WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

7:30 A. M. And the channel is already packed.

CobraDave

Reaction score
Im just curious what a small family is supposed to do ? Are they not allowed to set up a little beach ? Go out and do a little tubing maybe and come back to there stuff trashed because you think it was rude ? Not all eazy ups and chairs belong to a holes trying to steal everybodys fun .

So I get what you are saying and it’s not boats only. But you have to realize on a holiday weekend when there are more boats than parking spots, maybe you don’t put chairs and an EZ up 30 feet wide along the beach. And if you are looking to leave to boat or tube, no, you can’t just leave your Shit. It’s inconsiderate. The channel anyways, there are plenty of other places to do that on the lake/river.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PlanB

Reaction score
Im just curious what a small family is supposed to do ? Are they not allowed to set up a little beach ? Go out and do a little tubing maybe and come back to there stuff trashed because you think it was rude ? Not all eazy ups and chairs belong to a holes trying to steal everybodys fun .

That pic looks like the North side of the channel across from King’s View. They put them there either early this morning or left them overnight to save the spots. I have seen videos of the channel from this morning and there are unattended canopies and chairs everywhere. These are not people in a cove out for a boat ride.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Today looks like.....

1622313575848.jpeg
1622313575848.jpeg

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I still haven’t gotten used to the shit show.
It still baffles me that people think this is the only lake in existence.
Fact is my boating time has taken a meteoric dive since moving here.
I miss Shasta big time as far as actual recreational boating goes.

cole_skier

Reaction score
[/QUOTE
I miss Shasta too, and whiskeytown on the weekday evenings.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Is there a minimum hour to beach at the Channel? I thought it was Sunrise to Sunset?

Groper

Reaction score
Skiing all day and looking for a Gas Dock to fill up again ;)

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Me and my family have always stayed home on a holiday weekend. Tubing on a holiday would be a really bad idea.

77charger

Reaction score
I still think the old way get there early set up and play take your shit at end of day. Same for boats you leave you lose it.
I don’t see it as third grade tap tap it’s mine and I see this most for the channel. Now another beach on the lake not hard to differentiate between a weekend reservist or a family out tubing worst case someone stays back.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Is anybody up by pirates? Was in there Wednesday and they had flags on the beach to keep the boats spaced apart. Wondering how that will go today.

nowski

Reaction score
Is anybody up by pirates? Was in there Wednesday and they had flags on the beach to keep the boats spaced apart. Wondering how that will go today.

Those flags were up last weekend and were totally meaningless...

My wife told me to take a look at The Pirates Menu while walking to the restaurant, I'm not sure (pic 9) if this is what she had in mind...

-1.jpg
-2.jpg
-3.jpg
-4.jpg
-5.jpg
-6.jpg
-7.jpg
-8.jpg
-9.jpg

Last edited:

gqchris

Reaction score
That's one way to keep boating safe, not my cup of tea...

In reality you don't need to own a boat to hang out in the channel, what a concept...

Thats what I am saying. a few weeks back it was just me and my buddy out to move my boat to its new storage. We said fuck it, we will just walk the channel with no boat. Was awesome! Made friends with a few cabana boats and got fed all day! Why would you wake up at 3am to get a spot to sit all day? Its so strange to me.

grumpy88

Reaction score
Me and my family have always stayed home on a holiday weekend. Tubing on a holiday would be a really bad idea.
I agree but it was just to make the point of not every open chair ,ezup or buoy was left by somebody to hold a space for multiple days .

Bugginout

Reaction score
We left Friday night to get away from the jackassery lol my wife asked if we were getting old🤣 we enjoy the middle of the week when you can pull up with the boat and go have lunch. Big weekend's are a pain in the ass to me anymore. But I am married with kids. It's still funny to watch a boat with 10 dude's rolling around pretending that they are gonna get lucky.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Move your feet lose your seat......

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Holiday weekends are amateur hour. No thanks. Too many dumb people out and potential for bad shit to happen is increased exponentially. Guess when you have kids your view changes on these weekends. They’re a young mans game or a retired couples game with no kids watching the madness from a distance like maybe throw an anchor in Thompson bay or something.

Getting up in the middle of the night to secure a channel spot? 😂😂 that shit makes zero sense to me and being in the middle of the shit show doesn’t appeal to me any more. During dessert storm I’d never seen the lake so crowded. I couldn’t get away from the channel fast enough. 😂😂
Last year, every weekend was a holiday weekend. Hell, weekdays were crowded. I think this year is it for us, at least for awhile. I sure love being out there, but damn, it has really changed.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
sleeping on the boat overnight at 3 dunes or steam boat actually sounds kinda fun. Ran it by the wife. We’re doing it this coming fall.
There are better spots for overnight.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
So I get what you are saying and it’s not boats only. But you have to realize on a holiday weekend when there are more boats than parking spots, maybe you don’t put chairs and an EZ up 30 feet wide along the beach. And if you are looking to leave to boat or tube, no, you can’t just leave your Shit. It’s inconsiderate. The channel anyways, there are plenty of other places to do that on the lake/river.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aka

go be poor somewhere else

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
You locals should get to the channel really early and grab a spot. Then at about 10am after coffee hold up a sign that says "buy this spot for $250" lol

That is already being done by the Cabana barges and I am not sure they would think kindly of someone taking away their business. :looking:

zbudman

Coors Light Strong
Reaction score
Followed some guy to the overflow trailer parking at Windsor this morning. Totally hits a parked trailer. He just parked , looked at his trailer and walked off. Never went to see the other trailer or leave a note.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Had a great day today, just got on the water earlier than normal. We were at Windsor at 7:30, but had 0 wait to get on the water. We had an awesome ride down river, and got off a little earlier than normal, around 3PM with no wait or drama.

Magically there is no drama when you go to places where the holiday boaters aren’t. :)

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
High fuel prices... No problem...
Hey honey put $20 in the tank... that should handle the weekend boat fuel...

I remember an old post... maybe HB days.... some baller was complaining about the cost of fuel and said... thats why he parks in the channel....

Shit.... just bring out your Eze up. Cooler, chairs and a super soaker... you will fit right in....

PS, that is my D.I.L. perfect bpat weekend... which I do "ONE FUCKING DAY OF THE YEAR" on her B.D. sit in the channel at Pirates cove...

Me personally... I enjoy burning a tank of fuel each day, while playing on the water... (which her daughers, my GRANDDAUGHTERS.. are boarding, skiing, wake surfing and tubing every minute they can.... Ithats why we bought the boat... ps, we put on 500 hours 1st 3 years... only have 1,500 hrs after 16 years... slowed down during the early 20 years)

Oh well??? Each his own...

dezrtracer

Reaction score
No problem today Woke up around 10am grabbed a little food out of the fridge and loaded the ice chest with beer . Met a bunch of RDPER'S in the channel and watched all the festivities take place and had a blast. Guess I'm not too old to see the fun side of Havasu .

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Our boat actually has ac. I need to yank it out. We don’t live in the mid west or Florida!!
How does that system work, im guessing the conpressor isn't driven off the serpentine system like a car. I'd like to put a system on the formula for my kid

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
No problem today Woke up around 10am grabbed a little food out of the fridge and loaded the ice chest with beer . Met a bunch of RDPER'S in the channel and watched all the festivities take place and had a blast. Guess I'm not too old to see the fun side of Havasu .
It was good getting to met you, ill have a beer with you anytime!

Tank

Reaction score
How does that system work, im guessing the conpressor isn't driven off the serpentine system like a car. I'd like to put a system on the formula for my kid

You know, I have zero idea. I’ve never turned it on or even tried. Barrett was digging around in there and asked me if I wanted to replace it and I was like no, yank it out. But it’s still in there for now.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score

The only ones I had seen were on bigger boats, and had gensets in the the engine bay. I had looked into 12v compressors, but the amp draw was pretty heavy. Even with a couple deep cycles you'd have to charge them a bit.
Other option would be small window mount, and a small portable genny.
Lots of designs for 12v swamp coolers. Some of them work really well, and the amp load is pretty minimal.

Tank

Reaction score
The only ones I had seen were on bigger boats, and had gensets in the the engine bay. I had looked into 12v compressors, but the amp draw was pretty heavy. Even with a couple deep cycles you'd have to charge them a bit.
Lots of designs for 12v swamp coolers. Some of them work really well, and the amp load is pretty minimal.

I bet ours is more of a swap cooler. I’ll
Have to look
At it closer. Basically no use to us. I think
It’d be more trouble than it’s worth. We don’t boat in the super heat in July and august so really no need for it

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
I've seen the bilge compressors before, I have plenty of room in the bilge it's just running hoses and punch holes in bulkheads I'm not thrilled about

WATERDOG

Eliminator Eagle Flying free in the heavens above!
Reaction score
Followed some guy to the overflow trailer parking at Windsor this morning. Totally hits a parked trailer. He just parked , looked at his trailer and walked off. Never went to see the other trailer or leave a note.
Did you happen to get pic or plate #? Lady in another group is looking for witnesses.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

In the channel? Lol.

Reactions: DWC

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

goto the south end of the lake.. even this weekend there are very few boats and lots of smooth water.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I have an AC system that was pulled out of a 40’ Hallett I want to sell.