WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Eliminator Eagle 43' on Craigslist

rrrr

Reaction score
I think there was a member looking to buy an Eagle. This one looks like a winner. Has GT engines and #6 drives.

00p0p_3NVwNHqiNrfz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
That’s a bad ass boat. Joe has been trying to sell it for awhile now. I think it’s the GT motors that are killing that program

Reactions: DWC

Tank

Reaction score
Might sell now that he's getting to a realistic price (under 200k) and actually cleaned the interior grime and leaves out of the engine compartment from earlier pics. :rolleyes:

hallett21

Reaction score
200k is cheap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
That’s a bad ass boat. Joe has been trying to sell it for awhile now. I think it’s the GT motors that are killing that program

Where do GT motors rank in the world of custom packages? Obviously it's not going to get the resale of merc power, but it probably cost less than merc power when built.

farmo83

Reaction score
Where do GT motors rank in the world of custom packages? Obviously it's not going to get the resale of merc power, but it probably cost less than merc power when built.

Lol I'm looking forward to the responses to this.

Personally I would put them at the lower end of the West Coast high end builders and will openly admit others would know more then me. I would run them though vs many others.

Boostpower
Carson Brummett
Teague Custom Marine
Pfaff
GT

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
Might sell now that he's getting to a realistic price (under 200k) and actually cleaned the interior grime and leaves out of the engine compartment from earlier pics. :rolleyes:
Yeah I had those same thoughts when I saw the pics. I’m shocked he hasn’t stripped it apart and parted it out by now….

Tank

Reaction score
Yeah I had those same thoughts when I saw the pics. I’m shocked he hasn’t stripped it apart and parted it out by now….
I was gonna say the exact same thing.

And I don't think it's GT Performance that's scarying off buyers per se I think its the "1200HP" power in general that limits your buyer pool

Oh, and I don't really know which one would be more of a headache, 1200HP blown motors or Merc 1075's, the 1075's are problematic unless they've already remedied the issues.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
I was gonna say the exact same thing.

And I don't think it's GT Performance that's scarying off buyers per se I think its the "1200HP" power in general that limits your buyer pool

Oh, and I don't really know which one would be more of a headache, 1200HP blown motors or Merc 1075's, the 1075's are problematic unless they've already remedied the issues.
Yeah it says Teague rebuilt the 1075s so I’d want to see what all they did. I think usually they fix some of those issues. I agree, not sure either one would be more of a headache than the other. Toss up to me, I just like the red one better and knowing Teague had their hands on it is nice.

Regardless, neither one is selling for $199k lol

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Has been completely regelcoated or painted.
Don’t recall one being done with that graphic.

Nikwho

Reaction score
That's a bad ass boat, for sure. I'm surprised that these aren't configured in a way that give a little more cockpit space. For being 43', it has only marginally more space up top than my 236 Eagle! Space below is obviously night and day, along with the fact that my Eagle would be like a dinghy to this big mofo!

Tank

Reaction score
That's a bad ass boat, for sure. I'm surprised that these aren't configured in a way that give a little more cockpit space. For being 43', it has only marginally more space up top than my 236 Eagle! Space below is obviously night and day, along with the fact that my Eagle would be like a dinghy to this big mofo!
Stagger set up eats up a lot of cockpit.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
08B06EE8-B2B6-40D8-B8BB-E357224701DF.jpeg

Staggered engines. They “could” run them both back on the transom but the boat handles way better this way, plus servicing the engines is easier.

Nikwho

Reaction score
Stagger set up eats up a lot of cockpit.
For sure! Why staggered with two engines? Makes perfect sense with three. Center of gravity/roll center thing? Or just getting the two drives as close to one another as possible? Forgive me, as I am merely a peasant with only single engine boats!

Nikwho

Reaction score
Gelcoater, you posted just a moment prior to me, it seems. Thanks! Figured it was a handling thing.

farmo83

Reaction score
For sure! Why staggered with two engines? Makes perfect sense with three. Center of gravity/roll center thing? Or just getting the two drives as close to one another as possible? Forgive me, as I am merely a peasant with only single engine boats!

Gets the Center of Gravity of down.

Also in a V bottom the faster the boat goes the more it picks up out of the water. If they are out wide you would have to run them really deep. By keeping them in the center you don't have to run them as deep.

Tank

Reaction score
As stated above. Better handling, better performance / more efficient, better CG with stagger.

28Eliminator

Reaction score
Lol I'm looking forward to the responses to this.

Personally I would put them at the lower end of the West Coast high end builders and will openly admit others would know more then me. I would run them though vs many others.

Boostpower
Carson Brummett
Teague Custom Marine
Pfaff
GT

Let me fix this for you ;)

Boostpower
Carson Brummett
Teague
GT
Pfaff

Only because my kid had a Pfaff powered boat... NO WAY IN HELL did it make anywhere near the HP it claimed.
The other reason is, Well...... Greg Olson's GT engines in fatal Attraction 👊😁

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Let me fix this for you ;)

Boostpower
Carson Brummett
Teague
GT
Pfaff

Only because my kid had a Pfaff powered boat... NO WAY IN HELL did it make anywhere near the HP it claimed.
The other reason is, Well...... Greg Olson's GT engines in fatal Attraction 👊😁
I figured Teague would be top dog.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
The 199K purchase price is the least of your worries with that boat . You’ll need a huge truck to tow , huge place to store. ( $$$ ) , high credit gas card , numerous friends to help launch , you are limited to where you boat , towing through town would be an adventure, plus their is no warranty , I could go on … but it would be Bad -Ass

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Put some Mercury 700's in there and that would be a bitchin' boat. Always liked the Scarabs.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Looking deeper you are correct.
Never saw that one.
Stumped me too. I remember Coffee break, the white one with red flames that raced a little, and the red one with the diesels, but all the sudden this one pops up a few months ago. Never saw a thing about it in 2008.🤷‍♂️

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
I think the Gel design is really hurting this boats resale. Very dated. Now that red and silver one above it sweet!

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I think the Gel design is really hurting this boats resale. Very dated. Now that red and silver one above it sweet!
The last I saw of that one the diesels were pulled and it was rotting in some lot.:(

HCP3

Reaction score
Were these hulls built by Eliminator from the mold, or did Eliminator buy the hulls from Scarab and Eliminator did the rigging?

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Were these hulls built by Eliminator from the mold, or did Eliminator buy the hulls from Scarab and Eliminator did the rigging?
The 3 that I'm aware of were laid up by Eliminator. They even modified the top I understand.

I'm wondering if this one for sale was not laid up by Eliminator, because it doesn't have the rear side vents and may not have the modified top.

Gelcoater

Reaction score

FreeBird236

Reaction score
It may be an optical illusion because of how giant the boat is, but it looks really low at the transom.
I really don't know how they relate to other V bottoms of that size, but I would tend to agree. You can see from that one engine compartment pic that they have opened up the engine cover to accommodate the blowers.

shueman

Reaction score
Talked to Tony C about this and he says the example this thread is about was the first.
I remember the orange one as first but I trust Tony’s memory better than mine😂
And there were 4 built by Eliminator

The orange boat was orig for GT Performance as a spec build by them.

The orange scallops boat was Elim first build (700s) and is out on Havasu today.

The red/white scalloped boat was John Harrah's which he raced.

The last build (diesels) never foulbsa buyer unfortunately

Tony DCB Boats

Reaction score
The orange boat was orig for GT Performance as a spec build by them.

The orange scallops boat was Elim first build (700s) and is out on Havasu today.

The red/white scalloped boat was John Harrah's which he raced.

The last build (diesels) never foulbsa buyer unfortunately
You are right on the money Shue! I did run Harrah's before the cabin was done 126 mph. great hull and ran it to Catalina twice in the old Scope days. Made it to Catalina in about 20 minutes... ;)

CLdrinker

Reaction score
The 199K purchase price is the least of your worries with that boat . You’ll need a huge truck to tow , huge place to store. ( $$$ ) , high credit gas card , numerous friends to help launch , you are limited to where you boat , towing through town would be an adventure, plus their is no warranty , I could go on … but it would be Bad -Ass
F150
Let it sit outside
Stimulus checks were huge
Whores from the River crew Instagram will help launch you and the boat
I heard Parker was open

don’t limit yourself.

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
Strongly considering this as an upgrade to the 34. Seems like some good historical knowledge of the boat here. What else should I be concerned about with it?