WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Dog needs a new home ASAP for FREE!

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Anybody want a dog for free? We adopted this guy about 6 months ago from his original owners. They were in a condo with 4 kids and no room. He is a 3 1/2 year old mix of Brown Lab and Weimaraner, is neutered and fully vaccinated, and weighs close to 90 lbs. He knows all the basic commands and is kennel trained (sleeps in it at night). Will give hugs and kisses if he likes you. On walks he will pull to sniff anything within reach, and some out of reach, for the first 1/4 mile or so, but calms down after that. He does bark at the gate to passerby's, and will bark if someone is coming up to the house or parked in front.

He needs to be the only pet unless you have the time to really socialize him. I do not, and he has proven to be aggressive towards my other dog (mainly play full aggression) and down right mean towards visiting dogs on property. On walks he's never tried to go after anything, but I do not like the aggression between him and the neighbor dogs at the gate. Today we had an incident with the neighbor dog and him, both out of the yard and off leash. Too close of a bad deal for me, so this dog needs to go.

He is very people friendly and I HAVE ZERO ISSUE WITH HIM AROUND MY KIDS, FAMILY, OR PEOPLE VISITING. His only issue with aggression is towards other dogs on the property which may or may not be a good thing for someone else.

At any rate, he comes with a collapsible kennel, dog dishes and food water stand, leash and collar, and whatever dog food we have at the time.

Calling me selfish or lazy in this case is probably the easiest explanation. I simply do not have the time to properly socialize him. He really is a good dog with people.

I do not post my cell phone in public, so PM me if interested. Local to the 15 and 60 freeway and do not have a problem with you coming to the house to meet him, or we could meet somewhere semi local.

Buster.jpg
buster 2.jpg

grumpy88

Reaction score
Crazy how some dogs behave that way . Our dog is crazy protective of her space with other dogs but not humans . Great looking dog . Wish you luck 🤞🏻

Reactions: t&y

Mikes56

Reaction score
My golden retriever was an asshole on the leash. He almost went to the pound a couple times. My wife enrolled him in obedience training with a dog trainer in Agua Dulce and he is a whole different dog. The class is every Saturday for one hour and five weeks long. It may be worth a try if you like the dog.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
I wish we could we have 4 now at the ranch , our pups would teach him real fast pecking order but he would fit in and be a good pup, Jake is 180 lbs ( lap dog 😂) Stella is Queen Bitch , the girl is old but will be pampered until her time is due ❤️

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
To bad he's a dick Nala could use a RV travel partner.
IMG_20210603_100611896.jpg

Bear Down

Reaction score
comes with a collapsible kennel, dog dishes and food water stand, leash and collar, and whatever dog food we have at the time.

Calling me selfish or lazy in this case is probably the easiest explanation. I simply do not have the time to properly socialize him. He really is a good dog with people.

View attachment 1009807

Not Lazy... you just recognize the issue and your limitations... Kudos to you for going Ugly and solving the issue or potential there of. Good luck with finding him a good home that he can thrive in, he will most likely be best suited with a large property home.

JDKRXW

Reaction score
His only issue with aggression is towards other dogs on the property which may or may not be a good thing for someone else.

Perfect farm dog!
Sorry you have to re-home him -- but sounds like you're making the right decision.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Might be going to a rescue shortly. If anybody is interested, you need to speak up.

Pic of him next to our GS. The GS is not going anywhere.
buster3.jpg

hallett21

Reaction score
Shot this to my wife. She’s going to blast it to a few people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Found a Weimaraner rescue that is actively looking for a single pet family home. If it goes through them it's 500 -600 bucks. Buster really is a good dog with people. Again, no concerns with him around kids or visiting friends.

The place also offers obedience training but I don't think it would work out logistically for us.

In the mean time, if you are interested and want to come check him out just shoot me a pm.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Rescue is tryin to find him a home, but he is still at our house if anyone is interested.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Still working with Buster. He is at training again today. Very smart dog, people friendly, yes even the little ones. Just needs a good single pet home, or a home with more alpha dogs to keep him in check.

wzuber

Reaction score
Call Darcy or Emily @ Hope dog training and boarding in Norco. They may be able to post up an ad there or help with training etc. Their really great, talented people and Darcy is retired LEO.
HOPE- 951/532-7067

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Hang in there. You are doing the right thing. It took me over a year to find a good home for a red nose pit. Finally found the proper house for him.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Call Darcy or Emily @ Hope dog training and boarding in Norco. They may be able to post up an ad there or help with training etc. Their really great, talented people and Darcy is retired LEO.
HOPE- 951/532-7067
That is where he is going. Just picked him up actually. We will probably be dropping him off there for a week and then coordinating dual training with him and the Geman Shepherd. Sounds like a lot of the issues we are seeing are related to the GS still having huge hanging balls. 😂 Those will be gone as soon as we can get the schedules to match up.

Reactions: DWC

wzuber

Reaction score
That is where he is going. Just picked him up actually. We will probably be dropping him off there for a week and then coordinating dual training with him and the Geman Shepherd. Sounds like a lot of the issues we are seeing are related to the GS still having huge hanging balls. 😂 Those will be gone as soon as we can get the schedules to match up.
Right on.....glad to hear you are able make some positive progress. Those awesome ladies really came thru for us with our 1 yr old rescue pit Titan. He had severe separation anxiety and no training whatsoever when we adopted him. He was a handful but still a great dog.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Still considering letting him go to the right family. I've put about 800 into getting him some formal training and a bit of socialization. He has calmed down a bit for sure, but still has that aggression towards the neighbor dog. It annoys the wife quite a bit and you know the saying. We got the right collar for him which makes walking him about as easy as it will ever be unless you simply never leash your dog. He is full of energy and loves to play for hours. Needs a bit of space to move around unless you plan on walking him daily for a few miles.

PM me if interested.