WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Road rage on the 55 freeway this morning results in 6 year old being shot/dying.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Sad deal for the mother...what the fuk is wrong with people. I hope they find this POS...

ORANGE, Calif. (KABC) -- A 6-year-old boy died at a hospital Friday morning after being shot on the 55 Freeway in Orange, according to the California Highway Patrol.

A CHP spokesperson confirmed the boy's death at a news conference. The child's identity was not disclosed.

The fatal incident, described by the CHP as an isolated road-rage confrontation, occurred near West Chapman Avenue shortly after 8 a.m.

At the time of the shooting, the victim was sitting in the back seat of a vehicle as his mother was driving a Chevrolet sadan northbound on the 55, said CHP Officer Florentino Olivera.

The shooter, who remained at large, was said to be driving a white Volkswagen Jetta. A description of the suspect was not immediately available.

The northbound 55 Freeway was closed at the scene, and video from AIR7 HD showed a phalanx of officers scouring the pavement for evidence.

The Highway Patrol said the incident was not connected to the string of more than 80 reported shootings at vehicles on California freeways since April.

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
One of the saddest posts in a long time. Where is the public outrage? Are we so desensitized to violence that this sort of event goes by with little notice? Is it because it fails to fit the agenda de jour?

How about we start to not accept the angry rhetoric in this country and demand civility regardless of your (political, sexual, racial, economic etc) persuasion!

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
Very sad, may you forever Rest In Peace.

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
A friend of mines Dad (mid 60's) got rear ended in Newport by a guy driving a rental car. A couple other people in the rental car as I understand it. Dad stops and gets out to look at damage and approaches other driver who tries to leave the scene. Dad is in front of the rental car and gets hit/lands on hood as the guys driving away. He speeds up, turns and Dad hits the ground and head hits the curb, dies. Rental car driver drives off and the cops catch up with him later, in custody I'm sure. Ambulance happened to be right at the same signal where it happened and rendered aid immediately, just no hope. Dad's wife witnessed the whole thing and drove up to where the car crashed the Dad into the curb. So sad. Life is fragile. Flip side, such a small mistake on the rental drivers part and now boom, he's facing manslaughter. Life changer. Wow.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Such sad and tragic news to read. RIP little boy.

RVRKID

Reaction score
Saw this earlier, so damn sad and so pissed thinking of the scum bag that took a childs life.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Am I the only one that read over 80 shots fired at cars on CA freeways in just 3 weeks?
There has been someone with a BB/pellet gun shooting at cars mostly on the 91 freeway that started off in the Cerritos area a couple weeks ago.

More apparent BB gun shootings damaged vehicles along the 91 Freeway Thursday, bringing the total number of incidents to more than 60 on that and other Southern California roads over the past three weeks.

Between 5:50 to 6 a.m., officers responded to three incidents in the Corona area alone in the vicinity of the westbound 91 near State Route 71 and Green River Road, according to the California Highway Patrol.

Two more attacks were reported in the Riverside area later in the morning: one was on the eastbound 91 at Main Street about 9:30 a.m., while the other happened around 10:20 a.m. on the northbound 215 Freeway at Blaine Street.

CHP’s Orange County division is also looking into other possible shootings in Anaheim, one that took place on the 91 near the Magnolia exit and another that occurred on the eastbound 22 Freeway just west of Euclid Street.

Those were just the latest in a string of attacks involving BB or pellet guns that have left dozens of cars and SUVs with damaged or blown out windows in recent weeks. No injuries have been reported.

Most of the incidents have taken place on the 91 between Riverside and Cerritos, but it’s unclear whether the damage was being caused by one or more people.

The series of apparent BB gun shootings has left drivers in the area shaken and feeling on edge, even as CHP has stepped up local patrols in response.

“I’m a little bit nervous because my son drives this freeway every day to go to work. I live right here so it’s my territory,” Wendy McGeown told KTLA.

Also concerning for motorists is that the agency still has not identified a suspect or suspects, nor have they released a suspect description amid the active and ongoing investigation.

“It’s very nerve-wracking to think this is happening and they need to catch somebody,” McGeown said.

With no one in custody yet, some drivers say they are being extra cautious when they drive on the 91 Freeway.

“As I go by anybody, I’m making sure their windows are up. I’m just looking,” David Jenkins said. “I’m looking more, I’m being more aware.”

Some are even avoiding the roadway altogether because of the string of shootings. The owner of a local trucking company told KTLA this week that he is having drivers bypass the 91 and taking side streets to other freeways in an effort to avoid subjecting employees to “something this terrible.”

CHP, meanwhile, continues to ask eyewitnesses to come forward, emphasizing such accounts will be imperative to catching the culprit or culprits. Anyone who sees anything is encouraged to contact investigators, especially those whose vehicles are equipped with a dash cam.

“That is even better,” Officer Dan Olivos tells KTLA of video footage. “That is a great resource that we can utilize.”

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
There has been someone with a BB/pellet gun shooting at cars mostly on the 91 freeway that started off in the Cerritos area a couple weeks ago.

More apparent BB gun shootings damaged vehicles along the 91 Freeway Thursday, bringing the total number of incidents to more than 60 on that and other Southern California roads over the past three weeks.

Between 5:50 to 6 a.m., officers responded to three incidents in the Corona area alone in the vicinity of the westbound 91 near State Route 71 and Green River Road, according to the California Highway Patrol.

Two more attacks were reported in the Riverside area later in the morning: one was on the eastbound 91 at Main Street about 9:30 a.m., while the other happened around 10:20 a.m. on the northbound 215 Freeway at Blaine Street.

CHP’s Orange County division is also looking into other possible shootings in Anaheim, one that took place on the 91 near the Magnolia exit and another that occurred on the eastbound 22 Freeway just west of Euclid Street.

Those were just the latest in a string of attacks involving BB or pellet guns that have left dozens of cars and SUVs with damaged or blown out windows in recent weeks. No injuries have been reported.

Most of the incidents have taken place on the 91 between Riverside and Cerritos, but it’s unclear whether the damage was being caused by one or more people.

The series of apparent BB gun shootings has left drivers in the area shaken and feeling on edge, even as CHP has stepped up local patrols in response.

“I’m a little bit nervous because my son drives this freeway every day to go to work. I live right here so it’s my territory,” Wendy McGeown told KTLA.

Also concerning for motorists is that the agency still has not identified a suspect or suspects, nor have they released a suspect description amid the active and ongoing investigation.

“It’s very nerve-wracking to think this is happening and they need to catch somebody,” McGeown said.

With no one in custody yet, some drivers say they are being extra cautious when they drive on the 91 Freeway.

“As I go by anybody, I’m making sure their windows are up. I’m just looking,” David Jenkins said. “I’m looking more, I’m being more aware.”

Some are even avoiding the roadway altogether because of the string of shootings. The owner of a local trucking company told KTLA this week that he is having drivers bypass the 91 and taking side streets to other freeways in an effort to avoid subjecting employees to “something this terrible.”

CHP, meanwhile, continues to ask eyewitnesses to come forward, emphasizing such accounts will be imperative to catching the culprit or culprits. Anyone who sees anything is encouraged to contact investigators, especially those whose vehicles are equipped with a dash cam.

“That is even better,” Officer Dan Olivos tells KTLA of video footage. “That is a great resource that we can utilize.”

I know someone that was shot at on the freeway in LA - they think it was a 9mm but there's a ding in their car that looks like it could have been a pellet gun rather than a 9mm.

Just this week I heard there have been a lot of road rage shootings but over 80 is HUGE and terrifying. Yet another good reason to GTFO!

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Not that it makes a difference but I heard the Mom flipped the guy off...
Still fucked-up that a 6 year old life was taken way to soon over such a petty thing...

RodnJen

Reaction score
It is clearly a problem that won’t go away on it’s own.

“Children and teens in the U.S. are 15 times more likely to die from gunfire than their peers in 31 other high-income countries combined.”

Universal Elements

Reaction score

“Children and teens in the U.S. are 15 times more likely to die from gunfire than their peers in 31 other high-income countries combined.”

There are more than 300 million legally purchased firearms and more than 1.6 Trillion rounds of ammunition in the US. The gun show in Kingman (yesterday and today) was so packed, it was unbelievable. You know who the attendees were, a lot of Californians. They need to protect themselves. Guess what, they can’t purchase any ammunition in California, none available or highly expensive. Remember your groups defunded the police so don’t count on them to save your ass. Just because you live in Fullerton and have a local police department it doesn’t work like that everywhere else in California. Guys like you have this vendetta when it comes to guns, until the shit happens to you or your family. This number (From 2018) probably tripled or more due to COVID. But the narrative does not fit your Parties goals & agenda.

It is clearly a problem that won’t go away on it’s own. <——- But no one cares and it’s a big money maker.

Fastdadtsmith

Reaction score

You're absolutely right Rod! So demand they enforce the laws on the books. Make them stiffer for others that use them when they aren't allowed to have them! Oh nevermind, you need their votes. Punish me cause I'm legal. Hypocrites every single one of you!

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
There are more than 300 million legally purchased firearms and more than 1.6 Trillion rounds of ammunition in the US. The gun show in Kingman (yesterday and today) was so packed, it was unbelievable. You know who the attendees were, a lot of Californians. They need to protect themselves. Guess what, they can’t purchase any ammunition in California, none available or highly expensive. Remember your groups defunded the police so don’t count on them to save your ass. Just because you live in Fullerton and have a local police department it doesn’t work like that everywhere else in California. Guys like you have this vendetta when it comes to guns, until the shit happens to you or your family. This number (From 2018) probably tripled or more due to COVID. But the narrative does not fit your Parties goals & agenda.

It is clearly a problem that won’t go away on it’s own. <——- But no one cares and it’s a big money maker.
What type of ammunition are you referring to that isn’t available in So Cal? There’s a ammo store in HB that I get my ammo from and they are always stocked with what I need. It is a little costly and there usually a small line .

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

I’m glad you agree that there should be harsher sentences for people committing gun crimes. You know the majority of the child shooting victims are from gang related shootings.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
What type of ammunition are you referring to that isn’t available in So Cal? There’s a ammo store in HB that I get my ammo from and they are always stocked with what I need. It is a little costly and there usually a small line .

Sounds like you are for voter ID laws.. it is a little costly and there is usually a small line, but our elections will be secure :)

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I can't even imagine the parents grief...

I can’t either.. obviously shooting into another car is completely out of line and this outcome was not deserved but road rage generally takes 2 participants. Don’t engage. Let shit go. You never know who you are dealing with these days.

The mother got cut off and escalated the situation. She’s going to have to live with that terrible decision the rest of her life unfortunately.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

But you and your party refuse to enforce the laws already in place.

Your post is nothing but soap box bleeding heart rhetoric because you really don’t give a fuck so long as the problem doesn’t creep near your glass house.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score

So you believe you can end gun violence with more laws. And you also believe that the puppets Biden/Harris and the Democrats' Marxist agenda disguised by racism and gender politics is good for America.

Based on the irrefutable proof that your beliefs are anti-American I'd say YOU'RE THE PROBLEM

77charger

Reaction score
I can’t either.. obviously shooting into another car is completely out of line and this outcome was not deserved but road rage generally takes 2 participants. Don’t engage. Let shit go. You never know who you are dealing with these days.

The mother got cut off and escalated the situation. She’s going to have to live with that terrible decision the rest of her life unfortunately.
here locally I carry often and while doing so I’m a little calmer when it comes to idiot drivers too vs when I’m not carrying. I’ll give a finger if needed and have been flipped off too luckily it just ends at that. No need to go further.

gqchris

Reaction score

I have to try real hard to de-escalate these days. Its so fucking hard to do though. I still have to catch myself each time and remind.

The problem is that people now a days hide behind social media and phone keyboards. The days of getting your chin checked are long gone and their is no repercussion for acting a fucking fool. Noone is held accountable, and if you speak up for yourself you are cancel cultured by Woke Holes. Just look at how these clowns are driving on the freeways right now. Over 100MPH, side shows. Its so crazy and I dont even like driving places these days anymore especially having a pregnant wife who freaks out over every little thing!. At least in this shit hole California, I'm sure if I got out of this metropolis I would see that not all places are screwed like here.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
I just can't wrap my head around people being so anti-gun, especially in today's climate.
If you lost a loved-one or child in some mass shooting or random act of violence, I guess I could understand that person(s) having a disdain for guns.
But from what I saw last summer, and even now in the news, we're not far from these BLM-type groups coming door to door. Heck they did it with impunity to how many businesses???
Set aside the government for a second . . . if you don't feel it's right to legally own a gun to protect yourself, your family, and your property from the type of violent criminals that we've seen so much of over the last year, you seriously need to have a long talk with yourself because you are 100% delusional.

RodnJen

Reaction score

Fair comparison. Each has their place in our society, guns and opioids, but in the hands of the wrong people their effects are life altering if not deadly. As for the defund bullshit, I've never been for it. Making categorical generalizations seems to be how people get through the day, I'd rather not.

You and many others are right, the laws that are on the books need to be enforced. Unfortunately that takes money and elected officials willing to let trained officers do what they do best. As long as they can be guided by campaign contributions, many of the issues will go unaddressed and likely get worse.

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
Rod, I will suggest you not just post agenda driven summaries of statistics re gun violence on a particular segment and make is seem it is a universal application. Please take the time to investigate the perpetrators responsible for the VIOLENCE they brought to these victims. That may shed some more accurate light on the causes of violence not just the low hanging fruit stats regarding the tool used.

RodnJen

Reaction score
Rod, I will suggest you not just post agenda driven summaries of statistics re gun violence on a particular segment and make is seem it is a universal application. Please take the time to investigate the perpetrators responsible for the VIOLENCE they brought to these victims. That may shed some more accurate light on the causes of violence not just the low hanging fruit stats regarding the tool used.

I agree it should be addressed on a case by case basis. However, national statistics have their place as well. Agenda driven summaries seemed to be well-received here as long as they are sympathetic to one's own agenda.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
I’m glad you agree that there should be harsher sentences for people committing gun crimes. You know the majority of the child shooting victims are from gang related shootings.

So So True.

All guns could be rounded up and guess who will still have them. This shit will NEVER go away.

Putting this terrible situation on the law abiding citizen is 100% wrong. Place it at the single individual that fired the gun and cook him till well done...publicly.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Fair comparison. Each has their place in our society, guns and opioids, but in the hands of the wrong people their effects are life altering if not deadly. As for the defund bullshit, I've never been for it. Making categorical generalizations seems to be how people get through the day, I'd rather not.

You and many others are right, the laws that are on the books need to be enforced. Unfortunately that takes money and elected officials willing to let trained officers do what they do best. As long as they can be guided by campaign contributions, many of the issues will go unaddressed and likely get worse.

You are so fucked in the head its unreal...

Erected officials huh? Who have you voted for lately that has the balls to uphold not only our existing laws, but the 2nd amendment as well?

Its better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt Jen. To bad no one ever told you that one.

This child's blood is on the hands of fools like you. :mad:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Guns are like keyboards. People get real emboldened behind one and do/say things they normally wouldn’t without one.....;)

Kinda true, but...

There is a HUGE difference between pushing keys on a keyboard, and pulling the trigger of a gun when its pointing at another human.

Taking a life? Intentionally? When there is no real threat to you?

That's a special kinda fucked up. And there are basically no repercussions for it any more thanks to a certain group of voters.

Crazy times we live in today. My heart aches for that kids family. So tragic.

Icky

Reaction score
Did they catch the people responsible yet

ssc

Reaction score
I just got back from the beach. I drive the 55 and there was a large memorial on the overpass just north of Chapman. There was a lot of media on the overpass. I saw them doing an interview. I am not sure what the event was, but I had tears in my eyes just thinking of the little boy and his family. I had to turn off my radio for a moment of silence and to pray for them.

Damn, here come the tears again.

RIP, Steve

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Looks like they're making progress in capturing this POS. Reward is over $300k now.

“I want the two individuals in that vehicle to understand: this is Orange County, California. This is not Los Angeles or San Francisco. … I’m running out of patience,” Spitzer said. “It’s time to turn yourself in. It’s time to understand that the longer this goes on, the less sympathetic I will be to understanding why you did what you did.”

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Just a matter of time, maybe even hours before they get this POS with all of todays technology.
They've probably pulled up every car that fits that exact description within 100 miles/50 miles/25 miles of the scene, then cross-referenced that with any registered gun owners etc. Wouldn't surprise me if the scum bag had the gun illegally.
I feel terrible for such a truly senseless act . . . just flat sucks.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
My son and I were talking about this earlier. If one is going to commit a crime this heinous and expect to get away you should have a white or black Honda Civic.

How many white Jetta wagons are there in So Cal? A Dozen?

They got the fucking pellet gun jackass...they will get these fucks to.