WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I wish I could join them.

Spudsbud

Reaction score
YOU WILL NOT HEAR ANYTHING ABOUT THIS ON THE NEWS

Living in a Military Town
Eglin Joint Base Command located near Ft. Walton, Florida is presently the largest Military Complex in the world and encompasses a large contingent of Air Force units, Naval Warfare units, and the 7th Army Special Forces and 6th Army Rangers.

My home is exactly 5 miles outside the main gate of Eglin AFB.

Most folks in the USA don't live in a Military Town , with lots of guys in uniform walking the streets and jets overhead daily. They go on with their lives unaware of what a Military Town is all about. And that's OK... but I want to share with you what it's like to live in a Military Town . We see guys in uniform all the time, we have state of the art, high-performance aircraft in the air nearby all day long. We hear the SOUND OF FREEDOM when an F-22 or F-35 streaks over the house... and we read in the local paper, some times daily, but at least weekly, of the loss of one of our own in combat in the Middle East.

And that is what brings me to the reason for this email's
Staff Sergeant Mark DeAlencar was 37 years old, had a family and was a Green Beret with the 7th Army Special Forces stationed here in the Fort Walton area. He was killed on April 8, 201 8 , while fighting Islamic State in eastern Afghanistan . He promised his adopted daughter, Octavia, that he would be home for her High School Graduation. He didn't make it. But she went to graduation anyway. And in the audience were eighty (80) US 7th Armed Special Forces soldiers from her dad's unit in full Parade Dress Uniform. Additionally, they brought THEIR FAMILIES to be with them, as well.

And as Octavia ascended the steps to the stage to receive her diploma THEY ALL SILENTLY STOOD UP. And when she was presented her diploma they ALL CHEERED, CLAPPED, WHISTLED... and YES, CRIED. Everyone in attendance then stood up and cried and cheered. Octavia had graduated and yes she had lost her Dad... but she had 80 other DADS to stand there with her and take his place. I just wanted to share this moment with you... and remind you that THIS IS WHAT IT'S LIKE TO LIVE IN A MILITARY TOWN. This is the real America we all love... and I'm proud to be part of it. May God bless our men in uniform and their families who give so much.

(Take a second to pass this along to someone you know. It's the least we can do for Octavia and SSgt Mark DeAlencar, 7th Special Forces, United States Army.)

And these do-nothing, accomplishment-less, shameless, punk sports figures who are so proud of their juvenile take-a-knee crap... WOW!

Jay Dub

Reaction score
YOU WILL NOT HEAR ANYTHING ABOUT THIS ON THE NEWS

Living in a Military Town
Eglin Joint Base Command located near Ft. Walton, Florida is presently the largest Military Complex in the world and encompasses a large contingent of Air Force units, Naval Warfare units, and the 7th Army Special Forces and 6th Army Rangers.

My home is exactly 5 miles outside the main gate of Eglin AFB.

Most folks in the USA don't live in a Military Town , with lots of guys in uniform walking the streets and jets overhead daily. They go on with their lives unaware of what a Military Town is all about. And that's OK... but I want to share with you what it's like to live in a Military Town . We see guys in uniform all the time, we have state of the art, high-performance aircraft in the air nearby all day long. We hear the SOUND OF FREEDOM when an F-22 or F-35 streaks over the house... and we read in the local paper, some times daily, but at least weekly, of the loss of one of our own in combat in the Middle East.

And that is what brings me to the reason for this email's
Staff Sergeant Mark DeAlencar was 37 years old, had a family and was a Green Beret with the 7th Army Special Forces stationed here in the Fort Walton area. He was killed on April 8, 201 8 , while fighting Islamic State in eastern Afghanistan . He promised his adopted daughter, Octavia, that he would be home for her High School Graduation. He didn't make it. But she went to graduation anyway. And in the audience were eighty (80) US 7th Armed Special Forces soldiers from her dad's unit in full Parade Dress Uniform. Additionally, they brought THEIR FAMILIES to be with them, as well.

And as Octavia ascended the steps to the stage to receive her diploma THEY ALL SILENTLY STOOD UP. And when she was presented her diploma they ALL CHEERED, CLAPPED, WHISTLED... and YES, CRIED. Everyone in attendance then stood up and cried and cheered. Octavia had graduated and yes she had lost her Dad... but she had 80 other DADS to stand there with her and take his place. I just wanted to share this moment with you... and remind you that THIS IS WHAT IT'S LIKE TO LIVE IN A MILITARY TOWN. This is the real America we all love... and I'm proud to be part of it. May God bless our men in uniform and their families who give so much.

(Take a second to pass this along to someone you know. It's the least we can do for Octavia and SSgt Mark DeAlencar, 7th Special Forces, United States Army.)

And these do-nothing, accomplishment-less, shameless, punk sports figures who are so proud of their juvenile take-a-knee crap... WOW!
well done Special 7th forces

azsunfun

Reaction score
second the great dm, death from above, live in flight path west of tucson, love the roar as the jets head to the bombing range👍

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Something is in my eye. There has got to be a video of this somewhere.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
C4418152-C438-4F03-9D16-BA6C89CEB0DF.jpeg

If you are near Ft. Eglin, visit the EOD memorial. EVERY EOD Tech has attended the 9 month Military EOD school there, hence all EOD techs killed in action have actually been there.
Great tribute

Taboma

Reaction score

The family was given a new home from Advance Auto Parts, pretty bad ass.

Gold Star Mothers is an amazing organization. My grandmother was one after losing her son (My uncle) in WWII. She was quite active in it living in Long Beach and after she'd retired, she moved into the American Gold Star Manor in Long Beach, which was a rifle shot from Lions Drag Strip back in the day. Her neighbors were of course also GS Mom's, all amazing wonderful ladies who all watched out for each other.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Coming home.........

Sobering...
Been a pawl bearer a few times, friends or family. The each service member there, it was a brother, even if one they didn't know.

It happens too much. The news rarely shows the flag draped casket. Too patriotic I suppose. People take the American life for granted, because they don't see what has been given to keep it.

May he rest in peace. May the citizenry not forget his sacrifice. May his daughter be proud of him, and make him proud as well.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
MCAS Miramar, (formerly NAS home of the Top Gun program) is a few minutes away. The jet roar is regular, and welcome. They have recently opened up a corner of the base as a Miramar National Cemetery. Fort Rosecrans is too full. I pass it regularly and always give the flag a salute.
Here's my Donation to the Miramar National Cemetery Support Foundation -  Miramar National Cemetery Support Foundation

It has a shocking amount of headstones added in just a few years.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
I'd rather see all our tax money go to infrastructure, military and their support, veterans, our own metal health crisis with homeless, and lowering everyone's taxes before I see us giving away money to other countries.

God Bless all our Armed Forces and the families behind them.

DLC

Reaction score
That’s really powerful to watch! I feel really sad for the family and the difficult times the family will face down the road!

It happens way to often.

But as an American I feel like I need to do something to help out! Besides fly our red, white and Blue. I feel like we the tax payer get walked on all to often. Our military, border patrol & 1st responders don’t get enough support and then pay the ultimate price.

My neighbors nephew just graduated from top gun as a f35 pilot and after listening to some stories, I don’t have a problem paying the tax bill! It’s all the other crap that gets in the way!!

Way to many things are free to able bodied people..... the greatest generation was so great because they worked and sacrificed for so much