WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

best mexican food

azsunfun

Reaction score
being from souther az its hard to find good mexican food where salsa and hot souce is not watered down ketchup (spice it up)

azsunfun

Reaction score
true, after post doe moment in havasu

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Well I'm from SoCal and our salsa is better😂😂
I'm talking San Diego SoCal not that OC and LA stuff😉😁
After visiting a few places here in Tucson, I will agree. Everything here has heat, but lacks a LOT in flavor. 90% of the places you order a burrito and its JUST meat inside a tortilla. That's it. If you ask for anything added inside it you would think you were asking for their first born....

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
After visiting a few places here in Tucson, I will agree. Everything here has heat, but lacks a LOT in flavor. 90% of the places you order a burrito and its JUST meat inside a tortilla. That's it. If you ask for anything added inside it you would think you were asking for their first born....
When I order a carne asada burrito I want meat in it, not 10lbs of beans and rice with 6 little bits of carne.

Dalton

Reaction score
Dos Amigos is the best right now I think for fast Mexican food, El Paraiso for a sit down restaurant.

Filibertos and humbertos i think used to be better, now it’s too salty in my opinion, and Rilibertos taste about the same.

Heard good things about Blondies but haven’t tried it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

azsunfun

Reaction score
When I order a carne asada burrito I want meat in it, not 10lbs of beans and rice with 6 little bits of carne.
el sur hole in wall in tucson, not bad stuff and price is gd

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
We went to Azul Agave during desert storm and it was really good. I would say probably the best mexican food i've had in Lake Havasu.

The restaurant itself is really nice as well.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Oh no, you are absolutely correct on the other end as well. Ots all about the balance. Too much either way is no beuno.
el sur hole in wall in tucson, not bad stuff and price is gd
Where is that? I'm bound and determined to find the good Mexican places here in town.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

DLC

Reaction score
I just had to chicken tacos and 2 frosty cold coors lights from
here!
they are da bomb! 2 locations escondido and San Marcos San Diego north county

azsunfun

Reaction score
Oh no, you are absolutely correct on the other end as well. Ots all about the balance. Too much either way is no beuno.Where is that? I'm bound and determined to find the good Mexican places here in town.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
29th w of swn or columbus south side of road 100 yards or so and another 22nd believe east of swan south side of road

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Man I read these reviews and it blows my mind..

Dos Amigos sucks.. not only sucks it’s barely edible. Tried that place four times with high hopes and it’s just terrible..

chicos is good but their salsa are blah..

if you don’t mind the drive blondies up by the adult book store is the Mexican food spot in Havasu.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
What ever “Berto” place it is by the Ashley store. When you buy a chicken burrito you get a tortilla and chicken. Been enjoying that place when I just want a quick drive thru place. The last couple of times I have tried I think the Texas style is with potatoes guacamole and other things.

azsunfun

Reaction score

Dos Amigos sucks.. not only sucks it’s barely edible. Tried that place four times with high hopes and it’s just terrible..

if you don’t mind the drive blondies up by the adult book store is the Mexican food spot in Havasu.
dam dave, grandaughter with us, otherwise sounds lake a date night😁

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
What ever “Berto” place it is by the Ashley store. When you buy a chicken burrito you get a tortilla and chicken. Been enjoying that place when I just want a quick drive thru place. The last couple of times I have tried I think the Texas style is with potatoes guacamole and other things.

Ribiertos.. I guess that is how you spell it. Pretty good.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

I have the complete opposite opinion of those 2 places. I always wish I went somewhere else when I go to Chicos. I have not been to Dos Amigos in the last couple months though.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I have the complete opposite opinion of those 2 places. I always wish I went somewhere else when I go to Chicos. I have not been to Dos Amigos in the last couple months though.
Same, went to Chico’s over desert storm. Food sucks!! So bland and greasy.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
To me Chicos and 2 Amigos are very similar. Both do not satisfy my palate. Some like it, I do not.

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
Chico’s is my got to in Havasu, super nice staff and good food. Quick and easy.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
To me Chicos and 2 Amigos are very similar. Both do not satisfy my palate. Some like it, I do not.

Maybe it has gone down hill, many places do after the first several months. I had 2 decent lunches there when we were on the way home from a Rzr ride, but again that was awhile ago.

My favorite for lunch is the Carneceria. I don't even bother with any of the 'bertos during the day if I am in the car driving to get a quick lunch.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Tacos San Pedro in Hawaiian Gardens is my kryptonite!
Yeah been going there for years and they've always been good. Drive another 1/2 mile down the street just east of Norwalk on your left tucked in the coner of that strip mall is Julian's Mexican Food. Some really good stuff but best to.take out as they don't really have a decent dining area.

Cobalt232

Reaction score
El Pinto has great Hot Salsa as well as Red&green chili sauce that they sell all over the world.
...it's good stuff.
I've actually timed flights in or out of ABQ to make sure it is near lunch or dinner time! Good sopapillas (not sure on spelling) too.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Maybe it has gone down hill, many places do after the first several months. I had 2 decent lunches there when we were on the way home from a Rzr ride, but again that was awhile ago.

My favorite for lunch is the Carneceria. I don't even bother with any of the 'bertos during the day if I am in the car driving to get a quick lunch.
The street tacos at dos are worth it but otherwise... meh, I'd pass.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I can’t get enough of Las Golindrinas in San Juan Cap. A couple dozen mini burritos is the king of road trip snacks...

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I can’t get enough of Las Golindrinas in San Juan Cap. A couple dozen mini burritos is the king of road trip snacks...

There is also one in Mission Viejo - good food.

The nice thing about the mini burritos is they only give you the mini shits.

Speaking of Mission Viejo, Flamingos is really good, and was operating straight through the pandemic with indoor dining. They got my business for quite a while. Has some Al Pastor street tacos there last weekend.

Taboma

Reaction score

Wife and I got carne asado burritos at Chico's the other day, first time we've eaten there. Was surprised they had a $ 2.00 upcharge for anything with Carne Asada, supply issues apparently. The meat flavor was very good, and extremely tender, better than we normally get here around Escondido and well, there's no lack of Mexican food joints in this town.
BUT and it's a huge fuckin BUT ---- What the fuck is with filling and entire burrito with RICE ???????? That's it, some meat (Tender and yummy) but mostly a few lbs of damned rice.
Next time we'll try Carne Asada tacos, if they put rice in those, we're done.
But the Salsa and sauces were very tasty.

badgas

Reaction score
Yeah been going there for years and they've always been good. Drive another 1/2 mile down the street just east of Norwalk on your left tucked in the coner of that strip mall is Julian's Mexican Food. Some really good stuff but best to.take out as they don't really have a decent dining area.

These are both good spots, I live Cypress like 5 minutes from Julians. When i'm too lazy to make my own salsa I will stop in and grab their chips and salsa.

In OC Fiesta grill on 17th is great spot. Excellent hard shell shredded beef tacos and good hot salsa.

Navarros in Santa Ana is really good

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
There is also one in Mission Viejo - good food.

The nice thing about the mini burritos is they only give you the mini shits.

Speaking of Mission Viejo, Flamingos is really good, and was operating straight through the pandemic with indoor dining. They got my business for quite a while. Has some Al Pastor street tacos there last weekend.

You’re not lying. It hit me at that radio tower on Rice Rd between the 10fwy and the 62 stop sign.

That spot has more deuces on the ground than the worlds busiest dog park lol

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score

Havasu has an adult book store!??? 🤣 I'd bet that place is a Hoot!