WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

My wife found a little suprise in the pool this morning.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
I'm like Indiana Jones, handsome, tough, smart, daring but deathly afraid of snakes. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. My wife on the other hand just scooped out the little guy (my wife said she saw rattles on the tail but she could be wrong) and took him to the desert. Glad I wasn't home as I know she would have made me get him!

Bad part is, we have big open walls of doors we leave open all the time. I'm sure once construction calms down we will see less wildlife trying to get into the house.

Ugh! That's on our wet deck which is about 7 inches of water. He is very tiny as that white hole is for an umbrella and only about 3in diameter for reference.
153270.jpeg

outboard_256

Reaction score
My aunt got bit my a baby rattler, she almost died. Had to get helivac'd out of the desert. Doctors told us that the baby's were worse as when they bite they deliver all there venom where an adult only sprays out a little at a time each bite.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Can anyone tell if it is a rattlesnake? Gardner snakes look super similar too.

Keep in mind we literally live on a golf course that butts up to miles of desert. I'm sure there are thousands within yards of our home. New construction in our neighborhood too brings out all the critters.

We have seen coyotes walking right in front of our courtyard too when were leaving the house. Lucky we have tons of road runners around and they love little snakes.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
I dont use the F word, but fuck that! My wife took these of it.

153352.jpeg

153351.jpeg

Our house is one row in. I bet the people with the fences exposed to the desert really have issues.

She siad it didnt want to leave the bucket. Looks like a rattlesnake to me by the shape of the head.
153374.jpeg

153382.jpeg

Last edited:

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, that looks like a sidewinder rattle-snake. I could be wrong.
They have those horns on the top of their heads where as western diamondbacks (most common) do not.
Your wife is a VERY BRAVE soul . . . those things are GNARLY !
I had a baby Western Diamondback as a pet for a year or so, (totally illegal) kept it in a glass cage in the garage. We'd feed it live mice . . . crazy to watch the poison take effect. I stumbled home one night drunk and came in through the side door of the garage which was about 15 feet away from cage . . . the fucker lit-up his rattles so loud it scared the living shit out of me. Thought it'd gotten out of the cage! The fucker sensed my heat! That sober'd me right the fuck up. I put it in the freezer the next day for a permanent nap.
Sidewinder-Photo-by-Jerry-Schudda.jpg

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
Can anyone tell if it is a rattlesnake? Gardner snakes look super similar too.

Keep in mind we literally live on a golf course that butts up to miles of desert. I'm sure there are thousands within yards of our home. New construction in our neighborhood too brings out all the critters.

We have seen coyotes walking right in front of our courtyard too when were leaving the house. Lucky we have tons of road runners around and they love little snakes.

Looks like a sidewinder rattle snake.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
First of all, fuck that! What is more frightening than a swimming snake?!?!

Second, where do you live so I can make sure to never go there!

Lake Las Vegas. It's not urban by any stretch. Water out in the middle of the desert with lots of construction so a I get why a snake would show up.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Hats off to the wife, she's freaking tough. There's no way I'd be able to do that, like no chance at all.

That's how I feel. Well to be fair, she escaped a communist country literally crossing the Mekong river in the middle of the night and going under barbed wire fences to get to freedom then havong to live on dirt floors in refugee camps for another 4 years; so yeah she's pretty tough. Hahaha!

Backlash

Reaction score
I would have killed that bastard and skinned it out. It would make a nice set of boots! 😁

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
That's how I feel. Well to be fair, she escaped a communist country literally crossing the Mekong river in the middle of the night and going under barbed wire fences to get to freedom then havong to live on dirt floors in refugee camps for another 4 years; so yeah she's pretty tough. Hahaha!
I'm picturing the cartoons, where the character ties the snake into a bow!
Yes, your wife is a badass. I'm impressed by her actions...and a little afraid of her now :oops:

CLdrinker

Reaction score
You need to send your wife to counseling. There is something wrong with her.
1: she didn’t freak the fuck out
2: she didn’t kill it
3: she took the mother fucker on a god dam joy ride on her bike.

she is crazy as fuck!!!

Taboma

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, that looks like a sidewinder rattle-snake. I could be wrong.
They have those horns on the top of their heads where as western diamondbacks (most common) do not.
Your wife is a VERY BRAVE soul . . . those things are GNARLY !
I had a baby Western Diamondback as a pet for a year or so, (totally illegal) kept it in a glass cage in the garage. We'd feed it live mice . . . crazy to watch the poison take effect. I stumbled home one night drunk and came in through the side door of the garage which was about 15 feet away from cage . . . the fucker lit-up his rattles so loud it scared the living shit out of me. Thought it'd gotten out of the cage! The fucker sensed my heat! That sober'd me right the fuck up. I put it in the freezer the next day for a permanent nap.
View attachment 1007090

2nd look, I agree about it being a sidewinder --- hadn't paid close enough attention to the dark stripe behind the eye πŸ‘πŸ‘

Beaverretriever --- forget the bad info on the " They make good pets ", close those damn glass walls. 😲

We checked on some model homes along the top edge of a chaparral filled canyon, which is prime rattler country here in San Diego. Those home had the sliding glass walls all wide open, there's no way I'd leave those open unless I had the yard snake sealed.

DB / HAV

Reaction score
We recently had a bunch in our back yard, got most of them while I was home. Told the gardner to be cautious, he said the little ones are the worst, you can’t hear their rattling and they don’t know when to stop injecting the venom. He said the big ones, you can hear the rattle when he is using the blower?? Crazy...and that was definitely a rattlesnake

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
We have a young King Snake we are watching for the Summer. He would like to meet that rattler in a couple years, and eat it. LOL.

We call him King Julian.

20210528_203922.jpg

Sent Using Tapatalk

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
All Bullshit aside . . . a 'SideWinder' is a bitchin animal . . . Desert Dweller w/ a rad mojo . . . kudo's to your wife for not killing it. 🀘

She said she just didn't feel right killing something that had not harmed her as well us being in their natural habit. And last, she said she wanted to make sure she caught it and knew that she got rid of it. She stated with her luck she would have tried to kill it and it would have got away and slithered under our patio set or sonthing. Hahaha.

Last edited:

Rondog4405

Reaction score
We have a young King Snake we are watching for the Summer. He would like to meet that rattler in a couple years, and eat it. LOL.

We call him King Julian.

View attachment 1007379

Sent Using Tapatalk
Had one that size cruise through my back yard last week. I picked him up for a second til he swung around almost tagged me...I let him be on his wayπŸ™‚