WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

NEW RIDE (not a boat)

Hydroman55

Reaction score
Picked up a 08 Corvette last week. Finally broke into the 2000s my driver was a 95 Lexus for the last 20 years.
A88C1C0C-1D20-4E59-B516-B032EFBA8C03.jpeg

Hydroman55

Reaction score
6.0 with 6 speed manual runs pretty good and 25 mpg on the freeway.
Had a 1992 Acura NSX years ago and always thought it was a pig. Looked cool and reliable as shit but a pig.
The Corvette is way more car... Then again a lot more years of technology.

attitude

Reaction score
Had a 1992 Acura NSX years ago and always thought it was a pig. Looked cool and reliable as shit but a pig.
Pick the speed up to 80ish and you should get about 30mpg, just don’t tell liberals that secret😉

sonicss31

Reaction score
Check out this forum. Pretty good guys here, couple of assholes but all in all good. There is one section just for C6 stuff.

X Hoser

Reaction score
Picked up a 08 Corvette last week. Finally broke into the 2000s my driver was a 95 Lexus for the last 20 years. View attachment 1010753
C6 is still my favorite. Sold my 2005 in anticipation of the C7. Dissappointed! Waited for the C8, on the fence. Like everything about it but the ass end! I’m find myself looking at C6 Z06’s and looking for that right deal.

Hydroman55

Reaction score
C6 is still my favorite. Sold my 2005 in anticipation of the C7. Dissappointed! Waited for the C8, on the fence. Like everything about it but the ass end! I’m find myself looking at C6 Z06’s and looking for that right deal.
Also took my time for right deal. Wanted the tan interior and had a heck of a time finding that with everything else I wanted, manual, solid top, metallic red, factory chrome wheels, condition, etc.
You get my point.

LAPII

Reaction score
Like your style, very nice!

HocusPocus

Stihl Outdoor Power Equip
Reaction score
Congrats, great looking car and a 👍 for the manual trans.

Backlash

Reaction score
One of the best looking Corvettes GM has produced. Nice score!!!

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
Picked up a 08 Corvette last week. Finally broke into the 2000s my driver was a 95 Lexus for the last 20 years. View attachment 1010753

Nice. C6 is the last of the really good looking Corvettes in my opinion. Can't get into the angular/transformer looking C7s and C8s. You definitely got the right color! Here's mine.

9137618A-FA9C-4A88-A255-DC570A16AD42.jpeg

2013 60th anniversary 427 convertible.

nowski

Reaction score
Hydroman, nice car!!!

My buddy picked up an identical C6 about a month ago. The only difference he wanted the Automatic and paddle shifters, old guy thing...

Music to my Ears

Conducting Beautiful Music
Reaction score

Beautiful car! Can you give me an idea what kind of price range something like this goes for? I've looked a little bit online but not sure if the prices I'm seeing are accurate.

Hydroman55

Reaction score
Beautiful car! Can you give me an idea what kind of price range something like this goes for? I've looked a little bit online but not sure if the prices I'm seeing are accurate.
Paid $23k but was exactly what I wanted in perfect condition. As with the boat stuff, whatever the market will bear these days. Probably on the higher end but seemed fair to me.
I just sold a 170,000 mile 95 Lexus LS 400 mint condition for $5K, would have brought 3K 2 years.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
I had an 08 Z06 that was a fun car at first, but after awhile it became more of a chore to drive - it was hot and noisy inside, it was a pain to get in and out, and the seats really weren’t that comfortable. The rear tires wore uneven (from the centers out), after I had it aligned to wear even the rear end became real loose and squirrly (sp), so I had it changed back to the factory specs. I had tuned my Duramax shortly after I got rid of it and actually preferred driving that to the Vette. But now I’ve got a 2016 CTS V and really like it. Yeah, it’s about $20-30 grand more than a 2008 C6 Z06, but it’s much more comfortable, handles just as well without being rough, and it’s much quieter - as I’m getting older these things are becoming more important to me, but power is still on top of the list.

Don’t get me wrong, the Vette was a fun car, but it was a little too coarse for me. And yes, I am becoming more of a wuss as I get older.

Music to my Ears

Conducting Beautiful Music
Reaction score
That seems like a solid price to me for the condition. Thanks for sharing that with me!

Hydroman55

Reaction score
I had an 08 Z06 that was a fun car at first, but after awhile it became more of a chore to drive - it was hot and noisy inside, it was a pain to get in and out, and the seats really weren’t that comfortable. The rear tires wore uneven (from the centers out), after I had it aligned to wear even the rear end became real loose and squirrly (sp), so I had it changed back to the factory specs. I had tuned my Duramax shortly after I got rid of it and actually preferred driving that to the Vette. But now I’ve got a 2016 CTS V and really like it. Yeah, it’s about $20-30 grand more than a 2008 C6 Z06, but it’s much more comfortable, handles just as well without being rough, and it’s much quieter - as I’m getting older these things are becoming more important to me, but power is still on top of the list.

Don’t get me wrong, the Vette was a fun car, but it was a little too coarse for me. And yes, I am becoming more of a wuss as I get older.
Agreed it’s for fun not a daily driver. I have other vehicles and live in Havasu so where I’m going? Not far unless in the pusher.

X Hoser

Reaction score
BTW, beautiful Hot Rod you got there!

I can relate to what you are saying. They are noisy and hard to get in and out of for sure. I was hoping the new C8 would address the noise and heat but getting in and out is what it is! The C7 was nice but I was disappointed with the taillights. Thought they should be round. Same with he C8, should have been round IMO. The rear end is too busy, or too big for me? The C6 LS7 have valve problems from what I have read that should be corrected. Hate tearing into a factory sealed motor with low miles! A couple friends have the CTS’s and love them!

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
BTW, beautiful Hot Rod you got there!

I can relate to what you are saying. They are noisy and hard to get in and out of for sure. I was hoping the new C8 would address the noise and heat but getting in and out is what it is! The C7 was nice but I was disappointed with the taillights. Thought they should be round. Same with he C8, should have been round IMO. The rear end is too busy, or too big for me? The C6 LS7 have valve problems from what I have read that should be corrected. Hate tearing into a factory sealed motor with low miles! A couple friends have the CTS’s and love them!
When I was looking for mine, I was told to stay away from the 06 & 07 Z06's as the needle bearings in the roller rockers would fall out and end up in the oil pan.....if they made it all the way down without jamming in something on the way down. Those cars also had issues with the roofs blowing off - they didn't have targa tops, but the fiberglass cap would just fly off as you were driving down the road - much like you boat interior cushions do when you're towing your boat on the freeway. Supposedly this was taken care of from the 08's on.

Yes, the C6 in my opinion was much better looking than the C7's - they were just too busy, angular, and creased; when they first came out the design looked too Japanese to me.

attitude

Reaction score
When I was looking for mine, I was told to stay away from the 06 & 07 Z06's as the needle bearings in the roller rockers would fall out and end up in the oil pan.....if they made it all the way down without jamming in something on the way down. Those cars also had issues with the roofs blowing off - they didn't have targa tops, but the fiberglass cap would just fly off as you were driving down the road - much like you boat interior cushions do when you're towing your boat on the freeway. Supposedly this was taken care of from the 08's on.

Yes, the C6 in my opinion was much better looking than the C7's - they were just too busy, angular, and creased; when they first came out the design looked too Japanese to me.
LS7s all have head issues even in the z28 camaro 8 years later, not sure why GM never fixed it. I’ve never heard of the top coming off though and I’ve done 160 more than I can count on my fingers in my 06.

Edit: just looked up the roof recall, good thing mine had all the recalls taken care of by the previous owner lol

Last edited: