agreed...a lot of things started back up which will cut down somewhat on the crowds...still think its going to to be very busy though.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
College Street this week, not weekend was 45 minute + wait to sit. We went elsewhere. Don't let this evening dictate how fkd up this year will be over last.

That’s just it, the weekday people barricade themselves in their houses from Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon. They flood the city during the week. It is literally 2 different crowds- the weekenders and the weekdayers. The weekdayers are all middle aged to retired with grown or no kids.

USMC2010

Reaction score
That’s just it, the weekday people barricade themselves in their houses from Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon. They flood the city during the week. It is literally 2 different crowds- the weekenders and the weekdayers.
And a no win either way

schweeng

Reaction score
should be a good amount of new "qualified captain" Instagram videos.... I'm gonna definitely put site 6 on the list !!!!!

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
Don't worry too much. It's been nuts here on the mountain for the last year. And every year especially the last when we got a light winter. The newbies are running away from us in droves and the new ones are biting. Every year we get snow, and then the county plows can't keep up. Usually this is because the higher ups with the state and county ship our resources off to "more important" areas. And the new residents freak out. Especially this last season. Facebook was a huge entertainment for us with people losing their shit.
Side note. I've had a few prospective clients that were scared shitless and I told them that this winter was nothing compared to the usual. They literally lost their minds... "yeah it's been a while since we got six feet of snow in a week, and you are bitching about six inches in a day"

PlanB

Reaction score
Just got off of the water. From the channel down to Pilot Rock it was busy. Most known coves were taken until about 5:00 pm. A lot of what appear to be newer but cheaper boats out as well.

We ended up going into one of our lesser known coves and someone left dirty diapers in plastic bags on the beach. Hopefully that is not a new thing with some of the new crowd coming to the lake.

CobraDave

Reaction score
Sports wise I got both of my kids (6 and 9) in baseball and football. They are on different teams and different schedules entirely for practice. My oldest does QB training on the side. We are busy as fuck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

schweeng

Reaction score
I love Havasu but I need it to die down... just the traffic alone on the streets is now bothering me.. fuck I'm getting old. Thought I would retire here not so sure right now....

The only time the streets are dead in Havasu is when I roll in past midnight.... then it reminds me of old Havasu.....

(just reread this.... OMG I am one of those now.......)

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
school isn’t out yet...give it a few weeks. We’re rolling out of Texas the 27th for Havasu.
This, last year all the schools and slot of employment was out early April so people had more time, still cannot figure out the financial side of all this but they were all off so they were all outside.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Just got off of the water. From the channel down to Pilot Rock it was busy. Most known coves were taken until about 5:00 pm. A lot of what appear to be newer but cheaper boats out as well.

We ended up going into one of our lesser known coves and someone left dirty diapers in plastic bags on the beach. Hopefully that is not a new thing with some of the new crowd coming to the lake.

It could be worse!!, at least they did put them in a Bag.🤔

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Went into College Street two Fridays ago and were told an hour wait. Went to 4 Clovers instead and had the best fish and chips ever. They were packed also but we got seated when we walked in. Vicky and staff do a great job there!!! 👍

schweeng

Reaction score
Went into College Street two Fridays ago and were told an hour wait. Went to 4 Clovers instead and had the best fish and chips ever. They were packed also but we got seated when we walked in. Vicky and staff do a great job there!!! 👍
Going to have to try 4 Clovers.... I'm told I do the best Fish & Chips in my area (Santa Clarita)... looking forward to trying out a new place...