WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

mobile bunk guy in parker

mobldj

Reaction score
i know everyone says its sean for the go to guy,left him 2 messages and no reply.is there anyone else or if sean reads this please call me.want bunks fixed over memorial day when boats off the trailer.tia !

riverroyal

Reaction score
Shadow trailer. They removed my toon at the shop. Great service.

DWC

Reaction score
What’s the best place in town if you just need the bunk carpet?

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Last year I made arrangements with Frank and dropped the toon in and drove the truck and trailer his place, dropped the trailer and went back to the ramp. Done for the day on the water and went and got the trailer, back to the ramp and all was done while we were out on the water. Got that plastic crap off and some straight carpeted bunk boards now.

Javajoe

Reaction score
Yep for sure. I got it all figured out. I’m a carpenter by trade so it should be Easy Peasy. I’ve watched the YouTube videos and own all the tools I will need plus got a handy wife and a full fridge of beer in my storage 👍

4Waters

Reaction score
Yep for sure. I got it all figured out. I’m a carpenter by trade so it should be Easy Peasy. I’ve watched the YouTube videos and own all the tools I will need plus got a handy wife and a full fridge of beer in my storage 👍
The beer is the most versatile tool you have 👍

Javajoe

Reaction score
I take my router and put a large radius on the boards. It makes it easier to pull the carpet around the board, and the carpet lasts longer without the sharp edge on the board.
Yea I was going to bring my grinder with a disk to round the edges. Why people don’t do that is beyond me. That’s where the weak point is.

Javajoe

Reaction score
LBH says they have public courtesy docks that start at 6am. Think I’ll dump the boat there for a while. Not staying there. Just round trippin. Any issues you think?

wzuber

Reaction score
What’s the best place in town if you just need the bunk carpet?
Parker auto parts has rolls of bunk carpet. It's kind light but will get u by for several years. It's a staple down product not glue down.

Reactions: DWC

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
Look up Lucas Hand on the Facebook, or maybe his website is working. The bearing King.

wzuber

Reaction score
Do you have a pneumatic stapler? Spring staplers are for shit on anything over 1/4". If your using good marine carpet 1/2" staples will be required. Glue and staples are the best way to go with good carpet.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Good 411 here. 👍
Question- Pressure-treated or no ??? I've heard yes, and i've heard no.

Javajoe

Reaction score
Do you have a pneumatic stapler? Spring staplers are for shit on anything over 1/4". If your using good marine carpet 1/2" staples will be required. Glue and staples are the best way to go with good carpet.
Yes I’m bringing my compressor and staple guy, and spray adhesive. 1/2” huh” wondered how long. Gotta go buy some marine carpet

Javajoe

Reaction score
If I ever replace the bunks I’m wondering if Trex would work

wzuber

Reaction score
Yes I’m bringing my compressor and staple guy, and spray adhesive. 1/2” huh” wondered how long. Gotta go buy some marine carpet
Yes.. 1/2" for the better neoprene backed carpet and 3/8" for the lighter (no backing) no-glue type stuff they typically sell at trailer places, Parker auto parts etc.
IMG_20210515_152543908.jpg

Last edited:

wzuber

Reaction score
If I ever replace the bunks I’m wondering if Trex would work
Never used it but I would imagine it would work out ok. Carpeted or un-carpeted? I think some peeps have said they use it on their pontoon boat trls.

wzuber

Reaction score
What type of glue are you planning on using?

wzuber

Reaction score
Good 411 here. 👍
Question- Pressure-treated or no ??? I've heard yes, and i've heard no.
I used pressure treated on my 19' Howard trlr. Last summer. Too soon to know the real value yet but I expect it will perform well for the time n $$ invested. The stuff is rough so a good bit of prep work is involved to get a flatter/smoother surface. Additionally, a couple of the boards I selected had splintered edges that had to be removed and ground etc. I wasn't pleased with a couple of my selections. I was n a hurry. Haha taking a few minutes to select better boards would have served my well.

Javajoe

Reaction score
Never used it but I would imagine it would work out ok. Carpeted or un-carpeted? I think some peeps have said they use it on their pontoon boat trls.
Carpeted

Javajoe

Reaction score
What type of glue are you planning on using?
A little bit of spray adhesive I’m thinking to keep it tight to the bunk. I need wide carpet for my center bunks which are 2x10’s

Javajoe

Reaction score
I used pressure treated on my 19' Howard trlr. Last summer. Too soon to know the real value yet but I expect it will perform well for the time n $$ invested. The stuff is rough so a good bit of prep work is involved to get a flatter/smoother surface. Additionally, a couple of the boards I selected had splintered edges that had to be removed and ground etc. I wasn't pleased with a couple of my selections. I was n a hurry. Haha taking a few minutes to select better boards would have served my well.
I noticed mine at just standard DF. Treated would be better but shit... they aren’t in the water very long and I’m sure dry out fast in Havasu heat

MSum661

Reaction score
I also tried calling Sean but after 3 attempts to get him to find the time to do it I gave up trying and did it myself.
It was a S.O.B. and all in all took me more time than I thought it would take and I've had a B1 CSLB license since 1985..lol.
My 27 Advantage Dayloser has 2- 2"x 6" x 16 foot'ers and 2-2" x 4" x 12 footers.
It took a day to purchase everything I needed about 8 hours to R&R everything to do it right. I left my wife with the boat for a good part of the day.
New marine grade carpet, all new stainless hardware and fastners, lumber, glue, Thompsons semi transparent water proofer cost me around $450.00. The good news is "its done"...lol.
20210515_163006.jpg