IMG_2215.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Busy day:
Was talking to LASD Bomb Squad when they got called up:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Man, I can't help but think there's more to it than a "disgruntled" fireman. Thinking family or female ties. I've been pretty pissed off at coworkers and bosses, never shot any...and then to torch your own home, the thing you've worked hardest for? I don't know, maybe he was fired and losing everything?
Sad, F'd up deal all around.

Edit: just saw DUI and domestic stuff...makes more sense....

Dalton

Reaction score
A lot of people on social media commenting a fire fighter couldn’t afford a house like that- defund firefighters coming next?

sintax

Reaction score
A lot of people on social media commenting a fire fighter couldn’t afford a house like that- defund firefighters coming next?

naw.... everyone loves firemen!

boatpi

Reaction score
I bet he blew his brains out after setting house on fire while inside. Rip to firefighters

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Yeah probably not gonna make that money anywhere else around there

Co worker had similar property ranch style home up there on 2 acres for $525 back in 2011.
Worth plenty more now

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Falling down:
Lost career, marriage, house (soon)
Odds from past events are he shot Captain who delivered his final leave paperwork , and or anyone he thought wronged him.

Happens too often
Yep, especially in the fire service where the brotherhood is a way of life. There are some guys who I know personally that can't function outside the fire life. The job of being a firefighter becomes their identity. If he had lost or was loosing that social group mixed with a poor home life it is a real possibility that he saw no other way out.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

azsunfun

Reaction score
unless you're a child molester facing life in prison with bubba no other way out, you can be bum in cali, always human nature to help others, so theres always help, and a path foreward for any problems.? ( needless act)

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
Yep, especially in the fire service where the brotherhood is a way of life. There are some guys who I know personally that can't function outside the fire life. The job of being a firefighter becomes their identity. If he had lost or was loosing that social group mixed with a poor home life it is a real possibility that he saw no other way out.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

this is VERY true.

Magic Mike

Reaction score
It was a love triangle type deal...

Very sad and tragic.

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
What ever the why it’s tragic. Very sad for all involved.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Brought this back, out of respect for the fallen one's family. There was a daughter graduating...and the firemen stepped up to support her.
Fuck me, hard to fathom.

Anger should have been directed to the system not the co worker. So sad to see since I have a close friend in the system....

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Anger should have been directed to the system not the co worker. So sad to see since I have a close friend in the system....
Unfortunately, the anger clouds judgment, as would stress or depression. The guy who pulled the trigger was not in his right mind, as most anyone who commits murder, or suicide. Both are permanent solutions for temporary problems. No one knows what goes through another's head. It is not just first responders or soldiers, everyone has their demons and their limits...

X Hoser

Reaction score
Every Cop is considering this as a possible motive.
it happens a lot with Cops but less shootings because everyone knows everyone else is armed.
Hope it’s not the reason but has happened a lot in both fields.
From what I’ve been told it was not the reason. But regardless of the reason, such a tragic event. It’s a different world out there right now from what I grew up in. Prayers for all of the First Responders out there, especially LEO as they have it real tough right now. Just gotta say, if I am able, I’ve got your back in any way I can.