WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I can't help but blame the Covid shot.....

HotRod82

Reaction score
So my Dad is a freak of nature, at 86, he still walks 2 miles every morning and works in his yard at least 4 hours a day. He's still sharp mentally, drives very well, and drinks the better part of a twelve pack of Bud Light every day......until 3 days ago. Now, he suddenly has intense pain in his legs and can barley walk to the mailbox. He got the second Moderna shot about 4 weeks ago. I can't help but be suspicious of the damn covid shot. I know he's 86, but all of the sudden out of nowhere? So far the Dr. is stumped. All heart related tests show negative. Another ultrasound scheduled tomorrow.....

I know this will likely get political so I posted it here in the dungeon.....and no I haven't taken the vax.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
So my Dad is a freak of nature, at 86, he still walks 2 miles every morning and works in his yard at least 4 hours a day. He's still sharp mentally, drives very well, and drinks the better part of a twelve pack of Bud Light every day......until 3 days ago. Now, he suddenly has intense pain in his legs and can barley walk to the mailbox. He got the second Moderna shot about 4 weeks ago. I can't help but be suspicious of the damn covid shot. I know he's 86, but all of the sudden out of nowhere? So far the Dr. is stumped. All heart related tests show negative. Another ultrasound scheduled tomorrow.....

I know this will likely get political so I posted it here in the dungeon.....and no I haven't taken the vax.

The Moderna jab seems to be the worst of them all.

In-Laws neighbor in the hospital for a month, incubated the day after the second Moderna, couldn't breathe.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
My son is getting his 2nd shot next week.. with his work... he travels world wide... id love to convince him of maybe hold off for a while...???
But, he's 36... Grown ASS MAN!!!

Thoughts and prayers to ALL..

HR82 I hope Pops bounces right back in the saddle.... CHEERS 🍻 to Pops

propcheck

Reaction score
Prayers and best wishes for your father. I hope it passes soon and can get back to his normal

Hoodoo

Reaction score
I’m in the Ag business and don’t interact with the public at work, so my orbit is not that big but I personally know of several dangerously adverse reactions to the vaccine. I’m still holding off. Hope your Dad gets well.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
This may sound stupid, but I wonder if the vaccine can cause inflamation in joints and such? I know they use different anti-inflamatories, vicodin and codine stuff, to settle down inflamation in lungs causing persistent caughing. I wonder in this case if what may normally inflame the lungs, has caused inflamation in his joints? Whatever the case, hope he feels better soon.

No reason for it to be political. He's your Pops, and he's sick. Doesn't matter the how or why for now. Nobody here wishes ill towards others' kin. Maybe another inmate or two every once in a while, but usually just fleeting thoughts...like an F'd up dysfunctional extended family.

just_floatin

Reaction score

Sorry to hear about your father. I hope he pulls through.
I experienced a very similar situation with my father of 85. He took the second pfizer jab last month and Saturday night he gets out of bed to turn off the ceiling fan and falls flat breaking his right Femur bone in two. Mom calls 911 off to Kaiser and emergency surgery. Now he is laid up in a rehab center and maybe never going home unless he can stand on one leg and use the pot. The day prior he mowed the front and back yard and all was well. While I am not ready to blame the jab, the common denominator seems to be the jab. Who knows... Fuck!

HotRod82

Reaction score
Thanks for all the well wishes Gents.....it means a lot.
Dad was between a rock and a hard place with the vaccine, if it was just up to him he would not have taken it. The problem is with my Mom, she's 75, been smoking for 76 years and has Parkinsons. My Dad said very matter of fact, if Mom were to get Covid it would likely kill her.....so they both took the shot. Neither had any reaction to it whatsoever.

Dad is an old school tough SOB...and the most optimistic person I know. If anyone can recover from this, he will.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Dad was between a rock and a hard place with the vaccine, if it was just up to him he would not have taken it. The problem is with my Mom, she's 75, been smoking for 76 years and has Parkinsons. My Dad said very matter of fact, if Mom were to get Covid it would likely kill her.....so they both took the shot. Neither had any reaction to it whatsoever.

Dad is an old school tough SOB...and the most optimistic person I know. If anyone can recover from this, he will.
I was at my friends house yesteday, running a motor on his run stand. He's 83. Tough little booger, old school engine machinist. I asked him if he'd gotten the vaccine. He told me yes, at his age anything to help his odds a little bit are a plus. He had a pacemaker put in at the onset of this stuff, last March. In his eyes, any long term effects he won't be around for. He's still building motors, and living life...and that beats the alternatives. No mask, and just got back from a 3 week road trip towing his camp trailer to Washington!

dnewps

Banned
Reaction score

Your dad did the right thing. For all the reasons you mentioned. 2 things can be true at once.

AzMandella

Reaction score
My neighbor’s teenage daughter got the shot and right away had her airway swell shut and is in the hospital.
Sounds like anaphylactic shock . Could have happened with any other drug if she did not know what her allergies were .

AzMandella

Reaction score
I am a smoker for 37 yrs . Figure if I get covid I'm a gonner . I got my first Maderna shot and absolutely nothing . My wife who works with elderly and my daughter who works in the same place got their shots back in Feb . Nothing with either first or second . Mom and dad , my mother in law , brother and sister in law all have had the Maderna shots and absolutely nothing from either dose . Just like any other drug it affects people differently . Seems those with low immune systems have a rougher time with it .

Rye

Reaction score
Moderna here, other than a slightly sore arm no side effects from either shot.

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
Thoughts and prayers to those with family members having health struggles. I hope they recover soon to be home with their families.

HotRod82

Reaction score
I am a smoker for 37 yrs . Figure if I get covid I'm a gonner . I got my first Maderna shot and absolutely nothing . My wife who works with elderly and my daughter who works in the same place got their shots back in Feb . Nothing with either first or second . Mom and dad , my mother in law , brother and sister in law all have had the Maderna shots and absolutely nothing from either dose . Just like any other drug it affects people differently . Seems those with low immune systems have a rougher time with it .

This is the scary part of this situation, both of my parents had no reaction either. From what I am reading the immediate reactions are typically not serious, it's the delayed reaction which are becoming more serious. Again, I don't know if this is all from the shot or not.....I wish it wasn't part of the equation at all.

Universal Elements

Reaction score

gmnhra

Reaction score
get pops a script for prensone....miracle steroid for inflammation

Tom Slick

Reaction score

Any update on your dad?

gmnhra

Reaction score
my typing/spelling sucks
Prednisone is correct

HotRod82

Reaction score
Any update on your dad?

Unfortunately no....several tests performed, stress test, ultrasound, etc. No signs of clotting or blockages. They did put him on a blood thinner as a precaution. The good news is he is feeling better and can walk a few hundred yards at a time without the massive pain. Another appointment on Friday, maybe we will learn something new....My Dad never worries about anything, but this is clearly bothering him.

Canuck 1

Midget Hater
Reaction score

Same deal for my father in law on Monday,

HotRod82

Reaction score
Update - as of today, Dad is back to walking his normal 2 miles a day. He quit taking the prescribed blood thinners because they made his legs swell and his jaw hurt. That's right, blood thinners make your jaw hurt.....in my Dad's words "whatever that shit is it can't be good for you."

Knowing he has a stint in his aorta, the Dr. focused there, and with circulation in general. After several tests and 2 ultrasounds, Dr. said "your circulation is way better than average for an 86 year old, I mean, way better." He is stumped. I told my Dad to drink more water and do some more stretching, I gave him some liquid IV to try.
So he's almost back to normal, was it that damn shot? OR is it just the fact he's 86? who knows???

Thanks again for the well wishes and kind words.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Glad he's up and running again! It had been a bit, and that worries me to ask. Who knows if it was the shot or the age, maybe a mix. Doesn't matter much as long as it's behind him.

Taboma

Reaction score

What he states in the article is, the natural immunity from having contracted COVID 19. Here's two quotes --- " A professor at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine said Tuesday that almost “half the country” has natural immunity from COVID-19 due to prior infection. "
“Please, ignore the CDC guidance,” he added. “Live a normal life, unless you are unvaccinated and did not have the infection, in which case you need to be careful.”

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
What he states in the article is, the natural immunity from having contracted COVID 19. Here's two quotes --- " A professor at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine said Tuesday that almost “half the country” has natural immunity from COVID-19 due to prior infection. "
“Please, ignore the CDC guidance,” he added. “Live a normal life, unless you are unvaccinated and did not have the infection, in which case you need to be careful.”
Ok, so how else would people get the immunity? Multiple studies last year proved that 3 - 8 times more people got CV-19 than tested positive. 38 million positives times 3x is roughly equal to half the population in the US.

Those of us paying attention to details were aware of this.

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

Taboma

Reaction score
Ok, so how else would people get the immunity? Multiple studies last year proved that 3 - 8 times more people got CV-19 than tested positive. 38 million positives times 3x is roughly equal to half the population in the US.

Those of us paying attention to details were aware of this.

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

Not arguing, simply clarifying that having contracted COVID-19 was the authors qualifier for having acquired the possible "Natural" immunity. The term "Natural" could have been misleading to some. There's also the possibility that many who caught it, didn't realize it, weren't tested or the tests were wrong. The other possible is, they thought they had it and didn't. The professors last quote does urge caution.
I've read they're conducting bone marrow research in this regard, hopefully it might lead to improved testing that wouldn't require an actual bone marrow tap.

HotRod82

Reaction score
Well here we are two months later and it looks like my initial suspicion of the shot causing the leg pain was true. Two of my Dad's friends got the same shot, and the same lower leg pain. So now, Dad just had a quarter sized lump of skin cancer taken off the top of his head. The lump literally popped up overnight. This is the first time anyone in our family has ever had any type of cancer. He said it was NOT Melanoma, the Dr. was confident he got it all and just said to keep an eye on it.

So here I am again suspecting that damn shot again.......Maybe it's just a coincidence, who knows?

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Well here we are two months later and it looks like my initial suspicion of the shot causing the leg pain was true. Two of my Dad's friends got the same shot, and the same lower leg pain. So now, Dad just had a quarter sized lump of skin cancer taken off the top of his head. The lump literally popped up overnight. This is the first time anyone in our family has ever had any type of cancer. He said it was NOT Melanoma, the Dr. was confident he got it all and just said to keep an eye on it.

So here I am again suspecting that damn shot again.......Maybe it's just a coincidence, who knows?
My joints have been hurting since that damn shot. I don’t lift heavy right now because my joints hurts. Wife closed the Bimini on my finger and I thought I broke it but I sprained it and it’s hurt for a few weeks now. I don’t know if it’s the shot but I know my kids won’t be getting it. Im my mind I got it so they don’t have to. If that means pay for private school whatever that’s why I needed to keep my job.

moderna shot. Second does was April 2

Dalton

Reaction score
I had leg pain also, specifically my right calf muscle, stomach pain also. My wrist was hurting also and I thought I just slept weird, nope, read some reports and that’s related also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk