WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

CA assault weapon ban overturned!!!

Javajoe

Reaction score
It’s about fuckin time!!! Judge says they are overwhelmingly owned by gun abiding citizens and go against the Constitution

0FE7F44D-E7BC-402F-A673-346DFBDC67A3.jpeg

77charger

Reaction score
Well it will get appealed and sit in the courts for years afterall look at the magazine ban.(i dont know the legal jimbo words)but basically the ban will still be in place til appeal is ruled on

But if it was a gay rights issue or other social deal the ruling would stand and and be in place during the appeal process

77charger

Reaction score
Believe if doj appeals it then it goes to the 9th circus.That can take years right now its just a lure tossed at hope.

Reactions: DWC

77charger

Reaction score
Oh for sure, stays are without a doubt being requested
State knows that they get the ban extended for years doing this they aint new to this.Will be a process to reach supreme court then if it does they need to decide if they want to hear it or kick it back to lower courts.IMO too many courts anything can be bounced around for years.

sintax

Reaction score
State knows that they get the ban extended for years doing this they aint new to this.Will be a process to reach supreme court then if it does they need to decide if they want to hear it or kick it back to lower courts.IMO too many courts anything can be bounced around for years.

The 9th will shoot it down in short order. If it somehow sneaks by the 9th, it’ll be tied up for a decade in the supreme, assuming they decide to hear it

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
I believe the case that SCOTUS recently agreed to hear the case from New York this fall will overturn this case if they do appeal it in the next 2 weeks anyways. The 2nd Amendment simply states we have the right to keep & bare arms. Not we have the right to keep & bare arms unless they look skerry, lol 😂

azsunfun

Reaction score
never heard a personel protection device, assault anybody, fake terms😖

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Back and forth bullshit.. will never pull the trigger again most likely in cali.. even if I had a firearm....

dspracing

Reaction score
So say hypothetically that this actually becomes a reality. Would people previously convicted of violating these rules or even currently incarcerated be released and/or have the info removed from their record?

Javajoe

Reaction score
So say hypothetically that this actually becomes a reality. Would people previously convicted of violating these rules or even currently incarcerated be released and/or have the info removed from their record? ASKING FOR A FRIEND

I fixed it for you 😉

Happy Smitty

Reaction score
😲 oh no. Doesn't that mean these evil black guns will start shooting people now.

I better stay out of California 🤣

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
They ban guns in Callie ? Interesting 😂😂😂👉

Your ad here

Reaction score
So say hypothetically that this actually becomes a reality. Would people previously convicted of violating these rules or even currently incarcerated be released and/or have the info removed from their record?
Thats a good question. There was something asked on Calguns years ago and it was something like if you were convicted while the law was active the conviction stays, because it was the law, at the time. If it's a pending conviction it would probably get dropped.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Like said above. This is a big nothing. It is still law and will be for a very long time. It will be sent to a higher court and wait to be heard for a long time.

4Waters

Reaction score
Thats a good question. There was something asked on Calguns years ago and it was something like if you were convicted while the law was active the conviction stays, because it was the law, at the time. If it's a pending conviction it would probably get dropped.
California forgave Marijuana convictions from the past when they legalized pot, they should do the same here.

sintax

Reaction score

Actually a very interesting topic. I really doubt they’d forgive.

dribble

Reaction score
Well it will get appealed and sit in the courts for years afterall look at the magazine ban.(i dont know the legal jimbo words)but basically the ban will still be in place til appeal is ruled on

But if it was a gay rights issue or other social deal the ruling would stand and and be in place during the appeal process

The magazine ban is not in place. I have a 9mm with a high capacity mag approved on my CCW. I was told by the issuing agency that until it’s decided in court that magazine is legal.

Your ad here

Reaction score
Probably what will happen is the state will push hard to keep it law to prevent lawsuits. I have a buddy that spent over 6 figures to make the punishment of his poor firearm decision making less painful. I bet there are a lot more just like him and I'm sure many would file lawsuits to recoup their money. Another one is I'm sure the state has convicted many on an AW charge but it wasn't the main reason they were pursuing the individual. Can't get them on this charge but have enough for an AW charge.
I don't know why Ca has such ridiculous laws anyways if they are just going to release violent criminals or write a citation for felony crimes. Why waste the time putting people through the system. Stupid ass state.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Probably what will happen is the state will push hard to keep it law to prevent lawsuits. I have a buddy that spent over 6 figures to make the punishment of his poor firearm decision making less painful. I bet there are a lot more just like him and I'm sure many would file lawsuits to recoup their money. Another one is I'm sure the state has convicted many on an AW charge but it wasn't the main reason they were pursuing the individual. Can't get them on this charge but have enough for an AW charge.
I don't know why Ca has such ridiculous laws anyways if they are just going to release violent criminals or write a citation for felony crimes. Why waste the time putting people through the system. Stupid ass state.
Black guns are scary that is why CA has those laws

sintax

Reaction score

$$$$$, end of story.

petie6464

Reaction score
You live there, you support and pay taxes there you should never be able to own a firearm.

77charger

Reaction score
The magazine ban is not in place. I have a 9mm with a high capacity mag approved on my CCW. I was told by the issuing agency that until it’s decided in court that magazine is legal.
True for existing mags legally acquired but can you go to local store and buy a new one?

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
They aren't assault weapons in the first place. It's ridiculous to let them use that narrative.

The term “assault rifle” is the legal description of fully automatic (or 3 round burst), magazine fed, military grade shoulder fired weapons.

There is no legal description that falls under the blanket guise of “assault weapon”...
It does not define any particular style gun, knife, hammer, bat, or hatchet etc.
It is a made up term used for anything that mimics a true assault rifle.
Today that means AR-15’s primarily because they are so popular. Never mind that many non-scary looking rifles fire the same round at the same rate.
Gun restriction, anti 2nd traitors do not know the difference and believe that the term “assault weapon” is a true descriptor. It is not.

azsunfun

Reaction score
the best they can charge the firearm with is accessory to assault, non of my fire arms can move or speak!

CLdrinker

Reaction score
WTF? What county. Please say San Bernardino

Cdog

Reaction score

The state of California would have to based on the fact the state denied constitutional rights. It probably leaves the state open to damages provided the 2nd amendment denial was the primary conviction.