WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Nice! State Farm Dividend Checks

Singleton

Reaction score
I got over 500 for the 4 vehicles in my fleet

Reactions: C-2

Taboma

Reaction score
Opened the mail just now and found four checks totaling $450. Who else?

We received three checks a week ago, plus saved a bunch putting so few miles on both my truck and wife's car this past year. Also have SF on the house and received a letter about them hiring and dispatching a private fire mitigation team in the event we're in harm's way from a wildfire. 👍

havasubum

Reaction score
What are they sending checks for? Looks like I need to go check the mail.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
No rebates but have been getting deep monthly discounts with USAA.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
We dumped them and save a little more than that 😎

hallett3

Reaction score
I got 4 checks yesterday from StateFarm 450 bucks

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Just got 4 for my fleet of 4. Just under 600. Didn't get shit for the bote or the quads or travel trailer or the house. Guess they didn't bone me on these.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
I have SF. All I got today was a postcard from yet another dentist. Maybe my breath stinks like an anchovies twat. :p

J&k beer can

Reaction score
Got 4 checks just on our cali policies....
Nothing on Az policies...

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
My dad just received $240 for his house and car.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
No rebates but have been getting deep monthly discounts with USAA.
Same, I think 4-5 times now. Can't swear it in discounts or checks in the mail. It's just what the wife tells me.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I get money every year from USAA

Same.
I was paying lump sum every 6 months and getting a healthy credit bi-annually.
So I started breaking up the payments and I see a discount each month now.
I looked at policy cost to see if it was just a numbers shuffle for the illusion of discount, but no, it’s an actual refund/ discount compared to previous billing cycles.

Taboma

Reaction score
Sounds like it’s not only the weather that’s better after all.

I'm sure it was based on # of claims paid on. With so many working from home, far fewer miles driven and reduction in fender benders, especially during the winter months, since Californians think drifting is a sport to be played on rainy days.
So State Farm's explanation was --- We didn't cost them as much $$, so bless their generous souls, they're sharing. 😍
Not sure why AZ didn't enjoy the same good will. Perhaps with so many heading to AZ as the new Vacation mecca, there were more claims or no reduction ????

For the record, weather is rather amazing at my humble abode, unless of course there's a Santa Ana wind blown fire at my front door. :eek:

Singleton

Reaction score
I'm sure it was based on # of claims paid on. With so many working from home, far fewer miles driven and reduction in fender benders, especially during the winter months, since Californians think drifting is a sport to be played on rainy days.
So State Farm's explanation was --- We didn't cost them as much $$, so bless their generous souls, they're sharing. 😍
Not sure why AZ didn't enjoy the same good will. Perhaps with so many heading to AZ as the new Vacation mecca, there were more claims or no reduction ????

For the record, weather is rather amazing at my humble abode, unless of course there's a Santa Ana wind blown fire at my front door. :eek:

It has something to do with CA. My SF insured cars in CO got nothing back, but the policy was reduced when we renewed them in August 2020 compared to 2019. My policies in CA had zero adjustments for lack for driving

Taboma

Reaction score
It has something to do with CA. My SF insured cars in CO got nothing back, but the policy was reduced when we renewed them in August 2020 compared to 2019. My policies in CA had zero adjustments for lack for driving

I received rebates on two of our three CA cars due to reduced miles driven. I don't recall all the policy or program particulars, but when my wife's working from the company office, it's really close by. Me being retired, my 18' Raptor just broke 20K miles and many of those are Havasu trips, my 12' Hennessey Camaro is a friggin garage queen with 7K miles.
So our program is, we're on a short leash with SF mileage wise and we get discounts accordingly. I submit our mileage annually, our premiums get adjusted accordingly.
The past year my wife's worked from home and we haven't been out much using my truck. Submitting very low mileage resulted in a premium savings.

Singleton

Reaction score
I received rebates on two of our three CA cars due to reduced miles driven. I don't recall all the policy or program particulars, but when my wife's working from the company office, it's really close by. Me being retired, my 18' Raptor just broke 20K miles and many of those are Havasu trips, my 12' Hennessey Camaro is a friggin garage queen with 7K miles.
So our program is, we're on a short leash with SF mileage wise and we get discounts accordingly. I submit our mileage annually, our premiums get adjusted accordingly.
The past year my wife's worked from home and we haven't been out much using my truck. Submitting very low mileage resulted in a premium savings.

my policies already had those reduced miles calculated.
Wife’s office was 4 miles from house and I work from home. Since Covid hit the daily miles went down, but weekend miles increased (more Havasu / off-road trips), so the miles 2019 compared to 2020 was almost eqaul.

79 HUSTLER

Reaction score
So this is sounding like just a California refund?

sirbob

Reaction score
A bit of a nice surprise today...

Grand total $587.61

0DC2EF90-3A0F-4154-B081-04F886BACA01.jpeg
5F88CBCA-2463-41A5-A5C3-7D0D67641368.jpeg

Last edited:

boatnam2

Reaction score
Got 5 yesterday, thanks for tip, they would of been laying there for weeks.

EmpirE231

Reaction score
Don't get too excited fellas.... rates are going up lol

state farm is a "mutual company" Last year was a low loss year due to shutdowns, hence the refund checks. Ever since most shutdowns were lifted, claims are through the roof lol.... so about 98% of insurance companies in CA have filed for rate increases.... home and auto.

Shrub Lurker

Reaction score
I get a ton more than that EVERY MONTH from them.

But I worked there for almost 30 years 😊

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Wasn't there some class-action suits about overcharging??
Oh, and did Jake sign the checks?🙂

Spudsbud

Reaction score
"dividend "checks = partial refund for over payments!

Ricks raft

Reaction score
These “dividends” can’t be based on individul policies but overall risks being down. My mileages from the last year are up about 20%. Got about $300 Back.
What is even stranger is we’ve had to use covered ca (blue shield) for our health ins since it went insane from Obama care. And got a statement of $0 due this month.