WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bad news here in N. Cal

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
Go decompress. :(

Exactly. I've had to tell my self to breath quite a few times this last week. Me and the wife are very bothered by this. Looks like resolution might come now.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Today was a good and bad day. While I knew 3 out of the 4 fairly well, the driver was one of my very good friends. We boated together for years, we vacationed together and we talked on the phone usually a few times a week....you get the point. Well today he was one of the two people found. I have to be honest that it hurts worse today than it did the day the accident happened because I know for a fact that he's not coming back. I'm glad that his family will get some closure now. I've been out at the lake for 7 days straight looking for him....I'm sunburnt, tired and very sad.

I am sorry for your loss.

RIP

28Eliminator

Reaction score
Today was a good and bad day. While I knew 3 out of the 4 fairly well, the driver was one of my very good friends. We boated together for years, we vacationed together and we talked on the phone usually a few times a week....you get the point. Well today he was one of the two people found. I have to be honest that it hurts worse today than it did the day the accident happened because I know for a fact that he's not coming back. I'm glad that his family will get some closure now. I've been out at the lake for 7 days straight looking for him....I'm sunburnt, tired and very sad.

So Sorry for your loss Greg.

Reactions: JBS

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss Greg....being there for the family (as you are) goes farther to help than most can ever know.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Bittersweet.:(

RIP to the 4 men.:(

Please remember these men this season and wear our vests and think about what we are doing...far too many far too soon..

Chine Walker

Banned
Reaction score
This is good news I guess if you can call it that. At least now all of the families can get some closure. I was out there this morning looking for him but didn't see anything. I don't know if I'll be going back to the lake anytime soon.

Joker

Reaction score
Greg,
You're a good person regardless of the way you're taken on the interweb. What you've done to help these families goes above and beyond what the average person would do. Thank You.

H20-ski

Long Member
Reaction score
This is good news I guess if you can call it that. At least now all of the families can get some closure. I was out there this morning looking for him but didn't see anything. I don't know if I'll be going back to the lake anytime soon.

You get an honor award for sure sir. There are many people much appreciative.

It's been very glum here at the dealership where I work and even more where Jon worked. He was in the business for many years and will be missed by many.

As with the others lost.

A friend of my daughters "Matt" was lost in a boating accident last summer at Bullards Bar and now friends of friends are gone.

Life jackets could have saved lives in both incidents.

Be safe out there and think.

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score

All things considered so good to have all 4 accounted for this soon.
Don't beat yourself up over it. Wasn't your fault, nothing you could have done to prevent it.
Like Joker said you've done way more than would be expected and I'm sure it's been greatly appreciated be their families and friends.

dribble

Reaction score
The Sacramento Bee reported this morning that all four men died of injuries sustained in the crash and not from drowning. In this case, life jackets would probably not not have prevented the tragedy.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
The Sacramento Bee reported this morning that all four men died of injuries sustained in the crash and not from drowning. In this case, life jackets would probably not not have prevented the tragedy.

They also said the boat capsized.
RIP

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score

while not much helps at those speeds, its a proven fact that life jackets help save lives. and if they were wearing life jackets they would have been found much sooner. theres no excuse to not wear em.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
while not much helps at those speeds, its a proven fact that life jackets help save lives. and if they were wearing life jackets they would have been found much sooner. theres no excuse to not wear em.

Lets save the life jacket debates for another thread guys.. Or hell if you really like having them start another thread. Nothing pisses me off more then when someone uses tragedy, shock value, or emotional distress to try and further their own political agendas and beliefs.

RD

H20-ski

Long Member
Reaction score
Too much speculation, there is always a possibility that one of them could have survived if they had a life jacket on.

Or maybe jackets and helmets like most people wear in those boats at high speeds.

Either way it's not being prepared.

I'm out...

dribble

Reaction score
They also said the boat capsized.
RIP

Lets save the life jacket debates for another thread guys.. Or hell if you really like having them start another thread. Nothing pisses me off more then when someone uses tragedy, shock value, or emotional distress to try and further their own political agendas and beliefs.

RD

That certainly wasn't my intent. I was just eliminating doubt as to whether they would have survived if they had been. They have the exact cause of death is listed for each one of them and anyone can look it up. I won't post it here.

BigSteve

Reaction score

I am glad to see closure for the families,

They will be missed at the DLB club runs.

They were good people. Loved to boat !

Chine Walker

Banned
Reaction score
If anyone is interested in going, the service for Toby and his brother James is tomorrow. It's been a rough 3 weeks....I can't imagine what it's been like for the families. Here is the information.

Trinity Cathedral at 11:00 a.m.
2620 Capitol Ave
Sacramento CA 95816

You are missed.

toby.jpg

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
This will be two years tomorrow and it still really hurts.

I was posting as Chine Walker in this thread.

It changed the way I boat forever, and is a big reason why I am selling my boat....I thought I could do the speed thing again, I can't. You guys make fun of me for harping on people about wearing life vests but it might have saved their lives and even if it didn't their friends and family wouldn't of had to search for them for 8 days.

I spent 8 days on my paddle board and the sheriff's boat hoping I would find them but also hoping I wouldn't, if that makes sense. When they did eventually surface it was like reliving the accident all over again. Remember that next time you make that 100+ mph run. I'm not trying to spark a life jacket debate with this post, just trying to shed some light on why I am a life vest proponent.

RIP my friends, you are missed dearly. :cry::cry:

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
This will be two years tomorrow and it still really hurts.

I was posting as Chine Walker in this thread.

It changed the way I boat forever, and is a big reason why I am selling my boat....I thought I could do the speed thing again, I can't. You guys make fun of me for harping on people about wearing life vests but it might have saved their lives and even if it didn't their friends and family wouldn't of had to search for them for 8 days.

I spent 8 days on my paddle board and the sheriff's boat hoping I would find them but also hoping I wouldn't, if that makes sense. When they did eventually surface it was like reliving the accident all over again. Remember that next time you make that 100+ mph run. I'm not trying to spark a life jacket debate with this post, just trying to shed some light on why I am a life vest proponent.

RIP my friends, you are missed dearly. :cry::cry:

I don't make fun of your life vest posts.

I always wanted a big cat, but after riding in Napanuts 24 cheeta I realize that a nice smooth 50+ speed in a decent boat is just fine with me.

Still hurts to read about this, I can tell it affected you deeply.
Hope they are at peace and their families are ok.

boatpi

Reaction score
How many times each year do we see this, so sad and think what even a cheap $25 PFD could have done.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Grads, I know how much you are thinking of the friends you lost that day. We lost Jon "Shortbus" just over a year ago when he spun out. F14 and I had to pull him from the water. He had his lifeline on but didn't have leg straps buckled and it was ripped off. Luckily he was still floating but face down. He did not have his safety lanyard hooked up and the prop got his calf. Your boat, or the one you are riding in, doesn't need to haul ass for accidents to happen. We just ordered a lifeline for my wife. We wear vests every time out now.

GRADS

Reaction score
I went out paddling to the accident site on the two year anniversary and saw this. Four pelicans. I have never seen pelicans at Folsom let alone four of them. I took it at as sign.

13177570_10154276590379170_7971158820765478749_n.jpg

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
I went out paddling to the accident site on the two year anniversary and saw this. Four pelicans. I have never seen pelicans at Folsom let alone four of them. I took it at as sign.

View attachment 484864

... Google it...had a tragedy in my neighborhood recently and Blue Jays showed up...the person who lost her loved one googled it...Blue Jays are definitely a sign,...pelicans may be as well... I've always been skeptical of these kind of things only after the Blue Jays I am a believer...God bless your friends...

purrfecttremor

Reaction score
It seems like yesterday that this happened! I can't imagine how this has effected the families. Saying it sucks is an understatement but...... It really does! I for one don't ever criticize Gregs support for safety and I'll never understand why anyone does. I know I'm one who has made some mistakes over the years and have gotten away with them!
May these four boating brothers R.I.P.

Reactions: SJP

GRADS

Reaction score
Can't believe it's been 7 years. I read through this thread this morning and it brought it all back like it was yesterday.😥 I miss these guys a lot but especially the owner of the boat, Toby. I made it a point to reach out to his wife and sons today. His sons were out at the lake today holding a little memorial of their own.

Boating was never the same after this no matter how hard I tried.

RIP guys.

Last edited:

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
It seems like yesterday that this happened! I can't imagine how this has effected the families. Saying it sucks is an understatement but...... It really does! I for one don't ever criticize Gregs support for safety and I'll never understand why anyone does. I know I'm one who has made some mistakes over the years and have gotten away with them!
May these four boating brothers R.I.P.
Did they ever say if they were wearing Lifelines? Not saying it would have kept them alive but it sure bumps their odds. Unconscious in the water is a bad thing.

GRADS

Reaction score
Did they ever say if they were wearing Lifelines? Not saying it would have kept them alive but it sure bumps their odds. Unconscious in the water is a bad thing.
They were not wearing life vests. One of them had their leg ripped off and it was still in the boat. Most died from broken necks not drowning which leads me to believe it was a pretty violent crash. Life vests would have most likely not saved them but it would have helped with the search.

GRADS

Reaction score
Me, Toby and Jake a couple weeks before the crash. They're both gone now. Not the last time I talked to Toby but the last time I saw him. I love this video, he was so happy that day as we all were. RIP guys.