WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Channel public slips?

Javajoe

Reaction score
Sooo... I am heading down Early Sat. to redo my bunk carpet. Plan is to launch and dump the boat off somewhere then pick up the wife, go to storage, redo my bunks then go pick it up. LBR says they have public slips in front of the hotel that open at 6am. Lady was pretty rude so I gave up asking anymore questions. I know they have the overnight rented ones that have gates on them. So are there really other slips there that I can leave my boat for a couple hours unattended? I don’t recall seeing any other than the gated one’s but I never really paid any attention to it

PlanB

Reaction score
They are public during the day and hotel guests / renters at night. Same slips.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
They are public during the day and hotel guests / renters at night. Same slips.

everytime I have tried to pull into one two kids run out and tell me they are reserved for hotel guests only.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Sooo... I am heading down Early Sat. to redo my bunk carpet. Plan is to launch and dump the boat off somewhere then pick up the wife, go to storage, redo my bunks then go pick it up. LBR says they have public slips in front of the hotel that open at 6am. Lady was pretty rude so I gave up asking anymore questions. I know they have the overnight rented ones that have gates on them. So are there really other slips there that I can leave my boat for a couple hours unattended? I don’t recall seeing any other than the gated one’s but I never really paid any attention to it

I would just beach in the channel FYI.

Javajoe

Reaction score
I would just beach in the channel FYI.
Well, yep they say public docks 6 to 6 and gates are unlocked so that’s what we did. Road our electric Segway scooters back to Windsor then took my trailer to storage and redid the bunks...AND...found out the damn panel actually goes on the ceiling behind the gauges. Guess I never looked up 🤦‍♂️
24302A48-6811-4E39-B4B0-F5AA7551656B.jpeg
8FC6CC10-E4CB-4092-A4BC-91440A0A3CBC.jpeg

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Well, yep they say public docks 6 to 6 and gates are unlocked so that’s what we did. Road our electric Segway scooters back to Windsor then took my trailer to storage and redid the bunks...AND...found out the damn panel actually goes on the ceiling behind the gauges. Guess I never looked up 🤦‍♂️
View attachment 1005515 View attachment 1005516 Ed!

So all yore problems are now addressed!

azsunfun

Reaction score
do you have a recommendation for bunk carpet person? , need mine done next viisit

rickym20

Reaction score
do you have a recommendation for bunk carpet person? , need mine done next viisit

Sean /Bunkrepair 928 208 7158

Sean will hook you up when you are out on the water. Give him a call and set an appointment. Does Venmo which makes payment easy too.

azsunfun

Reaction score
Sean /Bunkrepair 928 208 7158

Sean will hook you up when you are out on the water. Give him a call and set an appointment. Does Venmo which makes payment easy too.
thank you for the info👍

Javajoe

Reaction score
Yea Sean’s the GO TO GUY they say. It’s $$$. But it is a lot of work really. I did save probably 700 doing it myself. I was only going to recarpet but then after removing the carpet all the 2x4’s were rotted so I replaced those. Who ever did them before completely covered the whole board underneath and between the board and steel brackets. Really stupid.
When I got to my storage no water was dripping and when I started removing the carpet, shit loads of water just poured out that was trapped underneath the carpet. I made sure not to fully wrap underneath so it wouldn’t have that problem. Shit, trailer is only in the water for a few minutes. The brackets will rust also if you carpet between the brackets and the wood. I did use spray glue on top of the bunks to hold the carpet down so I could pull on it to staple it. Works bitchen. I used 1500 SS 1/2” staples. 😳
BTW...my back is wasted from being bent over for a few hours. Tough being old 😩

gqchris

Reaction score
Yea Sean’s the GO TO GUY they say. It’s $$$. But it is a lot of work really. I did save probably 700 doing it myself. I was only going to recarpet but then after removing the carpet all the 2x4’s were rotted so I replaced those. Who ever did them before completely covered the whole board underneath and between the board and steel brackets. Really stupid.
When I got to my storage no water was dripping and when I started removing the carpet, shit loads of water just poured out that was trapped underneath the carpet. I made sure not to fully wrap underneath so it wouldn’t have that problem. Shit, trailer is only in the water for a few minutes. The brackets will rust also if you carpet between the brackets and the wood. I did use spray glue on top of the bunks to hold the carpet down so I could pull on it to staple it. Works bitchen. I used 1500 SS 1/2” staples. 😳
BTW...my back is wasted from being bent over for a few hours. Tough being old 😩
Yes thats why I would pay someone to do it also. My back would be toast after bending over. Would take months to recover! Need to work out my core more.

Reactions: DWC

Javajoe

Reaction score
Yes thats why I would pay someone to do it also. My back would be toast after bending over. Would take months to recover! Need to work out my core more.
Yea I was hunched over in pain and still am this morning. Took an 800. Feels rewarding getting it done but also painful lol. Glad that’s over.
We got pulled over leaving the channel at the North entrance. 3 female boat cops. Super nice and one really hot. She goes...”I didn’t see any hull numbers but now I just saw your rear name. Can I see your paperwork?” Showed her my Coast Guard paperwork, life jackets and FE’s. Took 2 minutes. Then as she was pulling away she motioned to another boat to stop. Think they were going too fast exiting the channel in No Wake area. Then 100 yards north another cop boat had a Shiada pulled over. When we were leaving the channel dock just before this another cop had a toon pulled over. Crazy. They are out in force. This was at 5pm.

DWC

Reaction score
Yea I was hunched over in pain and still am this morning. Took an 800. Feels rewarding getting it done but also painful lol. Glad that’s over.
We got pulled over leaving the channel at the North entrance. 3 female boat cops. Super nice and one really hot. She goes...”I didn’t see any hull numbers but now I just saw your rear name. Can I see your paperwork?” Showed her my Coast Guard paperwork, life jackets and FE’s. Took 2 minutes. Then as she was pulling away she motioned to another boat to stop. Think they were going too fast exiting the channel in No Wake area. Then 100 yards north another cop boat had a Shiada pulled over. When we were leaving the channel dock just before this another cop had a toon pulled over. Crazy. They are out in force. This was at 5pm.
Every agency was out in full force yesterday. We saw the girl cop boat with the old man cop boat behind them. I’ve had them pull a u-turn flip the lights and then wave it off when they saw the Boat name/home on back. Never been told to stop.
Yesterday in the channel was a true shit show. Never seen so many people dancing on hatches, doing 15mph dodging boats,
hanging their feet off the front. Even watch a guy go full reverse off the beach and almost hit a cop and nothing.. Kept thinking cops were gonna bust boat after boat. A couple warnings over the PA but that’s it.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
You been drinking ??

azsunfun

Reaction score
Every agency was out in full force yesterday. We saw the girl cop boat with the old man cop boat behind them. I’ve had them pull a u-turn flip the lights and then wave it off when they saw the Boat name/home on back. Never been told to stop.
Yesterday in the channel was a true shit show. Never seen so many people dancing on hatches, doing 15mph dodging boats,
hanging their feet off the front. Even watch a guy go full reverse off the beach and almost hit a cop and nothing.. Kept thinking cops were gonna bust boat after boat. A couple warnings over the PA but that’s it.
got served lunch buy land officers #8 bathrooms, always mellow unless your a screw ball

DWC

Reaction score
got served lunch buy land officers #8 bathrooms, always mellow unless your a screw ball
Agree 100%. Never been hassled. I was shocked how many screwballs weren’t lit up that were lit up.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Yep, I have a feeling the boat will be spending more time on the trailer this year than years past. Having a young kid in the boat, I'd rather just take the sxs out to site 6 or body beach to let him play. Amatuer hour in the channel has no appeal to me

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

PlanB

Reaction score
This weekend was a cluster fuck of boaters that don’t know WTF they are doing. At Three Dunes today a guy kept running his boat into the marked shallow sandbar trying to leave the cove. After his third try and the boat coming to a dead stop every time, we walked out and told him to back off the sandbar and follow another boat out. The guy did not appear to be drunk. Had his family and dog on the boat, and I felt bad for them. Just clueless as fuck...

This was just one of a few dumbass things I witnessed the past couple of days. It will be an interesting summer.

DWC

Reaction score
This weekend was a cluster fuck of boaters that don’t know WTF they are doing. At Three Dunes today a guy kept running his boat into the marked shallow sandbar trying to leave the cove. After his third try and the boat coming to a dead stop every time, we walked out and told him to back off the sandbar and follow another boat out. The guy did not appear to be drunk. Had his family and dog on the boat, and I felt bad for them. Just clueless as fuck...

This was just one of a few dumbass things I witnessed the past couple of days. It will be an interesting summer.
We watched a rental toon at Windsor go pretty much full speed in reverse from the ramp past the buoy line. Sheriff boat caught up to them as we were pulling away. Awesome stuff.
On the note of Sheriffs: They’ve always kinda hung out in Thompson Bay on big weekends. This weekend they were on both sides of the buoy line and near Windsor all weekend.

DWC

Reaction score
Yep, I have a feeling the boat will be spending more time on the trailer this year than years past. Having a young kid in the boat, I'd rather just take the sxs out to site 6 or body beach to let him play. Amatuer hour in the channel has no appeal to me

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
Not sure who’s coming out with us next weekend. If it’s just the wife and i we’ll probably bike down to check it out vs drop the boat in. Way less stress.
E05C2357-CE01-4418-9990-8E0D2D5D3ACB.jpeg
185A398C-BB80-4D6A-B1B6-8642E604449A.jpeg