WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

[WTB] Nordic cyclone

Nielmcque

Reaction score
Looking for a nordic cyclone prefer a 250 or bigger outboard.

Luv2gofast

Reaction score
Apparently you can buy a new one with 300R on it.

Sounds like a nice upgrade from the Baker... Did you sell it? I had more good times in your Baker than any other boat I've owned. I have a 280 sitting in my shop that I was going to put on it when I found the Lavey with a 280 and bought it.

Good luck with your search!

Nielmcque

Reaction score
Baker is forsale no real serious offers yet and I dont want to be without a boat for too long. I put in a request for a price on a new nordic a couple weeks ago and never heard back. Not sure I want to pay new prices anyways.

Luv2gofast

Reaction score
Baker is forsale no real serious offers yet and I dont want to be without a boat for too long. I put in a request for a price on a new nordic a couple weeks ago and never heard back. Not sure I want to pay new prices anyways.

I'm sure the sticker shock and lead time would be rough! I'm surprised that Baker didn't sell. Your price is low and it still looks great!

Wbinder

Reaction score
Last two times I talked to them about building a cyclone they pretty much told me no and that they don’t build those anymore and I should buy a 25ft rage cause that’s what everyone wants.... we ended up with a howard. I still would really like a cyclone tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nielmcque

Reaction score
Last two times I talked to them about building a cyclone they pretty much told me no and that they don’t build those anymore and I should buy a 25ft rage cause that’s what everyone wants.... we ended up with a howard. I still would really like a cyclone tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that sucks there is nothing I even like about the rage. I want a smaller outboard that can take a bit of a sloppy water. If I was going to spend that kind of money on a bigger boat I would get a cool center console like a concept 27 or something.

wildone

You're a member.
Reaction score
Well that sucks there is nothing I even like about the rage. I want a smaller outboard that can take a bit of a sloppy water. If I was going to spend that kind of money on a bigger boat I would get a cool center console like a concept 27 or something.

Not sure who he spoke to, but knowing the ownership, they want to sell anything and everything they can get someone in... Steve the owner's sun just built a beautiful 21 cyclone / crossfire with a 450r...

Call for yourself and see what they say

Nielmcque

Reaction score
Not sure who he spoke to, but knowing the ownership, they want to sell anything and everything they can get someone in... Steve the owner's sun just built a beautiful 21 cyclone / crossfire with a 450r...

Call for yourself and see what they say
I submitted a request and never heard back. Maybe I'll call. I'd like to find a used one to check out.

wildone

You're a member.
Reaction score
I submitted a request and never heard back. Maybe I'll call. I'd like to find a used one to check out.

Good luck... Not in the smart ass way. Just not alot of them around. We had the first one. A few of the owners sons made it out into the public after racing, but most of them were built by ski racers who held onto them. They (Nordic) may even have a retired raceboat laying around at the shop that could be easily converted to pleasure use.

Nielmcque

Reaction score
Good luck... Not in the smart ass way. Just not alot of them around. We had the first one. A few of the owners sons made it out into the public after racing, but most of them were built by ski racers who held onto them. They (Nordic) may even have a retired raceboat laying around at the shop that could be easily converted to pleasure use.
What about the crossfire. The recreational version I like those also.

wildone

You're a member.
Reaction score
What about the crossfire. The recreational version I like those also.

Its all marketing... They are the same thing. They may have built 4 of those that were never race boats, Todd haig's red one, ryan choara's orange one in long beach, a yellow one with a 225 thats in parker, and a white and orange with the lounge that was at the LA Boat show a few years ago. Steve's new one would be a crossfire since it has the wrap around lounge, but has a 450, trim tabs, hydrolic steering all the same stuff he puts in his race boats. Ours was a medium lay up between the race boat and the pleasure build. Had a full removable bench, ski locker, ect,, when we took it out we had a carbon fiber cowling that filled the back half of the cockpit when we wanted to race. New owner leaves the interior in it, has a bimini ect... There is a yellow raceboat that Steve Built at the same time as ours thats since been coverted the same way.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Its all marketing... They are the same thing. They may have built 4 of those that were never race boats, Todd haig's red one, ryan choara's orange one in long beach, a yellow one with a 225 thats in parker, and a white and orange with the lounge that was at the LA Boat show a few years ago. Steve's new one would be a crossfire since it has the wrap around lounge, but has a 450, trim tabs, hydrolic steering all the same stuff he puts in his race boats. Ours was a medium lay up between the race boat and the pleasure build. Had a full removable bench, ski locker, ect,, when we took it out we had a carbon fiber cowling that filled the back half of the cockpit when we wanted to race. New owner leaves the interior in it, has a bimini ect... There is a yellow raceboat that Steve Built at the same time as ours thats since been coverted the same way.
The white and orange was the boat with the flame graphics right?

I was there when it was popped out of the mold, really liked that boat

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
I spoke with the guys at Nordic just recently. They mentioned they are having a materials shortage, and are having trouble buying what they need in bulk. I think they barely managed to buy what they need for the next 14 boats, but their to do list is way longer than that. So lead times are crap right now.

They said its mainly because everything shut down for Covid, and then when things started back up, it didn't ramp up, it slammed up, and that has everyone behind on filling orders for materials while they get their workers back (if they can, that gov't payout hasn't helped).

wildone

You're a member.
Reaction score
Rumor has it the Nordic Team Training Boat (I/O) and a back up Carbon Race Outboard boat are being retired... call the factory ASAP before someone scoops them up.

Highrisespl

Reaction score
They build them just give them a call 400 going on this one.

Attachments

• E3E4B357-9BDE-4207-8C22-D0F79A10747C.jpeg
    E3E4B357-9BDE-4207-8C22-D0F79A10747C.jpeg
    575.6 KB · Views: 129