WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

130 mph Placecraft jet boat video

cyclone

My name is Mike and I have a boating problem.
Reaction score
I made a change to the bottom of my jet boat and picked up 15 mph. This is 8 psi of boost and 7,000 rpm with the largest impeller I can fit into the jet drive.

Now that the bottom of the boat works a lot better I'll start feeding the 711ci Hemi a bit more boost. I'm hoping to have her all dialed in before 4th of July. I'm taking her to the Big River for the first time. :)

I dont have any new progress on the Eliminator Daytona; still waiting on parts for it.

TimeBandit

Reaction score
Some sobering comments in your video "if the ignition shuts off, the boat crashes"

Maybe add kevlar flip flops to the wardrobe.

1700 h.p., it must accelerate like being strapped to a rocket.

overdue

STARTING OVER
Reaction score
Bad ass boat ,,,,,, blueprinting the right way ,,,, by feel

renodaytona

Reaction score
So bad ass! Like I said in my comment on you tube, props to the person who provided the template for the keel mod.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
That kick ass. It’s amazing how such small changes can get big results. Great to see you pumped on the boat again!

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Thank you for showing what you did and why. Still learning about how stuff like that works, and never would have guessed the intake curvature would change the demeanor of the boat. Cool stuff!

HBCraig

Reaction score
I made a change to the bottom of my jet boat and picked up 15 mph. This is 8 psi of boost and 7,000 rpm with the largest impeller I can fit into the jet drive.

Now that the bottom of the boat works a lot better I'll start feeding the 711ci Hemi a bit more boost. I'm hoping to have her all dialed in before 4th of July. I'm taking her to the Big River for the first time. :)

I dont have any new progress on the Eliminator Daytona; still waiting on parts for it.
Mike
Is this "template" synonymous to a "hook" in a conventional V hull? My brother had a 1982 Eliminator Sprint that he removed the hook. It was the funnest boat I have ever driven

Rogers Hopeful

Reaction score
Are you going to be in big river for the 4th or the weekend after? Would love to see the boat up close

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
How come you're not running a CP hull?

Looks? Function? Both?

Just curious. Cool vid. 👍

cyclone

Reaction score
So bad ass! Like I said in my comment on you tube, props to the person who provided the template for the keel mod.
I made that template off the keel of my 21' Eliminator Daytona, which was modified by Jeff Bennett. Jeff gave me permission to copy it. He's the best there is at making jet boats work.

cyclone

Reaction score
How come you're not running a CP hull?

Looks? Function? Both?

Just curious. Cool vid. 👍
CP makes a great hull. I just wanted to try something different and I figured the tunnel bottom of the Placecraft would be a little safer at high speeds than the gullwing (basically v-bottom) of the CP. I don't know if it is or isn't safer, it's merely an assumption on my part.

lebel409

Reaction score
Mike
Is this "template" synonymous to a "hook" in a conventional V hull? My brother had a 1982 Eliminator Sprint that he removed the hook. It was the funnest boat I have ever driven
Hook is a curve down from straight, rocker is a curve up from straight. Although we (most of us) assume the bottom is flat there is often compound shapes that get the boat to leave the hole, set, loosen up, etc,. Weight, balance, rotation, prop (if appliable) all are important variables.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
CP makes a great hull. I just wanted to try something different and I figured the tunnel bottom of the Placecraft would be a little safer at high speeds than the gullwing (basically v-bottom) of the CP. I don't know if it is or isn't safer, it's merely an assumption on my part.

Understood.

There a couple of fast CP's on here...

@brgrcru

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Is the Placecraft a splash off the Rogers Dragstar? I've had some underwear changing rides in one of those haha.

cyclone

Reaction score
Is the Placecraft a splash off the Rogers Dragstar? I've had some underwear changing rides in one of those haha.
no. the Dragstar is nothing like any of the Placecraft hull designs.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
You mean someone actually does have a 100mph Jetboat?

cyclone

Reaction score
My fault I meant Southwind
im not an expert but the Gen 1 to Gen 3 are similar to the southwind. The one I have, which is a Tom Peterson Gen 4 Placecraft is very different from the old Southwind tunnel dragster. The Gen 4 has no pod on the back of it and its a longer hull.

PaPaG

Reaction score
That boat is NOTHING BUT BAD ASS AMAZING. Love the videos....congrats on those numbers.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Nicely done. Looks like a great day in many ways on the water that day.

BigRedBryan

Reaction score

Bring it up to Parker one day while you're out here, would love to check it out

Blackmagic94

Reaction score

How much boost did that take to run the 130 and how much more do you have left?