WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

How hot does it really get in Havazoo?

boatpi

Reaction score
I was there the day of the record it was stifling

85F852CF-9CD7-4D91-AD32-C41E732103D9.jpeg
I took my Sea-Doo out and went up to the mouth of the river and parked under the shade with a cool river water was.

Havasu Rehab

Reaction score
I remember being there that day. I was just a kid. The thing that stood out most were the dead fish floating on the water surface.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score

As anniversaries go, Lake Havasu City’s is a hot one. Twenty-five years ago, the thermometer notched a record-breaking 128 degrees for a U.S. city. Now, it hopes to beat the June 29 record scorcher — and plans a party with cookie-baking on car dashboards and stamping visitors with “We Know We’re Hot” temporary tattoos.

The Arizona city posted the super-high temperature on June 29, 1994, the hottest day recorded in roughly a century of record-keeping in the state.

“It was a whole week’s worth of 120 to 125 degree temperatures, and then that spike up to 128,” said Doyle Wilson, an environmental scientist and adjunct professor at Arizona State University’s Havasu campus. “We actually had our highest and second-highest temperatures ever during that three- or four-day period.”

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Daughter and I rolled into town to paint the outside of the house when is was 128. We stopped at Walley world to grab some supplies and all you could hear up and down every Isle was HOT!!!, OMG it's HOT!!, F--ing HOT!!. When we got to the counter the clerk said "well is it hot enough for you" and I said "we just rolled into town, you live here so your used to it" and she just looked at me kind of sideways and said "you don't really believe anyone ever gets used to 128 degrees do you?"

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
I remember a co-worker of mine when she came back to work after the 128F said her windshield wipers melted onto her windshield, 😱

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Daughter and I rolled into town to paint the outside of the house when is was 128. We stopped at Walley world to grab some supplies and all you could hear up and down every Isle was HOT!!!, OMG it's HOT!!, F--ing HOT!!. When we got to the counter the clerk said "well is it hot enough for you" and I said "we just rolled into town, you live here so your used to it" and she just looked at me kind of sideways and said "you don't really believe anyone ever gets used to 128 degrees do you?"
117° is hot anything else below that is just warm.🤗😂😊

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
We were there too. It was literally too hot to drink beer. We didn’t go on boat til 6. We had rooms at Black Meadow landing. The couples we met up withs car registered 165!

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
we were heading home from Havasu and leaving parker before Vidal I lost the AC and then started blowing out the water in my truck. Only thing I could do was replace what I had and drive on. Did 3 more refills before beaumont but the truck never missed a beat or lost any parts after driving 3 hours with basicly no water.

gqchris

Reaction score
All I know........ it was 112 this weekend, and I almost gave heat stroke to my pregnant wife! It was about 3pm, we were fine all day parked in Channel at shady side. Decided to put boat away early and putted over to the marina. The wind layed down to nothing and we were idling back to the marina slip, pretty much like an oven. She stated she was getting light headed and I was like oh crap. I grabbed a towel and soaked it for her and layed over her and sped back to the slip. Well we were on gangway L and thats a hike to get back to parking lot. Seems like eternity! We got to the car after what seemed like forever, and I swear the damn Car A/C it did not cool down till back to the house. At that point, I was like, fuck these heatwaves. I have decided I am tapping out July and Augusts unless it is an abnormal cool days. This shit is too hot!LOL

JDKRXW

Reaction score
I was there the day of the record it was stifling

View attachment 1010924 I took my Sea-Doo out and went up to the mouth of the river and parked under the shade with a cool river water was.

This must have been some sort of 25 year old mistake.
If you listen to the enviro wingnuts .... the climate has changed and it's FAR hotter now.

Bugginout

Reaction score
All I know........ it was 112 this weekend, and I almost gave heat stroke to my pregnant wife! It was about 3pm, we were fine all day parked in Channel at shady side. Decided to put boat away early and putted over to the marina. The wind layed down to nothing and we were idling back to the marina slip, pretty much like an oven. She stated she was getting light headed and I was like oh crap. I grabbed a towel and soaked it for her and layed over her and sped back to the slip. Well we were on gangway L and thats a hike to get back to parking lot. Seems like eternity! We got to the car after what seemed like forever, and I swear the damn Car A/C it did not cool down till back to the house. At that point, I was like, fuck these heatwaves. I have decided I am tapping out July and Augusts unless it is an abnormal cool days. This shit is too hot!LOL
I am with you on tapping out during July and August! Leaving tonight to hang out for a week. Thinking this will be the last trip until September. I live in palm desert and my wife and I are over leaving the heat in palm desert for more heat at the river. Gotta be getting old because I don't remember being bothered by it years prior.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
My aunt texted earlier from Rhode Island. They are dying with 90 degrees and high humidity...I don’t miss that.....told her today is beautiful at 84 but this time next week it will be 106.. :p

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Dry heat? Not sure about that, there were light sprinkles in the South end that day, you could see steam coming off the asphalt.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score

Thinking back on this Plan, earlier in the Day =?

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
I've seen 125/127 on our little weather station thing off Jamaica... I think the official temp is at the airport..but other areas in town get hotter obviously. 115 or so is my limit..other than that ill sit in the damn house or not come out here.

This was on Tuesday around 1pm...
IMG_C1CAF82B8FAC-1.jpeg

We take the baby out until 11/12...then she goes back to the house. With the full length Bimini and fan its not horrible though...anything 110+ is hot... My controls were like branding irons after eating at turtle Sunday...

IMG_CD61CD02D136-1.jpeg

2Driver

Reaction score
You haven’t lived until youve been in the McCulloch die cast building in July with 6 presses going and a fork lift shuttling a huge bucket of liquid mag to each station from the smelter. You walk outside and say wow it’s not bad out. :)

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Africa hot there. My hottest was 4th of July in 2003 or so and it was 125 out. Went to dinner at Red Robin and it was 119 at 9:30 at night. That sucked balls. Spent the weekend at the sandbar as it was just ok.

WTR&PWR

Reaction score
I really enjoy the heat but I’ve noticed when it’s over 115 and especially 120 it’s just hard to do anything because everything is so damn hot to touch. I needed to connect a brake hose on the trailer last august outside my buddies house and had to put a house out full blast to lay under the trailer and connect it. That was after spending a couple minutes hosing the trailer down to cool it off.
Now if I go out when it’s that hot we plan pool days and don’t bother launching. The wind feels like a blow dryer.

Boat 405

Reaction score
This was driving up from Parker last summer. I dunno seemed just like another hot one.
53413398-3BDA-474E-B0A0-9B0D2E27A9E5.jpeg

DUNEFLYER

The original DUNEFLYER of RDP 😁
Reaction score
110+ and it Is float in the pool weather. Big hat and cold beer and you don’t know that it is friggin Africa out there.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
It’s already 110. It’s hot as fuck. 110/120. All the same. You do anything outside, in the sun, you better be hydrated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
What do you think is worse?
128 in Havasu
95 degrees/95 % humidity like Florida tropical etc.
105 / 65 like Dallas

I think 128 is the worst, but not by too much..that humidity is a killer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your ad here

Reaction score
117 is hot. 118 and above is miserable. I always dreaded and never understood why the boat had to be detailed, cut and buff, on those hot days. Just put the thing away dirty and keep from wiping yourself out. Could never figure out why the chicks would hang out in the truck for a couple minutes in the heat with it off and just cook in it while the guys ran into the restaurant like they were going to run out of beer.

707dog

Reaction score
my last trip to havasu for hallets in havi it was 123 the day we left my suv did not like dragging the 240 out of the dessert surprised it didn't spit its brains out before Ludlow, my dash actually cracked getting on the freeway

Water Romper

Reaction score
You poor guys and gals that work in that heat, cant imagine what its like mid day delivering packages, wearing full fireman's gear, digging trenches, working on a house- Ugh. Been their many times when its 115+ but I am on the water relaxing. I know the "work day" stops for some construction etc around 11 or 12 noon but still. gotta be tough.

Last edited:

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
We were on Lake Mead in a houseboat then. Unbelievable glassy water the entire trip. Only problem was keeping my SIL out of the frig. She was opening it every 30 min to see if everything was remaining cold and/or frozen. Knew it was hot. Didn't find out how hot until we checked the houseboat back in. They said all their other boats had returned early because of the heat. They were considering going out to check on us.

Louisiana with temps in the 90s is far more uncomfortable. And pretty much every day in the summer.

Nikwho

Reaction score
I recall sitting in the middle of Lake Havasu, floating in my boat, under the bimini and my thermometer read 127°! In the middle of the lake!

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
We were on Lake Mead in a houseboat then. Unbelievable glassy water the entire trip. Only problem was keeping my SIL out of the frig. She was opening it every 30 min to see if everything was remaining cold and/or frozen. Knew it was hot. Didn't find out how hot until we checked the houseboat back in. They said all their other boats had returned early because of the heat. They were considering going out to check on us.

Louisiana with temps in the 90s is far more uncomfortable. And pretty much every day in the summer.
New Iberia LA. The armpit of the country. Typical 90/90 weather (over 90 degrees and over 90 % humidity). Mosquitoes the sz. of birds, 4 of them could carry away a small child.

Your ad here

Reaction score
You poor guys and gals that work in that heat, cant imagine what its like mid day delivering packages, wearing full fireman's gear, digging trenches, working on a house- Ugh. Been the many times when its 115+ but I am on the water relaxing. I know the "work day" stops for some construction etc around 11 or 12 noon but still. gotta be tough.
It's not bad with the right program. Long sleeve shirts and straw hat. Drink plenty of water and only water. Cool off in the shade. Don't get in an air conditioned area or shock cool yourself. You'll make yourself sick and light headed. Don't push the limits.